Rest Well, Mitan

Rest Well..

Gocheok Dome, 24 December 2018

 “Nice work everyone!”

“Thank you for your hardwork.”

 

The waiting room was filled with those words right after all TWICE member finished their pre-record for gayo daejun. They’re gonna show two unit stage with one sing What Is Love and one sing Yes or Yes. After that they will regroup and perform Dance the Night Away. The weather was cold but due to their fast movement, the coldness turned to sweat and heat. Everyone look exhausted but still manage to smile and threw some talks with each other.

Pinky manager soon delivered their water and pocari to help reduced the fatigue while the other manager distributed towels to dry their sweats. Not long after the girls still trying to catch up their breath, the manager leader came with ipad on his hand, and all the girls round up near him to start monitored their previous performance. They need to evaluate it because tomorrow they will perform the same thing in front of a bigger crowd so they need to prepare themselves better.

All of them focus on the screen that jihyo hold while some of them still whipping the sweat or drink their water.

 

“Whoa.. so pretty..” said Sana as they watched Nayeon, Jihyo, Mina, and Chaeyoung unit stage. But the girls just let that comment aside since it’s usual for sana to compliment all the girls beauty. After NaJiMichaeng stage finished, it continue to Jeongyeon, Momo, Sana, Dahyun, and Tzuyu unit stage where they performed Yes or Yes.

“Whoa.. tzuyu your voice is improving a lot.” Said Jihyo

“Right?? she really is amazing and pretty too..” Said Sana. not long after that, nayeon gave out another compliment. “Whoa.. you guys are really pretty here..”

“guys really we need to stop saying that.” said Jeongyeon

“But it’s true!” said Nayeon and Sana.

“Hey hey enough bickering and let’s focus on this okay.”

 

But then all their focus got distracted again as mina suddenly let out a sneeze. A relay of sneeze to be exact. She snooze two times, and after she rest for few second, she let out another two. This of course caught all the girls attention. Moreover they just realized how mina looked sweaty and pale now because Mina isn’t the type who sweat a lot and pale? It’s dahyun’s job.

 

“Mina you okay?” asked Jihyo as she paused the video and focused to her fellow member.

“I’m fine.. just the dust.” Said Mina while few time tried to sniff.

“You sure mina?” she let out a smile and gave them a nod. Try to assure them that she’s okay

 

Although actually, mina aware that her body started to feel strange right when she performed dance the night away. yes it was the last song but her body suddenly felt heavy and it’s frustrating since she feels like she didn’t give all her best. But thank god when she watched the record, she looked good and no mistakes at all.. But the pain that attacked all over her body from head to toe really makes her worry about herself. This is really not the time for her to be sick. Tomorrow they have to perform in gayo Daejeon, again. Few days after that, they have to attend gayo daejukchae and the following they, they have to go to Japan. It’s going to be such a hectic week and it’s totally not the time to be sick.

Mina tried her best to hypnotize herself that she’s okay. well she believes that our body will listen to what our brain says. If she can put a healthy mindset on her brain, she’ll be healthy like she wants. So yea.. earlier she lied to Jihyo and the others for the sake of hypnotizing herself.

 

After finished monitoring their performance, one by one they took turn to change their stage outfit into their casual clothes. since the changing room is small, only two people can enter it. so now the remaining girls were just lazing themselves and had some rest. The girls were scatter around the room. Some in makeup chair, some in sofas. The room is big enough as it has 5 make up chair and two sofa that facing each other. A really comfortable place for them to rest.

Mina the one who sat on the sofa. Since mainly the girls sat on the make up chair, she can have the whole sofa for her own and she decided to lay her body there. Mina still wearing her stage outfit, because she lost from playing rock-paper-scissor and end up making her on 8th place. The last pairing of course. Since her stage outfit is thin, it made her felt cold. She wanted to grab her padding to warm up a bit, but unfortunately, it located so far away from her.

