Song Seunghyun

What If

"So where are we going?" I asked the man sitting in the driver's seat. His head turned to my direction, and he winked at me, a grin plastered on his face. "Just wait and see." As he plugs in the black wire into his phone, I rushed over and snatched his phone from his hands.

"Hey!" He shouted, and reached over me, trying to reach his phone as if it was his lifeline. I tried to stretch my arm out of his reach, but his used his height to his advantage and he quickly grabbed a hold of my hand and releasing its grasp to get his oh so precious phone. He chuckled to himself as soon as he was able to get it out of my reach.

"It's not fair! You're too tall!" I pouted and crossed my arms, trying my best to show him my best puppy dog eyes. He stared at me for a while, then sighed and handed me his phone. "Here, here. Play whatever you want." "You're the best, seungchan!" I exclaimed. I turned his phone on and opened his playlist, playing the song with the highest pitch. He has a wide range of songs in his playlist, which is why I usually play his songs instead of my own. "I dare you to sing along to this song." I rubbed my hands together with an evil grin. "$30?" He asked, confidence drawn on his face. "$30."

As the car was on its merry way, he sang and sang, his sweet voice echoing throughout the body of the car. That is, until the high note comes in and his voice cracks. I let out a small chuckle, trying to hold in, before laughing hysterically in my seat. Determined to get his $30,  he continues singing, ignoring my incessant laughing on the side, and tries to hit all the high notes but failing each time. As the song ended, I handed him a bottle of water. He gulped it all down in 5 seconds, gasping.

I reached into my bag and pulled out my wallet, opening up and pulling out a few paper notes, totalling up to $30. He was gasping for air after his undoubtedly amazing performance. I placed his $30 into the back of his phonecase, and I could hear him whisper a small "woohoo".

More songs kept on playing, and we sang along to each of them. It was like a duet, except my voice was effortlessly defeated by his soft and sweet voice. He stepped on the brakes, and the car finally stopped moving. After he turned the engine off, we stepped out of the car and took in the magnificent view.

It caught my breath. It was a field of grass, spreading wide endlessly. There was a blanket laying on top, illuminated by the pink and orange glow of the descending sun. I stared at him, mouth still wide open. His features all shined perfectly, as if he was the star. "This- this is perfect, seungchan."

"I'm glad you like it. I actually thought it was too simple." He scratched the back of his neck. I reached over and tiptoed messing up his hair. "It's more than perfect. I promise I'll pay you back."

"It's alright. There's no need to pay me back."

"I insist, seungi."

He sighed in defeat, before muttering "fine.."

I chuckled and made my way onto the blanket. There was a basket laden with snacks. I sat down on one corner of the blanket, while seunghyun sat beside me. He teared open a bag of chips and offering me some. Each time we're togethet, he tells me jokes and funny stories from his time with the rest of the members or during concerts, and I never get tired of it. We laughed until the sun was halfway down the horizon.

He noticed the sun setting, and suddenly stood up, telling me not to look back. I wanted to question him but knowing him, it's a surprise worth waiting for, so I shut my mouth and followed his orders. I stared into the beautiful sunset waiting for seunghyun. A minute later he came back with his guitar in his hands, and sat down where he had just sat.

"I thought that i should play you a song, especially under this beautiful sunset."

I smiled at his words. He placed the instrument on his lap, and began to strum. As soon as he plays the first few notes, it clicked, and I immediately recognized the song. His voice complements the song perfectly, making it even more special. It was I Confess, one of ft island's songs and one of my favourites of all time.

SH:

ijen nae mam gobaek habnida

haneulmani nae mam abnida

sojunghan mankeum akkyeo on naeui jinsimeul

When I saw that he kept on strumming without singing, I realized the fact that he wanted me to sing with him. My lips curled, and I waited for the right moment before letting my voice set free. He looked in my direction and smirked in success.

Me:

malharyeoni nunmul nabnida

chueokdeuri seucheogabnida

geudae animyeon eobseosseul oneulibnida

SH:

cheoeum mannatdeon geu nal nan

eoseolpeugo ddo eoryeottjyo

jikyobwa dallan nae maleul midgo

gidaryeojun sigandeul

Both:

ddaelon nae silsuro maeum apeuge haettjyo

maebeon nal tathaji anhgo

gwaechanha gwaenchanha useumyeo

naege himi dweeottjyo

bappeudan pinggyero seounhage hal ttaemyeon

wonmangdo haesseul beobhande

geokjeongma geokjeongma charari

wirohamyeo mideojun geudaen geojyo

It went on and on in the same way, us singing the chorus together, until the end of the song, and until he strums the last chord. He looked up at me, showing me his signature adorable grin that melts not only my heart, but also those of thousands of fans out there. To think, that I could see that smile personally and up close, and knowing for a fact that I have it all to myself makes me giddy.

As he put away his guitar, without thinking, I jumped forward into his chest. He was clueless for a second, before realizing what's happening. I lay on top him, wrapping my arms around his body as his hands found his way onto my back. There was a moment of silence, but that was easily broken by our laughs.