-finish-

A Glass of Warm Water
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mina POV

Her black dress touch the legs of the table, then touch my feet. She make up on purpose. Make me a little bit shy because I just wore a pair of jeans and white shirt and also my jeans jacket. And don't forget my fever. 

"You don't know how important tonight," Nayeon unnie says while giggling. Perhaps she feel exaggerate, because when she said on the phone, she said that we just have a dinner and she would tell her story. 

A bottle of Jacob's Creek Semillon Chardonnay with ice in it being transferred to our table. I'm straighten my seat. Perhaps tonight it's a important night, like she said. 

That wine is six years old. Her dress also very special, its only being used by her once in a year. And this restaurant being choose by her on her birthday and her first time falling in love, four years ago. 

"Is there anything special? Beside you just recovery from your ill, and now I have a fever?" I asked to her. 

"Tonight I'm being born again. A new me."

"You're... repent?"

"Perhaps that's a term!" She laughing, then she catch her breath, "I'm... done."

I'm frowning. Waiting for an explanation. 

"Done. Everything is done. Five years is enough. I'm stop waiting. Stop hoping. Cheers!" She says while she clink our glass. 

I got goosebump, perhaps because my fever, or because the air conditioner in this room. The piano sounds perfect in my ears. She is too pretty when she said her pledge. 

"Why?" I ask, and I know that she already prepared for this. For that question she do her make up, use her best dress, and choose this place. 

Please don't be offense if I say that I know what happen later. Firstly, there will be a bold pause at least for three minutes, where I'll place my hand inside my pocket while looking to her gladly, and she will just looking nowhere, and all the memories will come to her right in the moment. Her lips talk abou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter