Final

Rescue Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Is she still staring at me?” 

“Yeah. Her eyes are full of love right now.” Eunbi giggles.

Sakura groans. Sakura and Eunbi currently at the cafe waiting for their next class. Sakura can feel that someone has been staring at her ever since she enters the cafe. It makes her feel very uncomfortable.

Sakura glances at the girl and quickly look away after she locks her eyes with that girl. 

Hyewon. Kang Hyewon. She’s always alone and has no friends. Even though she’s beautiful but because of her awkwardness and she love to stay alone, there are always people who love to bully her.

She never fights back and only stares at them. She just stays silent and never listen to what those bully make her do. She just didn’t care about them. That’s what makes them angrier and sometimes will hit her. And yet, she just let them beat her. 

One day, Sakura is on her way to the next class and she sees a group of people try to hit Hyewon while the girl already kneels down on the floor. Sakura rushed to other girl side and protect her. 

Sakura is not on the mood that day but knows she needs to help the poor girl from the group. While glared at the group, she took a quick glance at the girl to check if she was okay. 

“If you ever lay your hand on this girl, you will not what is tomorrow looks like.” Sakura gives a harsh look to those bullies. 

Those bullies quickly ran away when they saw who stopped them. It’s Sakura for sake, nobody wants to piss off the girl or you die.

Sakura sighed and look at the poor girl. The girl still in dazed at the floor. 

“Hey. Are you okay? They already left you’re okay now.” Sakura tells the girl. She can see the name tag on the shirt “Hyewon”.

Sakura takes the girl to pull her to stand up and help to brush off the dust from Hyewon’s skirt. Hyewon still remains silent and make Sakura irritated with the situation.

“If you’re not gonna talk, then I’m going. Make sure they don’t bully you anymore.” Sakura turns around to go to her class but Hyewon stopped her.

“Thank you. I really appreciate it.” Hyewon whispers and kisses her cheeks. She then takes her things on the floor and makes her way to her destination. Sakura speechless with the surprise kisses she received.

What was that for? 

 

 

After the incident, Sakura always found Hyewon staring at her whenever they see each other. Hyewon didn’t even approach Sakura nor smile at her but the girl always seems to stare at her. 

“What the hell she want anyway? I don’t like her.” Sakura rolls her eyes.

“Ouch. You don’t have to be so cruel Sakura. Maybe she just admiring you.” Eunbi shakes her head.

“I will if she stop being creepy for staring at me every day. I feel so uncomfortable ya know.” 

“Well, maybe she just thankful when you saved her the other day. But I do agree with you, it’s a bit uncomfortable when someone staring at you without doing anything.” Eunbi rubs her chin, thinking.

“How about you approach her? Maybe she’s just shy?” 

“Hell no. I don’t want to add more weirdo in my circles. Ouch! What’s was that for?!”

“You dare calling me weirdo when you’re the one who freaking weird more than me!” Eunbi yelled at Sakura.

“Shhhhhh! Can you ing slow down your voice? It’s so ing loud you ! You and your loud voice always make me embarrassed.” Sakura glared at Eunbi and the girl just shrugged.

“Serve you right. Anyway back to the topic, just go to her and tell that you feel uncomfortable with those stares. But be nice. Don’t be rude to the girl that you just saved from those stupid people.” 

Sakura tells Eunbi about how she saved Hyewon from those bullies. But she didn’t tell about Hyewon kiss her on the cheek. Eunbi will clown and make fun of her for the rest of their life.

“Fine but not now. I feel like I’ll definitely yell at her if I go to her right now.” Sakura said.

“Yeah cool. As long as you didn’t do something stupid.” Eunbi looks at her watch.

“Hey let’s go. Our next class is about to start.” 

Both of them stand up and ready to leave the cafe. Sakura glances for the last time at Hyewon and found Hyewon still staring at her. She’s about to look away when suddenly Hyewon give her a small smile that makes Sakura’s brain stop functioning. Hyewon then looks down on her food and eat it while the damn smile already vanished from her face.

Her smile...

Sakura can feel her heart beating fast when she sees Hyewon’s smile just now. She clenches her clothes chest to make the beats stop but no avail.

 

 

Two days later.

 

Sakura is in the class but her mind is not in there. Her mind only thinks about a certain girl who makes her heart beats fast. 

That girl is so mysterious. She’s always alone and never speak to anyone unless it’s important. She never smiles at anyone but why she smiles at me the other day?

Sakura groans as her head suddenly hurt for thinking too much. The teacher stop the lectures for a while when she heard the sound from Sakura.

“Are you okay Miyawaki?” The teacher asked.

“Don’t mind me. Just do your ing job.” Sakura glared at the teacher and makes him continue the lecture. He doesn’t want to piss off the girl or he’s doom. 

Why everyone seems afraid to Sakura because of her family’s reputation. Sakura’s father is one of the most influential people in Korea Japan and very rich. Same with Eunbi.

You make her mad then you can say goodbye to your world. She’s very cold and never interested to talk to other people unless you’re Eunbi. Eunbi is the only friend she has and trusted. 

Sakura is rebellious but she still attends to her class because Eunbi will always drag and force her. She has no other choice since Eunbi will smack and blackmailed her if she didn’t go to the class. 

Sooooooooooo should I go confront that girl? What’s her name again? Ah it’s Hyewon isn’t it? 

Sakura remembers Hyewon’s smile and she can feel her cheek flush. Sakura quickly shrug the feeling, she feels weird since nobody can make her heart like that before this. 

After the class has done, Sakura quickly makes her way to the rooftop since she doesn’t really feel to back home early. It’s like her secret escape when she needs it. Only Eunbi knew where she will be going if she not going back yet.

She’s about to open the door of the rooftop and she can hear someone screaming in pain. She then enters the rooftop and looks after the sources of voice. The scene in front of her eyes really makes her heart boil.

She can see those bullies the other day are beating Hyewon and the girl is on the floor receiving kicks from the group.

“YAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!” Sakura screams hard and her face really red because of the anger.

The group stops and take a glance at the girl who has the courage to stop them. They’re about to give the lesson to the girl who interrupts their playtime. But their face immediately becomes scared when they realize who is she. 

“Release her you !” Sakura makes her way to Hyewon who still laying on the floor. They quickly release Hyewon and on their knees.

“Please spare us Miyawaki shi! We promise we will never bully her again! Please forgive us!” They’re begging Sakura but the girl already makes her mind after she saw Hyewon’s condition.

“I already warned you before this but you guys still ing bullying her! Look, get the hell out of this campus and never show your face in front of me ever again.” Sakura gritted her teeth to calm her anger.

“If you don’t exit from this campus in 3 minutes starting from now, say goodbye to your life. Start.” Sakura glance at her watch. Those bullies quickly make their way to exit from the campus as fast as they can.

“Hyewon?” Sakura checks on the girl condition but she can see that Hyewon is unconscious. Sakura sigh and make a call while her hand caresses the unconscious girl hair. The other line greets her as soon as he answers the call.

“Stevie. You will see five s running out of the building and stop them. Take them and do whatever you want. Make them suffer for 5 days and make sure they will remember to not ing bully my girl.” Sakura said with a very calm tone but Stevie know, she wants him to torture them until they cannot take it anymore.

“And bring a car in front of my faculty. Now.”

“Alright, Miss Sakura.” Sakura takes off her phone and looks at Hyewon. Her heartache when she sees Hyewon’s condition. She gently carries Hyewon on her arm and makes her way to the car.

Poor you. I don’t know why they bully you but I will protect you from now on. I will make sure nobody will touch and bully you anymore.

 

 

“Urghhh..” Hyewon finally awake and her head starting to hurt. She held her head and found that she’s an unfamiliar place. 

Where am I? 

She looks around the room and still didn’t know where she is. She then checks her body and found that her arms are bandaged. She tries to remember what happened to her before this. 

Ahh, they beat me again. 

On a cue, Sakura enters the room slowly to not bothering Hyewon but she found that the injured girl already awake. 

“Hey. Are you okay?” Sakura greets Hyewon as the girl awake from her daydreaming. Hyewon shock with the face in front of her. 

Sakura? Why is she here?

Sakura can see Hyewon is shocked and probably didn’t remember what the hell is going. 

“Umm, I saved you again from those s. You've fainted and I didn’t know your house location so I decided to bring you to my home.” Sakura stated. 

Hyewon still in a daze with the information she just receives. Did she just save me?

“And don’t worry. You will never see them after this. Nobody will bully you ever again.” 

“Why?” Hyewon suddenly asked.

“Huh?” 

“Why did you saved me?” Hyewon stared at the girl. Both of them having a staring contest.

“Just tell me.” Hyewon is curious, Sakura can guess.

“I hate to see you hurt,” Sakura tells Hyewon.

Hyewon raises her eyebrows with Sakura revelation, curious.

“But you didn’t even know me. Heck, you didn’t even care about me. So why you don’t want to see me hurt?” Hyewon question Sakura’s action.

Never in Sakura’s life, she feels so hard to answer the question that throws to her. She knows why but she didn’t want to admit it, yet. She slowly falling in love with this girl after she saw her smile the other day. 

“I just don’t like to see people hurt you. Yes, I didn’t notice you before this but after I saved you, now I know your presence. And why the hell you want to know so bad?!” Sakura feels pressure with those questions.

“That’s strange. Miyawaki Sakura just concern about me, seriously? I know your reputation Sakura. You never care about other people other than yourself and Eunbi. That’s why I’m curious why you saved me, two times.” Hyewon calmly explain. Sakura can’t take it anymore.

“Let’s just say, you make me curious. You’re the one who kissed me on the cheek before this and you always stared at me whenever I see you. And you also just ing smile at me when I never see you smile to other people!” Sakura explode.

“So that’s the reason why you saved me at the rooftop? Because you’re curious?” 

Didn’t know that this freaking girl will torture me with her questions! 

“Urghhh no. I just want to take a rest at the rooftop and then I found out those trash are having fun beats you. As a human being, of course, I will save you. And I hate them so much!” 

Because they’re hurting you. 

“I see.” Hyewon stared at her bandaged hands.

“Thank you.” Hyewon whispers. Sakura a bit shock with the sudden situation.

“Nobody willing to help me before this. Just because I’m a quiet girl doesn’t mean I don’t have a feeling. You’re the first one help me without me asking for help. So thank you for saving me twice.” Hyewon then looks at Sakura to convey her thankfulness.

“I— well i...uhh you’re welcome Hyewon.” Sakura suddenly brain is not functioning well after she sees Hyewon’s innocent yet clear eyes. 

“Please seat here. It’s your house anyway.” Hyewon pats the bed and signals Sakura to seat there.

“So just wanna know why you kissed me and always stared at me? You make me curious though.” Sakura takes a seat beside Hyewon who just looking bored at her.

“Hm. Just because. I kiss you to show you some gratitude for saving me? And I stared you because you’re cute.” Sakura can feel her face red as a tomato with Hyewon’s bluntness.

“Ah, and I smile at you since you seem curious about me soooooooo that’s why. Yeah, I’ll never smile to other people but you’re exceptional.” Hyewon smiles softly at Sakura.

That smile is sooooooooo illegal to my heart. You should be in jail Hyewon for ing make my heart race right now!

“Wh—how you... I mean why...argh darn it Hyewon!” Sakura stutters so much because she’s speechless with Hyewon’s answer. Hyewon laughs at Sakura curse. It makes Sakura more fascinate and she feel her heart really is a mess right now.

Her laugh surprisingly feels like a piece of calm music to my ears. This is the first time I see her smile and laugh and she looks so adorable.

“I will protect you Hyewon.” Sakura suddenly speaks staring seriously at Hyewon.

“What?” Hyewon confuse.

“I will protect you. You don’t have to be alone anymore. I want to protect you more after I see your precious smile and laugh. I need to see this often so you need to be beside me from now on together with Eunbi.” Sakura makes her mind and she will force Hyewon to join her and Eunbi.

“And I don’t take no as an answer.” 

 

 

It’s been two months after the incident. Hyewon’s life starts to change after she befriends with Sakura and Eunbi. No one dares to bully her anymore and people wonder how this lonely girl can befriend with the most powerful and intimidating girls in the university, Sakura and Eunbi.

Hyewon still the same as before, a quiet girl who didn’t bother to talk or smile to other people except if you’re Sakura. Well sometimes for Eunbi. They just match with each other since three of them really has a resting on their face. People called them “Icy Princess Trio” for a reason.

“Yah Hyewon. Give me a bit too. Why the hell you only give to Sakura?” Eunbi complains after she sees Hyewon give kimbap to Sakura but not to her.

Hyewon just stared at Eunbi and look at her portion of foods. She counts the left kimbap and decides to give to Eunbi. “Here, you can take it.” 

Eunbi beamed at Hyewon before she devours the kimbap. “Goshhhh! This taste is so heaven. No wonder Sakura always glared at me when I want one. Stingy!” Sakura pushes Eunbi and the girl almost fell from the chair.

“Okay, that’s it! You want a war!” Sakura and Eunbi start to fight and Hyewon just looking at them, amused.

Right now they’re in the park near their campus after they finish their class. Sakura and Eunbi still have one class to attend but Hyewon already finishes her class for today. But both of the girls whine at her to make her stay a little bit and it makes her happy. 

Sakura and Eunbi are a bunches of weird kids and crackhead. Hyewon at first she can’t believe that both of them are not as scary as what people thought. It’s just they don’t trust people easily and didn’t bother to make friends. Just like her.

They’re good people. I guess I can trust them. 

Hyewon chuckle after she sees Eunbi and Sakura pushes each other to make them fall from the chair. Eunbi stopped and gasped at the scene.

“You’re laughing!” 

“So I can’t laugh?” Hyewon smile.

“No! This is the first time I saw you laugh! Right, Sakura?!” Eunbi asked.

“Sorry, but I already saw her laughed before this. Right, Hyewon?” Sakura smirked. And I’m ing whipped to hear that laugh again. 

“Yeah.” Hyewon cupped from laugh out loud because of Eunbi’s betray face. 

“What? That’s not fair! How come I didn’t know this!” Eunbi continues to express her complaint. 

Hyewon takes Sakura’s hand beside her and gently hold it. Sakura eyes wide open with that skinship but just let the girl hold the girl. Hyewon happy when Sakura didn’t push her away and they continue to listen to Eunbi’s complaint, with smile portray on their face. 

I think I like her, no, I love her. 

Sakura smile after she realized her feeling towards Hyewon. She looks at her hand and Hyewon’s hand and she can feel her heart really happy. It looks perfect.

“Guys. I wanna tell you something.” Hyewon suddenly talks with a serious look on her.

Sakura and Eunbi stare with each other and signal Hyewon to continue. 

“What is it Hyewon? Did someone try to mess with you again?” Sakura and Eunbi ready to beat whoever bullying Hyewon again.

“Ah no no. Nobody bul

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter