Objective: To Date You uwu

Objective: To Date You uwu

A kitchen is a magical place for cooking many things, like food or poison or ideas. In the case of a certain Kim Jongdae, it was an idea. 

Yixing was sitting in a booth in the communal kitchen, calmly eating some pasta when Jongdae had returned from getting a bottle of Gatorade from her friend, and TA, Minseok. 

"You got it?" Yixing asked, not looking up from whatever they were watching on their phone. 

"Yeah, and he gave me his resume, too." Jongdae sat across from Yixing. The two friends looked at their TA's resume, mourning how their own resumes paled in comparison. The Chinese girl smirked, commenting on how at least Jongdae has paper proof that Minseok has good prospects for the future.

"You keep saying you ship it but it's never gonna happen, Xing." Jongdae rolled their eyes.

"Ah, but it could. Wouldn't that be so cute? Let me ship you two together, you deserve someone that would treat you well." Yixing pouted before continuing to consume their meal. 

The other girl looked at the resume once more before perking up, "Hey, what if I wrote a resume and at the top put 'objective: to date Kim Minseok'?"

"I'd tell you to in write it."

"Oh god."

"Do it for the meme, Dae. If not for the ship, then for the meme." Yixing was now grinning like an idiot. For the next several minutes the two began considering what a 'date-me-plz-uwu' resume would be comprised of until the conversation lulled into silence.

The door to the kitchen opened- it was Minseok. The two friends looked at each other, and Yixing began to laugh uncontrollably. Minseok looked at the laughing girl questioningly but he paid it no mind. At this point, the TA probably assumed that something was wrong with her. When the TA eventually left the kitchen Yixing was finally able to utter, "So did he see it?"

"I barely changed the ing screen in time, you ." Jongdae half glared from across the booth. Yixing narrowly missed a thrown eraser as they went to throw out the take out container they had been eating from. 


"Whatever happened to that resume you were making that time?" Yixing asked one day many weeks later during midterms season. The two friends were seated in the lecture hall for one of their classes, waiting for the professor to eventually arrive and mumble the material at them for an hour and a half. 

"I don't think I ever finished it, why?" Jongdae their laptop as they racked their brain trying to remember where they had saved it. 

"Are you gonna give it to Minseok?" 

"I dunno, I need to finish it still."

"If you want I can work on it for you," Yixing leaned over, "I don't mind gassing you up and making you look like the prime candidate for a significant other."

Jongdae could only laugh as they shared the document with their friend, not thinking of what it would turn into.


 

Name: Kim Jongdae

a.k.a. "a precious and sensitive kouhai hoping their senpai will notice them"

Objective: to date Kim Minseok uwu

 

Prior Experience: 

One serious relationship.

  • duration: 8 months

  • did the once. it was eh.

  • ended due to h.s. graduation >_<

 

Pros of Dating me:

  • s help reduce stress :3

    • they're like pre-warmed pillows

  • I'm soft and good for cuddles 

    • kisses tooooooo

  • I'll always be there to support you owo

  • I'll eat food with you nom nom

  • I'll watch tv with you (pwomise no spoilers)

  • I'll keep you company while you study

    • might ask you for help though

    • studying with you is nice

  • I can be your drinking buddy too

  • I know taekwondo, I will protecc you

  • I love Halloween (couple costumes if you wanna uwu)

    • I ❤️ nightmare before christmas

 

Life Skills

  • works well with children

    • 10/10 wifey material

  • exceptional at communication through text and e-mail (i won't leave you on read)

  • I will entertain you with questions that may or may not make me seem dumb, I promise I'm smart

  • Always willing to learn new skills

    • will learn to cook for you

  • I can dance for you

    • or on you. your choice.

  • humor that may make you genuinely concerned for me and I don't know if it should at this point

    • dArK HuMoR Is tHe oNlY HuMoR

  • I can sing for you

    • just don't judge me plz

 

Education

  • studying electrical engineering

    • will get a job that makes good money

    • good money = good life

    • I can help the kids with the math HW

 


Yixing grinned before poking her friend in the arm, "I have completed it for you."

Jongdae squinted at Yixing suspiciously before looking at the doc. Luckily, the class had just ended and the next class was beginning to enter so no one heard Jongdae say, "You little , you made me look like a in weeb."

"but you are a in weeb."


Jongdae stared at her laptop, wondering what to do. On one hand, the spring semester was drawing to a close, it would be a while until she would end up seeing Minseok again... besides her and the TA had grown a lot closer this past semester.

It wouldn't hurt to try and shoot her shot, right? It was 10 pm, she and Minseok were in a study lounge doing homework for their respective classes. Yixing was who knows where probably writing fanfiction or playing guitar rather than being responsible. Taking a deep breath, Jongdae began packing her things to head to her room and get ready to sleep.... and to avoid the aftermath of what she was about to do in person. She swiped her ID at the printer and garnered what little courage she could muster to go along with Yixing's strange shipping fantasies. 

"Hey Minseok, I was wondering if maybe you could go over my resume for me and just let me know what you think about it later?" Jongdae managed to say without stuttering.

"Sure just leave it there and I'll take a look at it," Minseok said before looking up from his laptop, "Night, Dae."

"G'night, Minseok."


Jongdae was eating lunch with Yixing when she had got a notification. It was an e-mail from Minseok. Nervously, she opened the email and began to read it. 

 

To: Kim Jongdae
From: Kim Minseok
Subject: your resume

Dear Ms. Kim Jongdae,

Your application for a position that was not advertised has been received. 
I have found your resume to be particularly 
impressive and would like to interview you to get to know you better before deciding if you would be best suited for this position.
If you choose to accept, the location is tonight at the dining hall for dinner at 
9 pm.
I'm certain I will see you there, it's a date.
Furthermore, attached is my resume for a similar position, I hope you will take me into consideration as well.

Sincerely,
Kim Minseok

 

"Click on the resume, click on the resume." Yixing squealed. Jongdae rolled her eyes and opened the document. The first two lines were enough for her to relax her shoulders and realize she made the right choice after all.

 

Name: Kim Minseok

a.k.a. "a jaded senpai that has been waiting for their kouhai to notice them"

Objective: to date Kim Jongdae owo