final.

tell her how you must have lost your mind.

“So, we’re just not going to talk about it.”

“Nope.”

“Jeongyeon…”

“I said nope.”

Jeongyeon and Nayeon are currently laying on Nayeon’s bed, the latter was playing Mario Kart terribly and Jeongyeon was too busy looking through something on her phone.

(Nayeon’s guess was Mina’s Instagram again.)

It goes silent once again and minutes pass but Nayeon’s curiosity seems to only grow, she knows that there’s something happening. She had a feeling that it might have been that way even before the play, but clearly, that had confirmed it.

And then there was catching her holding hands with Sana under the table at dinner last week.

And then there was the time she caught Mina and her making eyes literally yesterday.

It’s not that she’s in anyway judging in any way clearly, she’s just mostly concerned. She’s known Jeongyeon a while now, and she also noticed that she never fully came back from the heartbreak she had last year. Her smile was never quite as big as it used to be, it’s never been as bright.

(Until she’s seen Sana and Mina make her smile.)

It takes about another ten minutes of silence before Nayeon throws down the controller and moves to lay on top of Jeongyeon, who just lets out a noise of distaste. “You’re so ing heavy get your off of me.” She attempts to push Nayeon off but it seems to have a very little effect on the older girl.

“No, this is important.”

“What is?”

“Answer me three questions, no questions asked and I won’t ask anymore for the rest of the day.”

“Fine, ask them quick.”

Jeongyeon regrets her words as soon Nayeon gets a smirk, sitting up even though she hadn’t asked them, she crosses her legs. She’s holding three fingers, and Jeongyeon realizes she already hates every word that’s about to exit Nayeon’s mouth.

“Have you gone on a date with them?”

“We’ve gone out, but I don’t think it’s been a date,” Jeongyeon narrows her eyes, realizing that every assumption she just had was completely true and she wishes she was anywhere else but trapped in a

“How many times have you kissed them?”

“I don’t know, I didn’t count that.” But this time, Jeongyeon’s got a bit of red that’s gone from just the cheeks to the tips of her ears, and it makes Nayeon’s smirk only look that much smugger.

“So then you’ve slept with them,” Nayeon continues before moving on to the last question. “Which brings me to the last question, do you have like actual feelings for them?” The way she forms the question and even trails off toward the end makes Jeongyeon realize she’s pretty serious about that last one, which shocks her more than anything. But not enough for her to forget what Nayeon had just said.

“Okay first of all,” she moves to sit up more, glare situated on her face. “There is no reason that you need to ask whether or not I slept with them, let alone assume that I have-”

“Which you have,” Nayeon interrupts.

“Whatever! I’m not answering that.”

“You just did, anyway, answer my other question.”

Jeongyeon has her arms crossed but she’s quiet, her glare long gone, she looks almost nervous, and it doesn’t take long for Nayeon to realize she’s nervous, scared perhaps.

“Hey, you don’t have to ans-”

“I do have feelings for them.” Jeongyeon cuts her off but she’s moving off the bed, still feeling like she’s too crowded, with the room door closed even though Jihyo isn’t home. “I don’t know, I don’t feel -” She pauses and looks at the ground.

Nayeon moves to sit on the edge of the bed, realizing this is probably something she hasn’t let herself really talk about or even think about.

“You don’t have to tell me, Jeongyeon. I was just messing with you.”

“I do want to tell you about it. It’s driving me crazy. I can’t sleep and they both...they’re so overwhelming. It’s like the most natural thing for them, and I’m constantly watching my every move.”

“Have you talked to them?”

Somewhere in the midst of Jeongyeon’s freak out she had started pacing through the small space of Nayeon’s room and honestly she’s shocked she could even accomplish that, it’s not like her room is huge. But she just watches the other girl shake her head, and Nayeon feels bad for pushing the topic.

“I think you should.”

“What am I supposed to say? ‘Hey I was just wondering but I know you’re both dating, but I was wondering if that means you’re dating me!’”

“Well, are you going on dates then?”

“Yeah, I think so.”

Nayeon slowly stands up and moves to stop Jeongyeon from any more pacing, holding the other girl by the hips from behind her only moving to wrap her arms around her friend. She’s loose enough that she thinks if Jeongyeon really wants to.

She doesn’t, in fact, she just turns in her arms and returns the hug, almost shocking Nayeon.

“I’m scared, Nayeon.”

Nayeon knows, logically that this is probably

“Don’t be, you’ll figure it. Now let me kick your at Mario Kart and we can talk about your girl trouble like the best way we know how. With alcohol.”

“Momo’s not coming over?”

“Oh, she is. But she’ll be more than happy to join.”

“Okay.”

---

Days pass and Nayeon hadn’t seen her friend in a few days, she had assumed that it was because she was probably stuck on Mina and Sana’s bed for an unknown amount of time because she spoke to them.

However, when Jeongyeon came barrelling into her apartment sometime around eleven at night, she could see she was very wrong.

(She knew giving her friends spare keys in case of emergencies was a bad idea. Seven other girls with keys? It's just asking for a problem.)

“Hide me,” says the disheveled girl, disheveled and probably at least a little drunk considering how poorly she seems to be able to keep her body straight.

“Uh, what?”

“I just need to...stay here for the rest of the night. Maybe the week.” This time Jeongyeon seems to sway even more as she waves her hands a little ridiculously. Nayeon takes the moment to stand up and move to sit the other girl down on the couch, it wasn’t like whoever she was hiding from was gonna come in just as fast as she did.

At least she hoped not.

“Are you going to explain, perhaps, even a little while you came running into my house, in the middle of the night, drunk might I add, telling me to hide you.”

“To hide.”

“No , Sherlock. You’re really lucky that Jihyo isn’t here.”

“I know. She doesn’t like when we use the keys like that. But I needed to hide.”

Nayeon seems to only roll her eyes, moving to put all of her study materials away, taking the few extra minutes to put everything in her room. She has to take a deep breath because Jeongyeon doesn’t usually act like this, so she can only assume she did something stupid.

Once she finishes she comes back to try to figure out what happened, but she can’t even speak before Jeongyeon seems to beat her to it, and she hasn’t even fully entered the  

“I did something stupid.”

“I think we established that.”

“And now I have to hide.”

Nayeon just rolls her eyes, throwing the water bottle she had picked up for her on her way back in. Jeongyeon catches it but only barely, and it’s not three seconds after that Jeongyeon collapses against the girl's shoulder, and Nayeon can tell this is one of those rare moments where she actually wants to be given some reassurance.

“Drink this and start from the beginning,” Nayeon’s voice is softer now, and even a little worried.

“We went out to dance because that’s what they wanted to do, and what was I going to do? Tell them no? Have you seen either of them frown for even literally a minute?”

“Okay, I get it. You’re whipped literally everyone knew that except Tzuyu who now owes me an entire meal of my choice paid fully.”

“Momo know about that?” Jeongyeon suddenly has a small smile, it drops quickly but it still was nice to hear the very slight laugh that came from her, even for a moment.

Nayeon may act like she’s tired of Jeongyeon’s love sick drama, but in reality, she just worries about her. She nudges at Jeongyeon either way though, maybe a bit too harshly as she kind of falls against the couch. Nayeon looks guilty for a minute before she starts laughing.

That only lasts a second because once she recovers in her drunken state Jeongyeon makes a very concentrated effort to kick Nayeon over on the other side of the couch. Jeongyeon’s laughing before they know it, and it takes a few minutes for them to calm down.

“Anyway, of course, Momo knows. I told her it’ll help Tzuyu get her together. Hopefully.” 
“That’s sneaky, you know how jealous she gets.”

“I know.”

They’re laying down on the couch, just their legs touching as they lay sitting up but on opposite sides of the couch. Nayeon’s giving the girl across from her a bit of a grin as she grabs one of the pillows that had fallen to the ground, and places it in her lap. “Did you wanna tell me the rest of what happened.”

Jeongyeon who has seemed to sober up just a little, looks down to her hands that seemed to be more interested in playing at a loose string on the end of her shirt.

“I - Yeah.”

---

Sana was sitting in Mina’s lap but was clinging to Jeongyeon’s hand, who had kind of curled herself up next to Mina in a booth. They had been exhausted from dancing, but none of them were really ready to leave. Jeongyeon still wasn’t sure how the night was going to end for them, they had all shared a lot of sloppy kisses, and not so sloppy drinking induced ones, especially the one they shared when they came to pick up Jeongyeon. She had been trying not to think about it, honestly.

There’s a silence, well as much a silence as there can be in a club where the music is so loud most have to scream to be heard unless you were in a slightly secluded area like they were. And they had enough screaming earlier when they tried to understand what Mina was saying, which is hard enough on a daily basis.

