Final

one and only
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Junhoe exuded ual energy and confidence, Chanwoo had seen it. He’d watched him on stage bare his heart and his skin for the world to see. The maknae had been witness too the cocky smirk that graced his lips when the fans would scream his name. Junhoe loved it. Junhoe was someone with lots of insecurities and fears, Chanwoo had seen it. He’d been with Junhoe in the gym, tired and complaining that he wanted to go home and that the elder should just give it a rest for the night. He’d heard the elder’s scoff through his panting. Chanwoo had no idea why Junhoe couldn’t go easier on himself. Then Chanwoo would see the way he would react to someone saying anything critical to him, saying he was wrong. Junhoe was quick to close himself off - whereas Chanwoo was never open - and shut down the conversation. Turn his attention to anything else. Chanwoo had seen it. Chanwoo still loved both sides of him.

 

It was absolutely exhausting to be them, like all idols they had insane schedules and sensitive hearts. The lack of sleep and overexertion was enough to make even the strongest of people weak. To make them break down into huge, wet tears. Chanwoo had seen it.

 

He always saw Junhoe, even when the other thought no one was looking. Chanwoo would see the way he would turn his gaze downcast, lips in a pout when he didn’t feel like talking. It happened from time to time and the youngest member would keep track of it, like a tally in his head.

 

Their show had been incredible, their debut in Japan was another way to reach out to fans and to make new ones. Chanwoo’s entire body buzzed as the group all made their way back stage. Chanwoo watched Junhoe shed June like a second skin and his tired eyes and soft lips almost made the youngest member stumble. Thankfully Jinhwan had his arm securely around the younger’s shoulders holding him upright.

 

The group wasted no time going back to the hotel, their managers had all corralled them into the van like cattle for which Chanwoo was grateful. All he had wanted to do for the rest of the night was lay in a borrowed bed and try not to cry. 

 

His life was everything he had hoped for and it overwhelmed him. Sure he was constantly tired and hungry but he could push through it because he knew one day he would have nothing to do but rest. 

 

His gaze flickered to Junhoe as they walked through the hotel lobby and he wondered if that’s how he felt. Push yourself to the limit while you can. Jiwon and Donghyuk had announced loudly they they were going to the hotel’s spa and Jinhwan nearly backhanded the both of them for the volume. “Take it down a few notches, kids.” Jinhwan was the best when he was being condescending.

 

Chanwoo smirked as the two got scolded before he watched Junhoe head for the elevators silently. He didn’t even look back to see if the other’s followed. Yunhyeong obviously watched as well and he shot Changkyun a knowing look. That hyung was far too perceptive. The youngest turned to Jinhwan who wore the same expression and smiled kindly at the maknae.

 

Yunhyeong wrapped an arm around Jinhwan’s shoulders and mumbled something about going to the hotel’s restaurant before he nodded towards Junhoe, a signal for Chanwoo to follow him. The youngest member simply smiled and nodded before he jogged across the lobby to meet Junhoe’s strides.

 

“Junhoe-ah.” Chanwoo had whispered then as he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter