Tell Me That You Love Me Anyway

Tell Me That You Love Me Anyway

“Look at them.”

 

Jennie is seething. Seething! There, right across from Chaeyoung, stands a tall, pretty, suave young lady whose mere presence seems to be enough to turn heads. Chaeyoung’s own presence helps nothing-

 

Jisoo sighs, patting the seat beside her. “C’mon now Jen. Drop it.”

 

“Drop it?! Drop it?!? Jisoo!”

 

Jisoo pinches her nose bridge.

 

The tall, charming girl stands eye to eye with Chaeyoung, who in all her sweet naivety, just smiles up at her ex politely. Chaeyoung’s just like that though- she wouldn’t even be rude to the worst people.

 

Lisa laughs nervously from beside the duo. “You’re being flirty.” She notes to the ex in a nervously high-pitched voice.

 

Chaeyoung just laughs, not really paying much attention as she leafs through the contents of her backpack. Her ex, though, chuckles nervously. “Well, I-“

 

“She’s joking!” Chaeyoung cuts in with a smile. Lisa glances over her shoulder nervously. Chaeyoung’s ex looks a little uncomfortable and baffled. “You’re just making this weird, Lisa!”

 

Lisa winces to herself. “Am I though??”

 

Chaeyoung’s ex clears awkwardly. “Well, I- I mean, I still have feelings for you, Chaeyoung.”

 

Lisa’s eyes grow wide as saucers while the ever-oblivious Chaeyoung turns, absolutely scandalized. “I knew it!” Lisa shrieks, leaping up with pointed fingers. “I knew something was weird with you!”

 

Chaeyoung’s ex shifts on her feet with a nervously high-pitched laugh, gauging Chaeyoung’s reaction (which amounts to not much more than a blank stare). “Chaeyoung?”

 

Meanwhile, from the other side of the hall, Jisoo and Jennie suddenly look like they’re in a fight. “Jennie!” Jisoo tries to shriek but it comes out more as a wheeze, as she leaps up to snatch Jennie around the waist to keep the girl from lunging at Chaeyoung’s ex.

 

“Let- me- go!” Jennie growls, upping her efforts to escape Jisoo’s lock around her waist holding her back. Jisoo just grits her teeth and prays to everyone she knows for the strength to hold on.

 

Chaeyoung is starting to chuckle nervously and Lisa has long booked it out of there. “I- I had no idea-“

 

“Just hear me out, okay?” The ex is quick to interject. Neither of them notice Lisa rushing to join Jisoo’s brave efforts to restrain a totally enraged Jennie Kim. “I know we didn’t end things on the best note, but- I’m different now! I’ve had some time to think about my actions, and I really didn’t treat you right back then. I miss you a lot and the only person I can think is about is you.”

 

Chaeyoung is utterly flabbergasted. “That’s so sweet. I didn’t know you felt that way, but I’m sorry-“

 

“LET ME SLAP HER!”

 

“Don’t slap her!” Lisa shrieks, narrowly avoiding a flailing elbow to the eye.

 

The duo finally notices the commotion that’s slowly proceeding towards them. Jisoo’s got her arms locked around Jennie’s waist in an effort to pull her back, but the smaller girl plows on in an impressive show of strength, her eyes fixed on Chaeyoung’s ex with the flames of hell burning bright in her pupils. Chaeyoung looks shook. Lisa waves frantically at her to do something about this.

 

“I’m sorry, we can talk later.” Chaeyoung smiles awkwardly, before dashing down the hall towards Jennie, who looks like she’s minutes away from breaking free from her captor’s grip.

 

“Oh my gosh- Jennie!”

 

“What did she say to you.” The girl growls lowly, still trying to break free from Jisoo’s death hold. “If she’s trying to steal my girl, I swear I’ll-“

 

“It’s not like that babe! Relax, okay? I was about to tell her I’m taken.” Chaeyoung reaches out to curl her fingers around a strand of Jennie’s hair, and the change in Jennie is almost frightening. She un-tenses upon touch, practically purring as she leans into Chaeyoung’s hand.

 

“Really?”

 

On the side, Jisoo topples over, heaving for air. Lisa immediately crouches over her, frantically waving a hand over the winded girl’s face.

 

Chaeyoung smiles softly at Jennie. “Of course. I’d never look at anyone but you.” She smooths her thumbs over the soft curve of Jennie’s cheekbones with the gentlest smile.

 

Jennie sighs. “Everyone’s always trying to take you away from me.” She pouts, gazing into Chaeyoung’s eyes with a pout to rival the youngest puppies.

 

“And that’s never going to happen. Don’t worry, okay? Now tell me- why is Jisoo unnie lying there looking like she’s dead?”

 

Jennie finally stops long enough to notice the other girl lying winded on the floor. Lisa’s fanning doesn’t seem to be helping much. “Ah.”

 

Jisoo weakly lifts her head up long enough to send Chaeyoung a half-hearted glare. “I’m not doing that ever again- next time your crazy exes’ come around, you’re on your own!” She exclaims before her head drops back down onto Lisa’s lap. Lisa winces and fans a little faster.

 

Needless to say, Chaeyoung’s ex doesn’t show up again- well, not that one at least.