It’s Sana who breaks the silence though.

“Mina and I saw you talking to the bartender earlier…”

It’s at this point that Sana’s kind of turned so she’s more or less across both their laps, legs dangling across Jeongyeon’s lap, arms around Mina. Mina’s stiffened slightly.

Jeongyeon tries to decipher the look that she exchanges with Sana, but it seems to be one that only the two could understand, and Jeongyeon wants nothing more to be let in on it. Mina’s got a small shake of her head, but Sana seems to ignore it anyway.

“She’s very pr-”

“Sana!” Mina’s now pinching at the leg not covered by her dress, and Sana hisses.

“What? I was just saying that she’s very pretty and that Mina and I had noticed that she was...very close with you. Seemed touchy.”

“What Sana means, is that we saw it and we don’t have to talk about it now.”

Jeongyeon looks confused now, she can feel the way her face crinkles up because she’s still on a drink that’s probably one more than she should be having considering she actually has class the next afternoon.

“Wait, talk about what?” Jeongyeon questions quietly. Probably a little too quietly considering where they are but she just doesn’t seem to be following. “I mean, she was a little touchy, and….very pretty you’re right, I guess.”

She’s allowed to say that right? I mean, Sana calls people pretty all the time. But it’s not like she’s Sana’s or Mina’s. Or Sana and Mina’s. Whatever.

(She’s beginning to notice her brain is having a really hard time keeping up.)

What she doesn’t anticipate is the way Mina’s look just suddenly drops. Sana looks this mix of angry and smug. And something else Jeongyeon can’t quite place. She wants to say jealousy. She wants to say they both look like that, but that’s just not true. They couldn’t be.

“A lot of people think Irene’s pretty, I guess,” she adds on, not realizing she’s basically signing a figurative death wish.

Before she can even stop them, Sana slips her legs off of Jeongyeon and Mina’s grip around Sana seems to tighten just slightly. Jeongyeon just looks even more confused. Especially when it seems that Mina’s frown seemed to deepen.

“You know her name?” Mina asked quietly.

“Well, she usually has a name tag…”

“But that’s not how you know it, is it? Because she doesn’t have one on right now.” Sana’s quick to respond and it’s kind of frustrating Jeongyeon because she doesn’t know what the hell is going on.

“Well our drinks were behind a few customers and I didn’t think waiting would be a big deal so I just talked with her, and she was just -”

“Flirting with you,” Mina finishes and it’s not the quiet soft tone she usually has, its holding something hard in it, and it’s the final straw for Jeongyeon. Even in her tipsy state.

“I mean, maybe. But that’s half of her job, and I don’t know why suddenly out of nowhere you guys are giving me the third degree.”

“Well, it’s not like you didn’t flirt back,” Sana adds, suddenly defensive. And Mina nods, which is suddenly confusing Jeongyeon even more.

“Is there suddenly a rule where I can’t flirt with someone?”

“No,” Mina’s quiet once again, but the tone holds something that she still can’t place. “But you were pretty touchy if you wanted you could go hang out with her when we leave.”

Jeongyeon didn’t have to be a genius to read what she was saying and she can’t help but admit she feels a bit of a sting in her heart. “So what, it’s okay when I hang out with you two, but suddenly I so much as smile at another girl and it’s a sin of some sort? What is going with you guys.”

“Nothing,” they both respond at the same time, but they both still have that irritated look and it’s enough for Jeongyeon to finally push herself off the other girls, arms crossed.

“Well, maybe I will find someone to hang out with if I’m not apparently going back to your place. Which is this crazy idea, I guess! I mean, god forbid, I think that maybe the girls I like for some stupid reason like me back? I must be insane to think that.”

Jeongyeon’s already grabbing her jacket that was hanging off the table in front of them and huffing as she searches for the phone in the pocket in a rush. She barely even notices that Mina’s placing a stilled Sana on the booth and standing up to reach for her.

“Jeongyeon-”

“I got the message pretty clear, Mina. I’m going. And not with Irene because if you guys even talked to her once, you would know that she spends half her days staring at the waitress that shares the same shift with her. One she’s dating might I add.”

She’s already turning around toward the door, into the rain, and trying to get a ride, to the first place she could think of.

---

“Wow, .”

“What?” Jeongyeon’s slightly misty-eyed much to her own distaste.

“You’re all es. You all had this great opportunity to do something, talk for like, once. And instead they act like a jealous set of girlfriends, and you’re terrible at reading people.”

