Final

Testing boundaries

And then all of a sudden, in the heat of their squabbling about how one is supposed to play shooter games, Chanyeol’s lips are on Baekhyun’s. Of course Chanyeol wouldn’t have been able to win the argument, but the split-second lip contact was not what Baekhyun expected. For a moment, Baekhyun is baffled into silence and the smug look on Chanyeol’s face – as if he had won the argument – makes him want to verify what just happened. Chanyeol has already stepped back again, so quickly that it seems like nothing even happened.

“Did you just–” Silenced a second time.

“I shut you up with a kiss,” Chanyeol interrupts, victorious smile present on his face with an eyebrow drawn up in what seems most like a challenge. When Baekhyun’s own lips curl up into a questioning smile, though, Chanyeol doesn’t seem so confident anymore.

“That’s what you’d call a kiss?” he asks, stepping a little closer again and invading Chanyeol’s personal space. It’s something his taller friend usually doesn’t like so much, he shies away from close contact more often than not. But only about a minute prior, Chanyeol had made the first move himself, giving Baekhyun more than enough confidence to take up the challenge.

It’s fun, to be quite fair, to watch Chanyeol’s eyes flit between his own, looking a little nervous with the tiny smile playing on his plump lips. It’s really his own fault anyway, this time. It’s fun to notice how Chanyeol tries stepping back more, but the wall has him trapped and some silly part of Baekhyun’s mind makes him want to reach out and touch the other man’s cheek. He holds that back, but the sputtering of Chanyeol’s unidentified answer makes him chuckle.

“Well it wasn’t a kiss,” Baekhyun just tells him and the air seems to thicken because his voice came out softer than he wanted. And he may have been looking at Chanyeol’s lips while saying that, seeing his friend’s tongue poke out to wet them shortly.

“Then what’s your definition of a kiss?” Chanyeol whispers because they’re close enough anyway, there’s no need to speak up more loudly. Baekhyun easily picks up on his quickening heartbeat when he gets more and more drawn to the idea of actually kissing Chanyeol – his best friend. He takes another step closer, his hand quietly cupping Chanyeol’s jaw when he speaks up again, looking his friend in the eyes and noticing how Chanyeol seems more at ease than he was before.

“Should I tell you? Or show you?” Baekhyun asks, voice equally low while his eyes keep getting drawn to those soft lips right in front of him.

“How about you tell me first?” Chanyeol suggests, but Baekhyun chuckles at that answer, seeing an obvious blush working up his friend’s cheeks.

“Then what’s that hand doing, creeping up on my ?” he teases, but to his discontent, Chanyeol embarrassedly takes his hand away. “I didn’t say it’s not okay,” he mutters with a smile, realizing that Chanyeol always complies to what he says in some way or another. Even after winning arguments.

And just like that, Baekhyun tiptoes to take Chanyeol’s lower lip between his own, to press a kiss against the soft skin. He hears Chanyeol’s sharp intake of breath, feels how his hand is back on his , while the other one rests at the nape of his neck. He kisses with a bit more pressure, his hand now running through Chanyeol’s thick, but soft strands of hair. Baekhyun feels more than a little content when Chanyeol kisses him back, holding him close to himself as if it’s something he’s always wanted to do. To be fair, it’s something Baekhyun has wanted for a while.

Nevertheless, after a few short minutes of kissing, Baekhyun lets go of the addicting feeling and steps away slightly before he opens his eyes again. He’s a tiny bit out of breath and he sees he’s not the only one. Chanyeol’s cheeks are rosy and just seeing it, brings a smile to Baekhyun’s face.

“Well that’s what I’d call a kiss, but what do I know, right,” he says sheepishly, trying to find confirmation in Chanyeol’s eyes that he didn’t mind what just happened, but he’s not a mind-reader and it’s a little nerve-wracking. The silence drags on for a little longer, but Chanyeol smiles eventually.

“How about we do this instead of talking about that stupid game?” he suggests and Baekhyun can’t not pretend to be offended. So hiding a smile, he answers.

“It’s not a stupid game, you stupid. Do you know how much focus you need for it? Or how you have to–”

This time, there’s no hesitant peck on Baekhyun’s lips. This time, they kiss in between giggles, while their hands explore more than they probably initially planned and eventually, they end up on the couch. Baekhyun comfortably sits on Chanyeol’s lap, somewhere he’d really never imagined he’d end up.

“I was just joking,” he says, a soft smile on his lips, “just testing you.” Chanyeol laughs to that.

“Did you really think I didn’t notice?”

 

--

So, that was it ^^ Thank you so much for reading <3