Don't tell Dahyun! (Tzuyu)

The Fourth Era

1296 quick words to get a jump into this new present-day world (AU time)

to help organize this when it turns into a mess, i'm going to put the member who the chapter is mostly about in the title.

also, pro tip from your friendly islandonce, listening to September on repeat is what makes someone a good person. 
10/10 would recommend.

 

~ ~ ~

 

 

"You know what this means... don't you," Momo's serious voice wiped the smiles off of everyone's faces.
 

"It's time for the fight of the species... Dragons verse Humans.”

 

“Woah Woah, let’s be inclusive here miss Archmage. Don’t forget the Elves, the Orcs, the Kahjit, the Argonians-“

 

“Okay, I’m sorry Dahyun I’ll try to be more inclusive when speaking about the end of the world.” Momo limped over to the small thief and gave her a light smack across the head. 

 

Said small thief pouted with her arms crossed but didn’t move to argue anymore. The group of six stood out in the snowfall next to the freshly absorbed dragon. Speaking of the freshly absorbed dragon, Tzuyu still couldn’t believe that she was, in fact, the Dragonborn. The exact person who she had been researching for the past week. She could feel all the dragon's ancient magical power flowing through her. It was new and strange and something she would have to get used to. If someone had walked up to her while she was still at the Bards College and told her she was a human with the power of a dragon, she would have thought they were a Skooma addict. 

 

She was very thankful to the five women standing next to her for helping her through her… transition. Everything was heightened; her sense of smell, taste, sight, sound, even the world around her felt different. The snow was strangely not as cold as it once was and the winter wind flowing through the air felt sharp against her skin. She could sense the life of the creatures hidden in the nearby forest. It was all a bit overwhelming for the young Dragonborn.

 

When they got back to the college, Momo had requested for Tzuyu and Mina to meet her in her chambers. Chaeyoung, being Tzuyu’s best friend and all, refused to leave her side so she tagged along up to the Archmage’s room. Momo allowed Chaeyoung to stay watch before beginning.

 

“So… you’re the Dragonborn,” Momo smiled in awe up at Tzuyu.

 

“I guess so…” Tzuyu looked down at her hands and softly smiled to herself.

 

“We can see that you look different, but do you feel any different?” Mina, seated across from Chaeyoung with quill and an open jar of ink, asked.

 

“Everything is a lot louder and brighter. I just feel sensitive to everything.” Mina nodded at the Dragonborn’s words and began scribbling on a piece of parchment. 

 

“That’s why we’re here right now; let’s see what you can do.” 

 

They started with physical tests and observations. Momo measured and they ended up assuming that Tzuyu had grown at least four centimeters taller. Chaeyoung wasn’t too happy about those numbers and, with her new advanced hearing, Tzuyu caught her friend mumble under her breathe about how she’d be happy with just one centimeter. Next, they weighed her and concluded that she had gained around three kg of pure muscle. Momo then had her change out of her robes, behind the Archmage’s separating wall of course, and into an un-enchanted tunic and comfortable pants. The Archmage asked if she felt any change in temperature but the Dragonborn shook her head.

 

Next, they continued by confirming the enhanced senses. Her ability to see, hear, and smell was much more sensitive than any normal human. Momo tried to examine the Dragonborn’s sense of taste by bringing her three different types of food: chicken, beef, and, reluctantly, pork. Tzuyu had never been a very big fan of meat, she much preferred bread, but with her new enhanced senses, seemed to water at the sent alone. The Archmage couldn’t risk her precious jokbal so instead, she had retrieved a rack of ribs. She drizzled her favorite special sauce across the top of the meal, a sweet but tangy dark sauce that hit all the right taste buds. Momo was going to try to get the Dragonborn to guess what each type of meat was but once she saw Tzuyu’s pupils dilate from her offering, Momo quickly set down the plate and ran to the other side of the room. Momo shed a silent tear as she watched Tzuyu devour her smoked chicken, grilled beef, and rack of ribs. The only thing Mina wrote in her notes was “Change in apatite, level: severe.”

 

She had also built up a sudden tolerance from the cold. Momo had Chaeyoung test this by giving the younger an ice cube and telling her to stick it down Tzuyu’s shirt. Chaeyoung waited patiently for Tzuyu to start another test before casually slipping the ice into the younger’s shirt. This was also when the four learned of Tzuyu’s super strength. One ice pack and a bruised Chaeyoung later, Momo had moved the tests outside to the roof. The Archmage wished to see if Tzuyu had any resistance to magic now that her Dragonborn abilities were activated. Tzuyu, still in her casual apparel, held out her arm while Momo held a small flame near her skin. Mina and Chaeyoung stood nearby, both holding a pale of water in case anything went wrong. 

 

Tzuyu didn’t feel any of the heat while Momo moved the magical fire back and forth under her arm, but once she had held it in one position then she finally felt the flame. Next was ice. Momo slowly applied freezing magic against her skin waiting for a reaction from the Dragonborn which she didn’t get until ice crystals had started to form against her skin. Momo also tried lightning magic but that immediately made Tzuyu shriek and recoil backwards. Mina and Chaeyoung, who hadn’t been paying much attention and started a small game of rock paper scissors, jumped into action and tossed the water at both Momo and Tzuyu. The four returned to Momo's chambers with the chattering Archmage and a giggling Dragonborn.

 

The final test was to see the limits of Tzuyu’s stamina. Once both were dry, Momo asked Tzuyu a very important question.

 

“How many pushups could you do before you changed?”

 

“P-p-pushups?” Tzuyu looked horrified at the word, “You’re going to have me do pushups?”

 

“Yes, pushups and pull-ups as well, maybe even some sit ups too,” Momo called out as she cleared a space for the Dragonborn to perform. Tzuyu turned and found Chaeyoung smirking at her in the corner.

 

The Dragonborn reluctantly got into position and began. Momo watched her form while Mina counted out loud. The Dragonborn had gotten to 125 when Momo told her to stop. The fact that Tzuyu had just punched off 125 pushups and hadn’t even broken a sweat made Momo kind of nervous for the other exercises. 

 

“That is so not fair,” Momo mumbled under her breath as she summoned a glowing bar for the Dragonborn to hang off of. Momo showed her the correct form then dropped down to let Tzuyu have a go. All three woman were mesmerized as Tzuyu went up then down, then up and down, again and again… and again… and again. Chaeyoung and Momo’s jaws had practically dropped to the floor while Mina was so distracted she hadn’t written anything in her notes. The Dragonborn’s muscles flexed with every rep and bulged against her casual clothing. After Tzuyu had felt relatively out of breath she dropped down from the pull-up bar and turned to face the others. 

 

“Umm… Mina, you have a little,” Tzuyu innocently pointed at her nose and the mage snapped out of her muscle induced trance. Mina whipped the back of her hand against her nostrils and was shocked to see blood. Quite a few drops even fell onto her unwritten notes. The others broke out in hysterical laughter as Mina looked up at them in horror.

 

“Please don’t tell Dahyun!”

 

 

~ ~ ~

 

 

I know it's short but it's also what kinda sent me into post-Oblivion creative mode for coming up with a new plot.

Please leave comments! They are very much appreciated, keep me writing, and make my day. <3 <3 <3