Jeongyeon can only look on confusion, still not sure how Nayeon’s getting this all from a story where she just ruined probably a great friendship while admitting that she liked them.

“Did you miss the part where I yelled at them, that I don’t know liked them.”

“No, I got that. I definitely got that part, but you’re missing the part where they like you back and for whatever reason thought that was the best way to portray it.”

“Huh,” was the only thing that could come out of Jeongyeon’s mouth because maybe she’s too drunk or maybe Nayeon’s just saying this to make her feel better but she’s definitely not getting this.

“Jeongyeon, this isn’t like last time. I promise, okay? They aren’t going to hurt you. Well, not after this stupid thing, I’m sure. You need to talk to them.”

“I can’t yet.”

“When you’re ready, okay?”

“I can hide here then?”

“For a little, yeah.”

----

A little turns out to be closer to four days, and Nayeon’s ready to kick the mopey girl off her couch when there’s a knock at their door.  Jihyo’s the one to answer because Nayeon’s still trying to dragging Jeongyeon off the bed to at least take a shower. She gets her about half-way off the couch when she drops her to the ground because trailing behind her seems to be two girls that she didn’t expect.

“Ow, what the Nayeon?”

“Oh! Hey!” Nayeon completely seems to ignore the glare from Jeongyeon as she leaves her side and runs to grab her keys. “So nice to see you, Mina. You too, Sana. But you know what? I just remembered Jihyo and I have somewhere to go. Don’t we?”

Jihyo looks so confused but lets herself be dragged out of the apartment any ways, whispering to Nayeon that she better get her lunch paid for after the stunt she just pulled.

Jeongyeon meanwhile is frozen half on the couch and half on the ground as the two girls approach her. There’s a silence and Sana’s got her arms wrapped around Mina’s back, just like they fit together.

They always fit together. Jeongyeon just wishes she fit in with them, she felt like she did, when they were laying in bed, Mina between them. Sana’s hand on her thigh when her leg was hitched over Mina. Jeongyeon can almost feel the warmth they gave off.

“Did you need help?” Mina’s soft tone, having none of the anger from before, seems to break the silence.

“N- No!” She tries to stand up but she’s tangled into the blankets and she only manages to completely only fall the couch blankets and pillows falling on her. She swears she can hear Sana’s laugh quiet in the room.

Mina doesn’t ask this time, she just walks over and leans down to help the other get out of her own trap, only pulling back to offer a hand to help her stand up. Jeongyeon hates the way her hand feels empty without it there.

Sana seems to not have the same idea, as she moves to hug Jeongyeon quickly. She’s gone just as fast, but Sana has a smile that Jeongyeon swears make her heart skip, “Be more careful, okay?”

“I - yeah,” she moves to scratch at her neck. “Not to sound rude but...why are you two here. I thought this would be the last place you would show up.”

Sana shakes her head.

“We didn’t come here first. We tried your apartment, twice. Finally, Nayeon texted us that you were here, and that maybe we should come over.”

Jeongyeon suddenly frowns because she should have suspected that, really she should have. She doesn’t know what to say though so she only nods as if it makes sense. It doesn’t. Why would they even want to be here?

Mina seems to be reading her mind because the words fall from her lips, quick as lightning.

“Jeongyeon, I think - We think …. It’s time we all talked.”

“Can we...sit down?” Sana tacks on, wanting to maybe calm her own nerves. Tapping her foot was making her even more anxious and maybe if she sat down she would feel less inclined to do so.

Jeongyeon only nods, clearing off the home she had made for herself, feeling embarrassed at the number of chocolate wrappers that seemed to be there.  She finally makes some space and nods to the couch, thankful it’s large enough to leave some space between her and the other two.

“Thank you,” Mina says as she sits to the side, legs opened slightly and just like always Sana seems to fit herself in her lap, head resting against her chest, legs crossed to leave room on the couch though.

“Wait! Just...wait,” Jeongyeon seems to interrupt any thoughts that were about to be spoken from the other two. “If this...is about what I said the other night, I know that was probably dumb. Getting feelings for both of you, and if it’s just about how you want some space or something. I get it.”

Sana has an unreadable expression, and Mina just has this frown. If Jeongyeon allowed her to think about it, she would almost say she looked like she felt hurt. But again, that’s just wishful thinking.

The silence between them stretches on and it just makes her feel uncomfortable so she turns her attention to the small stan on the back of the couch, thinking that might be more interesting.

“Did you mean it?” Sana’s the one that interrupts the silence this time, she’s holding on to Mina’s hand but she can tell that Mina’s the one that has a tight on Sana.

“I- Um.” Jeongyeon seems to pause and she only returns her sight to them when it sounds like Mina makes a small hiccup, as if she might cry.

“Did you mean it? Please, Jeongyeon.” Mina must really be fighting tears, because her words seem hoarse like she’s trying to hold back. And Mina doesn’t show her emotions like that, not as long as she’s known them. “Tell us the truth.”

“I...I did. I’ve wanted to tell you guys for a while. Nayeon…” She takes a deep breath. “Nayeon said it sounded like you felt the same way, but how ridiculous is that.” She doesn’t know why she said it but she feels like she can’t stop them anymore.

“We’re ridiculous for having feelings for you?”

“Yeah,” Jeongyeon shakes her head, not even noticing the words that are being told to her. “Why would you? The first time it happened, we were really drunk, and you know sometimes you guys can be a lot and I think maybe it was just that. You know to have something fun. A lot of it, like you know...you guys want or something.”

Sana has a small smile, not that Jeongyeon would be able to notice considering her hands seem to be wringing and her gaze is on them. She just huffs anyway.

“Jeongyeon,” Sana starts. “Do you think it’s crazy that we’d think you’re beautiful.”

“Really beautiful. And wonderful,” Mina adds.

“And amazing.”

“Among many other things.”

“Yeah! Like why would you guys think those things and -” Then her eyes widen as she looks at the other two. “I - wait what?”

Sana just gets a smirk, moving her legs to unfold and leaning up just enough to tug Jeongeon til she falls onto her, thus into her and Mina. “There you go. Now you get it.”

“No, I don’t! Wait, what is happening?”

This time it’s only Mina laughing, moving her hand around Sana just to brush some of her hair behind her ear. “Baby, she said - we were trying to say that we like you too. And we were really dumb about it, we got really jealous and we let that take us over.”

“And we’re very sorry.”

“So, so, so sorry.” This time it’s Sana lifting the girl just enough to cup at her cheek and Jeongyeon is pretty sure she can’t breathe. “So, do you like us? Even forgive us perhaps?”

Jeongyeon only seems to nod. Mina giggles at the clueless look that Jeongyeon has, and Sana can’t help but steal a kiss against the girl’s cheek. Mina smacks at Sana lightly and she only turns to a grin.

“I know, I know. We have to wait for her to talk first.”

“Mhm, Sana. We talked about this.”

Jeongyeon just blinks once again.

“I think we broke her,” Sana pouts.

“Jeongyeon, can you maybe tell us what we just told you?”

Jeongyeon only blinks when Mina asks the question, and she seems to have to take a few minutes to sit up just enough so she’s not entirely laying on them, and is more straddling Sana’s lap but looking at the two of them.

“You said you like me.”

“Mhm,” Mina nods.

“And that you’re sorry.”

“Yes.”

“And that you like me...how I like you.”

Sana giggles, “you already said that one.”

Jeongyeon just blinks, pointing at herself, questioning. Sana giggles again but they both nod. Mina’s face pressed closely into Sana’s shoulder this time.

“Do I get to...are we going to...what’s this mean.”

Sana’s the one who speaks this time, her hands resting on the other’s hips, a smirk in place.

“It means, if you let us, we can be your girlfriends. And we can make sure Irene never -” She doesn’t get to finish that sentence because she’s being swat at. And now, Jeongyeon’s glaring. “It means that we want you to be with us, and we want to be together. The three of us. If you’ll have us. And also it means if you say yes, we get to kiss you. All over Nayeon’s couch, maybe we’ll get lucky and she’ll walk in.”

“That would make Nayeon crazy. Good revenge for dropping you, hm?” Mina seems to add.

Jeongyeon just gets a smile to the point where it feels like it’s taking up her whole face.

“Promise to do it til she gets home?”

“Absolutely!”

“I promise.”

“I just want to be yours,” Jeongyeon whispers as she just drops back down into their lap, feeling a little vulnerable. Mina just moves to reach out for Jeongyeon’s hand.

“You’ve always been ours.”

“And not Irene’s!”

“Sana!”

----

They did end up kissing until Nayeon got home. Nayeon did yell about having to sanitize their whole house. By the time they got back to the Mina and Sana’s (and Jeongyeon’s, perhaps) they did much more.