Just when she wanted to stand, her body felt so weak and made her can’t even have strength to stand up and grab her padding. She knows that her hypnotize not working at all and she knows that her condition is getting worsen. Due to that she contemplated whether she should asked other member help to grab it or not because they’re now looked pretty occupied with their attempt to wash out the fatigue.. Meanwhile all the manager were out of the room probably busy having a small briefing for tomorrow preparations. So in the end, mina just laid herself back on the sofa, hoping that somehow coldness will went away from her body and maybe a short sleep can make her body feel better.

.

.

 

“Hey mina, wake up. Time to change your clothes.” Mina opened her eyes and there she saw Momo stood beside her, already in her casual clothes.

“Thank you for waking me up.” Mina said.

 

Just then, when she want to wake up, suddenly she felt dizzy. Her sight turned black for a second and it made her fell back to laying herself again. this of course made momo shocked and she start panicking.

 

“Oh god! Mina are you okay?” asked Momo

“I’m okay momo. I’m just sitting too fast.” Said Mina

“You look so pale and.. oh god! You got fever.. Guys mina is sick!”

 

What momo just said, grabbed all the girls attention. Everyone are here now and they quickly dropped everything they just did and run towards mina.

Soon mina was bombarded by tons of concern question regarding her conditions. Those question were actually let out in a really soft voice but somehow it made mina’s head hurt more. Her head buzzed very hard and it won’t stop. But since she didn’t want to trouble her friends, she decided to lie about her condition.

 

 “I just sat too fast and my head went blank for a second. No need to panic like that.”

“No she’s lying! Mina nearly collapsed and her body temperature is high. I’ll go grab something warm.”

“Wait momo you don’t ne—” Mina wanted to stand and stopped momo, but the strong dizziness in her head cut her talk. Seeing this, Jihyo then put her hand on mina’s neck and her forehead—to check her temperature.

 “Oh god she’s burning... Sana, quickly grab mina’s clothes and Jeongyeon help me bring her to the cubicle.” Said Jihyo and quickly the mentioned name followed what their leader told them to.

“I’ll follow Momo okay. Just make sure she won’t be to panic and maybe I’ll buy some fever patch.” After she got a nod from Jihyo, Nayeon ran outside the room and tried to catch up momo.

“Eonni, we want to help too.” said Tzuyu

“Umm.. Tzuyu, you grab some medicine in Mina’s bag, dahyun you go to manager and informed them about this and chae, please grab mina’s padding and dry towel.” Those three started scattering and do what they asked to.

“You guys need to stop.. I’m oka—“

“And you missy. Stop lying and come on. we have to change your clothes.”

 

There’s nothing mina can do now. her body felt so weak and she just let Jihyo and Jeongyeon assisted her to one of the cubicle. Sana and Chaeyoung soon followed them to one of the cubicle while bringing clothes, padding, and dry towel.

Once they arrived at the cubicle, jeongyeon and jihyo stopped for a moment as Mina suddenly asked them to stay outside.

 

“You guys no need to go inside. I can change by my own.” Said Mina

“Really? we can help tho.”

“no. it’s embarrassing..”

“well.. Eum wait for a second.” Jeongyeon ran to a near empty chair and put it inside the cubicle.

“There. You can change while sitting on that chair.”

“Isn’t it a little bit too much? I still can stand.” Said Mina

“Quit complaining.. just go inside and change.” Sana gave mina her clothes and also the dry towel that she snatched from Chaeyoung.

 


TWICE Dorm

Mina again was escorted by Jihyo and Jeongyeon out from the van towards their dorm. Momo the one who brought all mina’s belonging followed at the back while the rest of the girls lead the way. Once they went inside the dorm, they went straight to mina’s bed and laid her there.

Apparently after the short sleep during the ride from the venue to dorm, mina’s condition gotten worse and now her temperature went higher. Mina even can’t opened her eyes fully and her breath is so hot. Before leaving the room, Nayeon patched the fever patch on mina’s forehead and after mina already comfortable in her bed, all the girls went out from the room to let her sleep.

Outside the room, jihyo insisted a small urgent team meeting to talk about mina’s condition. She thinks it’s necessary since all their manager is still here.

 

“Eonni, oppa, I’m doing this meeting because I want to discuss about tomorrow. I really wish we can let mina stay here and don’t come to the show.” Said Jihyo

“I totally agree with jihyo. we still have plenty of schedule and I’m afraid if we pushed mina to perform tomorrow, it won’t be good for the remaining schedule.” Said Nayeon.

“We will try to find the solutions okay. but at least now let’s wait until tomorrow.”

“But oppa. Mina is sick like that because of the lack of rest. We’ve been on packed schedule since few weeks ago and can’t you see how she looks right now? she’s weak. she can’t even barely walk by her own. She’s burning and the only thing she needs now, is rest.“

“Momo, I know you and everyone here are worry over mina’s condition. But we need to talk about this with the broadcaster and others. We’ll see tomorrow okay?” None of them showed a satisfied respond as they frown and let out a sigh.  

“Now, all of you better have some sleep and let’s hope mina will be okay tomorrow.” Just like that the managers went out the dorm and left the girls in a complete disappointment.

 

“Why can’t they just let mina eonni rest? Either she’ll be better tomorrow or not, it’s clearly shows that mina eonni is exhausted and need rest.” Said Dahyun.

“Well you know how complicated this industry is eonni.. it can be that easy..” said Chaeyoung

“But aren’t we just pre-record the stage earlier? Why we have to perform again tomorrow? it’s weird.”

“Okay we need to drop this for now since it’s getting late. I know how frustrated we are right now but what’s important is, we need to go to our bed and catch some sleep.” Hearing jihyo’s instruction, all the girls again just sigh yet started to prepare to sleep.

.

.

The next day, TWICE Dorm

Its 10am now and Tzuyu, Jihyo, Jeongyeon, just chilling themselves in the living room. Jihyo were sitting on the massage chair, Tzuyu standing on a fat burning machine, while jeongyeon sat on the sofa munching a loaf of bread. Meanwhile, the rest of the girls still asleep in their room. since Gayo Daejeon start in evening, they only have to leave their dorm at 3 so they still have few time left to rest.

 

“Jeongyeon, could you check mina’s condition?” without complaining at Jihyo, Jeongyeon stood and went to the big room. But before she even put her feet inside it, she turned around and sat again on the sofa.

“Why you turned back?” asked Jihyo

“Momo is there.”

“I thought she still asleep?”

“So do I.. maybe she just awake.”

 

Just like what jeongyeon said, right now momo is in the big room, checking on Mina’s condition. At first she was just there and want to have a quick check and leave, but suddenly mina opened her eyes and that made her stay for few moments.

 

“Morning.” Greeted momo. but more like whispering since sana and nayeon still asleep.

With a small smile, mina then greeted her back. “Morning..”

“Have a good sleep?” asked Momo

“it was good. although I was disturbed by sana and nayeon eonni’s sleep talks.. but after that I still can catch a good sleep.”

“and how do you feel now?”

“Better than yesterday.” she said

 

Momo not quite convinced with mina’s statement so, she checked mina’s temperature by touching her neck and forehead, and glad that her fever went down a bit. Thanks to Nayeon who bought fever patch last night because of it, Mina’s fever went down.

 

“No more headache?” Mina let out a smile and shook her head

“You sure?”

“Yes momorin..”

“okay.. em.. what do you want for breakfast? Porridge? Toast? Soup?”

“No need momo. I’m not that hungry.”

“But you have to eat something mina.”

“And leaving you in the kitchen? Nope.”

“Come on.. Jihyo, jeongyeon already up.. they can help me.”

“Okay fine.. a soup will do.” momo then let out a wide smile after hearing that

“Sit tight okay. I’m going to make the most delicious soup you’ll ever taste.” Momo was just about to leave the room, until she decided to went back to mina’s bed and squatted down again.

 

“What’s wrong eonni?” Momo gave mina a tight hug and wishpered,

“Merry Christmas, mitan.” This sweet thing that momo just did made mina giggled and smiled happily

“Merry Christmas too momorin.” After that momo left the room.

 

After momo went out, mina wanted to go to bathroom and do her morning routine. Plus her body drenched with sweat and she needs to clean everything. But once mina tried to wake up from laying herself into sitting position, her head felt heavy and somehow every inch of her body is in pain. She’s sure her body temperature already cooled down.. but don’t know why she still not that well. She still feel weak and this is totally not a good sign for her. she’s definetally not getting better.

Although her head buzzed painfully, she still forced herself to stand up and slowly walked to the dress room and picked clothes for her. after that she walked slowly to the bathroom to begin her clean up. She’s lucky the other girls who already woke up were in kitchen now since they are scared that Momo would create a mess in there.

Once she got into the bathroom, suddenly the dizziness attacked her and made her lost her balance. And it made her nearly fell but thank god she still can supported herself on the sink. But the unfortunate thing is, she accidentally nudged few bath utilites that stood on the sink and created a rucus.

 

*Thud* *Thud*

 

“oh god…” mumbled her as her trying to get rid the dizziness inside her head. but then she heard hurried steps running towards the door and few moments later she heard a rapid knock.

 

*Knock knock knock knock*

 

“Mina is that you?” she could hear that it was Momo who knocked

“Yes it’s me.. I’m okay.. I just accidentally nudged the bottles.”

“You sure you’re okay?”

“Yes momo..”

“Okay.. be careful..” and then Momo went away.

 

Mina let out a sigh, glad that momo believed her. She had to lie.. she didn’t want to worry or disappoint anyone. being sick equals not able to perform, not able to perform equals disappointing all the fans, staff, and the members.. Moreover, knowing the reason that she not able to perform is due to her health condition, of course will make everyone worry.. so the only thing that passed on Mina’s mind, is hide it. hide the fact that she’s not feeling well and try to perform like usual.

 

“You’ll be fine mina.. you’re okay. you just need something to eat and some medicine.” And after that mina the faucet on, began her morning routine.


Gocheok Sky Dome, 18.30 PM

“Please start changing your costume. We’re going to start the opening in 30 minutes.” Said one of the staff as soon as the girls just went back from the red carpet.

 

Everyone seems okay, they could move here and there freely. But not mina. she tried to keep up with everyone’s pace but somehow the pain on her body got worsen. Her headache got severer, is burning and her entire body is sore. Her shoulder, her tights, her back.. everything is painful. Then again, mina tried to hide it from everyone.

Due to her slow pace, she ended up as the last member to finish changing clothes and that’s also made all the member noticed her conditions. The way she waddle, was different with the usual penguin waddle. It’s more weak and slower than usual. Seeing this, the eonni line started walking towards her and checked her condition.

 

“You okay there?” asked Nayeon and mina just gave her a nod

“But you don’t look like you are..” said Jeongyeon

“Mina if you’re feeling unwell, we can ask manager eonni oppa to take you back to the dorm and rest. You don’t need to push yourself.” Said Sana

“She’s right mina. don’t push yourself just because you don’t want to disappoint anyone.” said momo

“I’ll be fine.. you guys no need to worry.”

“ah this won’t work.. Jihyo-ya. Come here.” soon as Momo called her, jihyo went near them.

“Mina is hiding the fact that she still feel unwell.” Said Momo

“Really? you said you felt better.”

“Obviously it was a lie jihyo..” hearing Nayeon said that, Jihyo put her palm on mina’s neck and forehead to check her temperature and that gesture made Mina let out a whine

 

“Aaah.. you guys are being worry-wart.. I’m okay.”

“No you’re not. Mina.. you’re burning. Again.”

“I’m not..” whine mina.

“but you a—“

“TWICE please stand by on the stage entrance.” As one of the staff suddenly said that, it cut the conversation and all of them whether they like it or not, need to drop the conversation.

“Let’s talk about this later okay. we need to go to the stage entrance now. come on girls!” as soon as jihyo said that, all the members started walking out from the room.

 

Just when Mina wanted to stand from her seat, again, she nearly lost her balance due to dizziness but thank god someone stood beside her and support her body.

 

 “Just hold me tight okay?”

“Thank you.. momorin.”

.

.

While they stood on the stage entrance waiting for the mc to call their name, Mina can feel the dizziness inside her head got worsen and world started spinning around her. she knows she can’t perform with her current condition and the other girls won’t allow her to perform either. Knowing this made mina hung her head low as suddenly sadness filled her and she in urge to cry. Totally disappointed with her condition.

 

“Mina, please be honest with me. are you okay?” there’s a long pause after Momo asked that. Mina can’t immediately answer it since she’s trying to in her tears back.

“Miiitan?” hearing momo sweetly called her name again, made her shook her head, finally give in and stop lying about her pain.

“when we walked into the stage, you just hold my arm tight okay?”

“What if the fans see me and they worried?”

“We’ll try to cover you mina. don’t worry okay?” Mina then weakly nod.

 

Without Mina could see, Momo gave sign to all the members that mina indeed wasn’t feeling well. Seems like they already made a plan, once the staff asked them to walk into the stage, the girls started walking in front of mina and momo walked on Mina’s right side to block camera view. When they reached their standing spot, the rest of the member stood in front of mina and blocked mina from camera view plus the audiences that stood in front of the stage. Momo who was stood beside mina, slowly help her walked towards the place and once they arrived, she never let go her hand.

Jihyo stood beside mina and she could see tears swelling on mina’s eyes. few times she hit her tights and that made jihyo decided to ask her

 

“Tell me mina, what are you feeling right now?” at first mina didn’t want to tell her, but momo wishpered her some assurance words, and she spilled everything out.

“my body feel sore.. my back mostly..” hearing that, Jihyo tried to massage mina’s back and also gave a circulate motion—tried to warm her and also calm her.

“Just your back?”

“My tights, my shoulder.. my throat and head is so painful..”

“Your throat too? it hurts if you sing right?” mina then nod her head.

“Hear me okay mina. I’ll talk to the manager that you can’t perform today. Whether they like it or not you mustn’t perform today. It’s better for you to rest because we have a really hectic schedule these days. Okay?”

 

Although mina wanted to decline it but due to the pain, mina just nod. Momo and jihyo tried to give comfort to mina by caressing her back and arms. Jeongyeon also once turned around and held Mina’s hand, showing her a support.

 

Thank god the opening was quite fast, the girls now went back to their waiting room and waited for their time to perform. Soon after they went inside the room, mina hugged momo and burst her tears out in momo’s arms.

 

“Ssh.. it’s okay.. maybe we won’t perform with full members, but the audience who watch in TV could see the pre-record. Don’t worry mina.”

“I’m sorry..”

“No need to apologize. The only thing you have to do, is once the manager allow you to go back to dorm, you need to sleep right away okay?” Mina didn’t answer again as she still sobbing under momo’s hug

“aw.. poor thing.. it’s okay mina you don’t need to be that sad..” said Sana as she rubbed mina’s back, hope it’ll calmed her.

 

Soon, jihyo went back with one of the manager and after mina change her clothes, she went back to the dorm and rest.


TWICE DORM 00.10 AM

It’s already midnight and all the girls were asleep now. their performance in gayo daejun was a success. All the fans loving their performance and cheer for them loudly although there were only 8 members who performed on the stage.

When the staff announced mina’s absence due to health problems, everyone started to worry and sends prays for her. Mina hasn’t checked it of course since once she arrived at the dorm, she slept immediately.

The dorm was silent. Everyone already asleep and the lights been turned off, just left few lights on the living room that purposely left on. But there’s one person who can’t sleep at all. She tried to close her eyes and even counted thousands of sheep, but still… she can’t sleep.

Maybe because she’s too worry over mina’s condition so it made her stay awake. The girl is momo. she laid on her back, eyes on the ceiling and somehow she can’t erased mina’s weak figure out of her mind. Today, her focus on mina. well.. actually momo always focus on her everyday since she secretly has a crush on her. But today, it’s different. Mina is sick and momo knows one of mina’s bad habit which is trying not to disappoint anyone.

The moment when Momo heard mina fell in the bathroom earlier at morning, she knew mina’s condition not getting better and although mina tried so hard to hide it, she still can see it. It’s quite obvious for her. Mina usually play her phone when they are in waiting room. But earlier, she never her phone and just sleep. she always bundled with blanket and continuously asked the manager for extra hot pack.

The worried keep wondering inside her head and it made her can’t sleep at all.. She wanted to ask jeongyeon for advice, but the latter was peacefully asleep beside her and waking jeongyeon in the middle of the night is a big no no..

 

*cough* *cough*

 

Momo could hear mina’s coughing from the room next door. Since she’s worried, she then decided to get out from bed, went to the kitchen to grab some water and went to mina’s room. Momo went in slowly as she didn’t want to wake Nayeon, Jihyo, Sana, and Mina who already asleep. Once she arrived beside mina’s bed, she put down the glass on mina’s nightstand and then she squatted down. Momo observing mina’s heavy breath, probably due to stuffy nose and when momo putted her finger near mina’s nose, she can feel mina’s hot breath.

Worries start piling again inside her and now she seems can’t leave mina. the frowned on her forehead and also Mina started shivered under the blanket made momo more and more worried. in the end, momo decided to sneak inside mina’s blanket and sleep with her.

As a light sleeper, Mina awoke by the sudden move near her. she was startled but then quickly calmed down as she smelled a familiar fruity scent and she felt warmer as the person wrapped her arm on her.

 

“Momorin?” Momo let out a hum after mina called her.

“Why are you here?”

“I’m worried and I can’t sleep.. just let me sleep here with you.” said Momo

 “But you’ll get infected by me if you sleep here.”

“Relax mitan..i’ll be okay.” feeling a little bit assured by what momo just said, Mina then turned herself facing momo and returned her hug.

“Warm enough?” asked momo. Mina then snuggled deeper into momo’s neck and nod

“Yes.. thanks to you.”

“glad to hear that.”

 

Silence filled the room after that. Momo can felt mina’s hot breath on her neck and sometimes she’ll accidentally coughed. Momo then let go her hug for a moment and let mina drink the water that she just brought for her. after she drank it, they went back hugging and momo made a circulate motion on mina’s back, trying to give her more comfort.

 

“Momorin..”

“hm?”

“Did I make everyone worried?”

“of course. but you don’t have to feel guilty upon it. they blamed the company for not letting us rest.”

“that’s made me feel more guilty..”

“don’t.. They didn’t give us rest and look at you now. you don’t need to feel guilty okay?” mina then nod under momo’s hug.

“Did everything went well?”

“Yup. Like usual. Now now.. you need to sleep again okay.” silence then filled them. Momo tried to close her eyes. hugging mina always gave her comfort and although mina felt a lot more hotter than usual, her jasmine scent will always be the one that comfort her the most.

 

“Momorin?”

“Mina you need to sleep..”

“I know.. but can I asked another thing?’

“sure..”

“Will you stay here until morning?”

“of course. I will always stay by your side mina.”

“Thank you momorin… oyasumi..” Momo then suddenly gave mina a small peck on the crown of her head and said,

“Rest well, Mitan..”



Author's Note:

Heyho~~

how was it guys? kekeke~
tbh i kinda forgot about how the moment were actually happend and i'm aware that im  at non au story *bows*
welp i hope you guys love it tho.. and sorry if it dissapointing :D


and oh.. should i make momo's version? i mean when momo sick.. 
im bad at non au story but if you guys want to, then.. i'll make it hehehe~
Just leave your thoughts below! 





kamsahamnida~