Celebrating your human girl's birthday the right way

How to celebrate your human girlfriend's birthday
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hello all, and happy birthday to our amazing, sweet, talented and gorgeous Bae Joohyun. Here is the first of a few fics I have for her. I love her so she gets fics of course. Now, as some of you may know now my vampire Seul oneshots have become a series it’s called “Life of an undead musician” so what better way to add something than a birthday oneshot with Seulgi trying to celebrate with her human girlfriend, hm. Could be nice, enjoy.

 

Thank you very much to my sponsors. I appreciate you all for becoming sponsors :) fabricsoftener, AvryGeist171, crwight01,royalshipper2122, DTHDHR, Bernkaset, Casti1004, jasonds, Megankind, ZombieJuhyun, and Rita—1211. Thank you so much for being sponsors. ^^

 

 

The blonde violinist sat in the concert hall with violin in hand as she practiced for an upcoming performance. Seulgi didn’t necessarily expect to do another show so soon with Joohyun’s birthday fast approaching. The vampire is honestly feeling anxious to say the least and she hasn’t felt such a way in a very long time. She hasn’t ever been with a human before Joohyun. Even when she was a human a very long time ago she never had a romantic involvement with another human. She is anxious because she is about to prepare to celebrate Joohyun’s birthday with her. But Joohyun is a human and humans require things that vampires do not.

 

“Things like food.” Seulgi thinks to herself as she’s had to of course keep food and other beverages in her house now for her girlfriend to enjoy. Things were probably a little more simple when she didn’t have a human lover. However, she wouldn’t change anything about the fact she does have this amazing person in her life. Seulgi hopes to make her first birthday they are spending as a couple special. Joohyun made her birthday special not that long ago and the blonde had long since stopped caring for such things. It is Seulgi’s hope to make Joohyun’s birthday just as special too.

 

“Boss?” She stops playing when she hears her assistant calling out to her from the audience.

 

“Yes, is there anything wrong?”

 

“No, boss.” Her assistant assures. “I just wanted you to know that the flowers you requested for Joohyun’s birthday will be delivered in time.”

 

“Thank you.” Seulgi nods. “I’m still somewhat new to this human girlfriend situation, so I appreciate your input.”

 

“Not a problem, boss. For what it’s worth I think you two make a really lovely pair.”

 

“Thank you.”

 

Seulgi can’t deny her feelings for Bae Joohyun are unlike any she has ever felt before. She tried in the beginning to push those feelings aside and even make Joohyun scared of her too in an effort to protect the human. It was futile as neither of them could deny what they felt and those feeling only continued to grow. Seulgi can’t be ungrateful for Joohyun not giving up because now they are here together a whole year later. The blonde takes a look at her phone and it’s nearly time for Joohyun’s workday to end.

 

“I’m going to get going. Please let me know if there’s anything else that may come up.”

 

“You got it, boss. Have a good day.”

 

“You too.”

 

Seulgi packs up her violin case and starts to leave the venue. More times than not she does enjoy picking up Joohyun from her work. Her girlfriend’s coworkers always entertain her in some way as they are either starstruck, fawning all over her, or being just interesting humans. They’re also cute in the way they react to how she treats Joohyun. She can’t help it if she’s in love with her wonderful girlfriend. A girlfriend who has a birthday coming up.

 

“I wonder what she would want.”

 

Seulgi has spent a little more than a year with the woman and has been paying very close attention to Joohyun. She isn’t an overly materialistic woman at all. But Seulgi would like to treat her well because she knows that it would be appreciated for the thoughts and consideration that went into it. Seulgi remembers early on in March when they were at Joohyun’s apartment the vampire did try and ask to get an idea on where Joohyun’s head was.

 

(Flashback)

 

Joohyun had asked her to stay the night with her which wasn’t anything unusual for the couple. Sometimes Joohyun is with her at her place or there are times like now where Seulgi is here with her. The brunette is in the middle of what appears to be a late night assignment for work as she types away on her laptop. Seulgi smiles in amusement as she herself remembers when she was really just learning how to use one of of those machines. She honestly was terrified at first of the laptop and thought it was some sort of demonic device.

 

“Why are you smiling, hm?” Joohyun asks when she notices the smile on the crimson-eyed woman’s face.

 

“I’m just remembering a long time ago when I first was learning about this laptop. I thought it was a demon.”

 

Joohyun looks at her for all of a few moments before cracking up in loud laughter as she imagines her cute vampire facing off against the oh so scary laptop. It must have been quite a sight to see.

 

“Oh, my tough vampire was scared of a laptop. Why does that sound so cute?”

 

“I didn’t say I was scared of it.”

 

“Aww, were you scared of it?” Joohyun gets up and walks over to where Seulgi is sitting on the bed and wraps her arms around the slightly taller woman. She hugs her and kisses her lips. The vampire immediately kisses her without any hesitation. If telling Joohyun she thought the laptop was a demon makes her get some kisses from her girl then it’s worth it in her opinion.

 

“No, but we didn’t have computers in my day, so imagine my surprise with certain technology. I learned to adapt of course.”

 

“You’re so cute, Kang Seulgi.” Joohyun tells her with hands to her cheeks and some kisses.

 

“I’m not cute. But, I need to ask you something.”

 

“What do you need to ask me?”

 

“What would you like for your birthday?” The blonde gets to what she is most curious about. The shorter woman pauses and looks a little surprised by the question. She hasn’t honestly given a lot of thought to her birthday. Joohyun feels like she has a pretty great gift in her girlfriend whom she is completely in love with. The brunette hugs her and leans in for a kiss.

 

“I don’t need anything when I have you, Seul.”

 

(End)


 

It was sweet and Seulgi was sure Joohyun did mean it. But the vampire simply didn’t want to do nothing for the woman she loves on her birthday. She’ll figure something out as there is still time. The blonde enters the building where her girlfriend works and per usual is greeted by several people whom are fans or just know of her. Once at Joohyun’s floor her girlfriend’s coworkers greet her nicely as they always do.

 

“Hi, Seulgi. How are you?”

 

“I’m well, thank you. How are you two?”
 

“Great, we heard that you’re going to be having another show soon?”

 

“Yes, it’s sort of an unexpected performance but preparations are underway already. Is…” Seulgi doesn’t even get to ask for Joohyun before her coworkers are already telling her that she’s just finishing up and waiting for her. Seulgi is a regular visitor after all and doesn’t have to ask. She makes her way to where Joohyun’s desk is to find the brunette is really in the middle of packing up her work bag. Seulgi walks up softly and quietly before wrapping arms around the shorter woman.

 

“Good afternoon.” The blonde kisses the side of her cheek.

 

“Seul!” Joohyun jumps some startled in her arms. Seulgi laughs in amusement because after all this time Joohyun should be used to her doing this by now.

 

“I’m going to get offended soon if you keep acting so startled by my hugs.”

 

“If you keep sneaking up on me then what do you expect.” The human chuckles some and turns around in her arms. “Good afternoon, baby.” She kisses her lips. “Did you come straight from the concert venue?”

 

“Yeah, I couldn’t wait to see you.”

 

“You’re sweet. Here to see me safely home and everything?”

 

“Of course.” Seulgi agrees. She gives a slight bow and reaches out her arm for Joohyun to take. Just then the couple hear two loud swooning voices in the distance that can only belong to her coworkers.

 

“Such a gentlewoman!”

 

“Joohyun, you lucky woman!”

 

“Thank you, I know.” She waves goodbye to her coworkers and takes the vampire’s offered arm. Joohyun knows how very lucky she is to have Seulgi and she wouldn’t change anything about the two of them. She notices ever since it has turned March that Seulgi has been subtly trying to ask her what she would like for her birthday. Seulgi is being very sweet and Joohyun has told her a few times that she doesn’t need anything at all since she has the one thing she wants which is the vampire. They walk through the town streets with linked arms towards Joohyun’s apartment complex when Joohyun asks about her upcoming show.

 

“Are you ready for your show?”

 

“Yes,” Seulgi nods. “I’m glad that it’s before your birthday. I know you keep saying that you don’t want anything.”

 

“I have you, remember.” Joohyun reminds her with a gentle peck to her cheek.

 

“You’re sweet for saying this, Joohyun. I will think of some way to celebrate your birthday with you. Remember how much you wanted to celebrate mine with me?”

 

“You gave me such a hard time my 500-year-old vampire. Do you not remember that? I do.” She chuckles in amusement as she remembers the constant teasing and reluctance on Seulgi’s end. It seems like such a long time ago now even though it truly wasn’t.

 

“You were cute as you tried to guess my birthday. I know yours and it’s special to me since it’s my first birthday with you.”

 

Joohyun smiles with slightly red cheeks. The sound of spending of her birthday with Seulgi makes her heart feel warm. She was able to spend the vampire’s birthday with her just a month earlier and that was pretty special since it was their first as a couple.

 

“We will be together on my birthday, Seul. I want you to do what you feel comfortable with, alright? I know it’ll be a first for you in a lot of ways. But most importantly we’ll be together, right?”

 

“Yes,” the vampire smiles softly. It’s what’s important to her too. They will be together and that’s what she does care about. The blonde does think there is people she can go to for some advice and she will arrange a meeting with them soon. First she must deal with her upcoming performance which arrives quickly and goes well. Seulgi like normal focuses all of her attention onto her girlfriend in the front row and it’s known now of their relationship, so the press will sometimes make small mentions to them. It’s cute when they’ll write about it.

 

“Musician hands rose to her lover.”

 

“Girlfriend of famous musician gets special mention at end of the concert.”

 

“Stunning girlfriend shyly blows kiss to musician on stage.” Seulgi’s personal favorite of course and loves to see how shy Joohyun gets when she reads that part of any part about her beauty. Seulgi tells her girlfriend she is beautiful all the time and Joohyun will just get so incredibly shy like some sort of school girl that the vampire finds it absolutely endearing. The woman is also just so humble too and not conceited in any way which makes her all the more attractive. Seulgi waits backstage in her dressing room for said girlfriend to join her like she will normally after any performance. While the vampire waits she is on her phone making certain arrangements for an upcoming birthday for a very special someone that is still very much a surprise. Seulgi can hear Joohyun’s soft and quiet footsteps long before they are actually near and puts her phone away. She stands up to properly greet her girlfriend who immediately walks over to hug the taller woman.

 

“Hi, Seul.” Joohyun smiles and hugs her warmly. “You were great.”

 

“Thank you for accepting my rose, my lady.” Seulgi offers her a polite bow and gestures to the rose in Joohyun’s free hand. Nearly every performance from the very first time Joohyun had gone to her show up until now Seulgi has reached out into the audience and handed her a rose. It has always been the sweetest gesture and Joohyun really has kept every single one of because as Seulgi explained to her they are not typical red roses. The red roses are magical red roses that are enchanted to not ever die.

 

“I’ll always accept your roses.” She promises and leans up to kiss her fully on the lips. “Was that the song you sampled for me the other night?” Joohyun has to ask since it sounded familiar to her. Seulgi will sometimes give her sneak previews into new songs that she has yet to play for the public. Joohyun really enjoys sitting and listening to the musician play for her specifically. There are times the blonde plays for her and it’s like a beautiful lullaby helping her to sleep.

 

“Thank you for coming tonight. I know it was a last minute show and you have plans with your family tomorrow.” Seulgi mentions. Joohyun nods and gives her hand a squeeze. Joohyun has some pre-birthday plans with her family tomorrow and the couple have spoken already about the obvious. It’s not like Joohyun doesn’t wish to introduce the woman she loves to her family. She really would love nothing more than to bring Seulgi home to meet her family but there were reasons as to why that just couldn’t be.

 

(Flashback)

 

The human reached over for her vampire lover in the darkness only to find no one next to her. She is about to call out for Seulgi but then realizes quickly where the blonde might be. Joohyun reaches for her robe first to cover her body and is about to go look in the room where Seulgi can usually be found with her instruments. Most of the times she is in there even if she’s not playing any music at all she can be found there. Joohyun doesn’t get to leave the bedroom however as she can make out a figure in a white sleepshirt and dark pajama pants out on the balcony of her bedroom. Seulgi seems to be out there just gazing out into the night. Joohyun heads out there too and is immediately hit with the cold air. The shorter woman stands behind her and snuggles into her back with head pressed against her for warmth.

 

“What are you doing out here?” Seulgi wonders in amusement.


“What are you doing out here?” Joohyun asks her back. “You should be in bed with me.”

 

“I’m sorry, I just needed to clear my head.” Seulgi turns around to fully wrap her arms around her girlfriend.

 

“Well, let’s go back inside, alright?”

 

Seulgi nods and allows Joohyun to take her by the hand. They go back inside to the bedroom and under the covers again. Joohyun knows most likely where Seulgi’s thoughts are. They have recently had a conversation about a topic that was bound to come up and it wouldn’t surprise the brunette if that’s what Seulgi was still thinking about.

 

“Are you still thinking about our earlier conversation?” She questions.

 

“A little.” The vampire admits. “But this is something out of our hands, Joohyun. I do understand why you couldn’t introduce me to your family.”
 

“I want to but…” The human pauses. “My grandmother in particular has always been very intune with the supernatural and she would probably try to banish you with some sort of garlic charm or something.”

 

Seulgi laughs in amusement and wraps an arm tightly around Joohyun to bring her even closer.

 

“Tell her to try a wooden stake through the chest. I hear that works.”

 

Joohyun shakes her head in disbelief as she can tell Seulgi is being all light-hearted and carefree which Joohyun isn’t sure if she should laugh or be more worried from that honestly. The brunette doesn’t want anyone hurting or trying to hurt the woman she loves. She wraps her arms around the crimson-eyed woman and whispers something that would have sounded incoherent had Seulgi not heard it anyway.

 

“Oh come on, Hyun. It was a little funny.”

 

“No, you’re not funny, Seul. I don’t want anything happening to you.”

 

“Hey, I’m 500 if something was going to happen I think it would have happened by now, so don’t worry, alright? As long as I have you that’s what matters the most to me.”

 

(End)


 

“My family just know that I am seeing someone and that I’m happy.” Joohyun says. “But they don’t know exactly who I’m seeing.”

 

“Hey, so was your grandmother some sort of vampire hunter?” Seulgi wonders half-seriously. It’s not hard to imagine because there are indeed people who have taken up arms against her kind not all of them human either.

 

“No, I don’t believe so. She just would always tell me about there being a supernatural side to our town and I just never believed her. But then I met you.” The human says it softly with a hand to the vampire’s pale cheek.

 

“Then I met you.” Seulgi leans over to kiss her. “I hope you have a good time with your family, Joohyun. Let me get you home, alright?”

 

“Alright, I’ll be thinking about you tomorrow, I promise.”

 

Seulgi knows because she will be thinking about Joohyun as well. She does honestly hope the brunette has a good time with her family as she does have other things to do in preparation for her birthday. Seulgi has made other arrangements while Joohyun will be spending the day with her family tomorrow and it is all meant to be a surprise. Joohyun still has no idea about what’s going on which is good and Seulgi hopes it stays as such. For the human she does go meet with her family the following day and as wonderful as it always is to see her family and be with them. She really can’t help if she has thoughts of Seulgi on her mind too.

 

“I’m glad you were able to come spend some time with us, Hyun.” Her mother tells her.

 

“I’m glad to be here with all of you, mom.” She smiles genuinely. “I’m sorry it couldn’t have been on my actual birthday. But…”

 

“You have some plans with this special someone of yours, hm?”

 

“I…” Joohyun cheeks turn an obvious shade of red. Even if she can’t directly talk too much about Seulgi it’s really the thoughts of her girlfriend that make her go immediately red. Joohyun wishes it would be possible to introduce her girlfriend to her family. She knows that such a thing is not possible at least not at this moment anyway.

 

“Who is this mystery person that has you so happy, Hyun? We would really like to meet them.”

 

“Well…”

 

“Yes, Hyun.” Her grandmother says from her seat. “If someone is making you turn this red in the face I would like to personally know about them.”

 

Joohyun tries her best to keep a straight face when her grandmother in particular speaks. She has honestly ran the scenario of bringing Seulgi to meet her grandmother over in her mind and each time it has gone awry. She has imagined her grandmother seriously trying to drive a stake through her girlfriend’s chest, throw garlic at her, or even hold some sort of prayer circle among some of the thoughts. Joohyun can’t be sure what could happen but it never ends well in her thoughts. She couldn’t bring herself to tell her grandmother that she has been seeing a vampire for the past year, even if said vampire is the most gentle woman she has probably ever known in her life.

 

“Well, maybe one day, grandmother.” Joohyun says to her.

 

“I hope that means one day soon.”

 

“Um, sure…”

 

“We know you like women, Hyun. Don’t be worried about hiding a woman from us if that’s the big concern.” Her grandmother begins. “Why back in my day I had flings with beautiful women as well…”

 

“Grandmother!” Joohyun shouts out in shock as that’s just about the last thing she expected to hear and everyone around her starts to laugh at her shocked expression. Of all the things Joohyun thought she would hear that wasn’t it at all. Joohyun hopes whatever Seulgi is doing she is having a less eventful day than she is right about now. However, with the blonde. She is about to be meeting with some of Joohyun’s closest friends. She has met with her girlfriend’s friends before, although not by herself and she remembers being very nervous then.

 

(Flashback)


 

Joohyun looked over to her vampire love who looked calm and cool on the outside as normal. She looked nice too dressed in a plain white top and dark destruction jeans with converse sneakers on. Joohyun wondered if perhaps Seulgi was trying to appear more human or so to blend in and not

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter