I Care

I Care (One Shot)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Excuse me! Hey! Back Up!"

Yuju shouts above the crowd, warning people who are trying get over the human barricade protecting the celebrity.

"Sparrow's flying. Sparrow's flying. Take her to the van, fast! The crowd is getting more reckless!" The chief ordered his team through through their ear piece.

Yuju pushed harder against the wild crowd upon hearing her chief's order. Some of the fans scratched and pinched her arms, but she withstand the pain and back them off.

An idol, who the crowd is waiting for, walks out of the building wearing a simple short pants with an oversized grey hoodie.Even if she is wearing casual shirts and pants, she never fails to bring a gentle stomach butterflies to Yuju.

She shifted her eyes back to the fans in front of her when they started to scream for the idol's attention.

"KYAAAA! YERIN UNNIE! I LOVE YOU!" 
"YERIN-YA TAKE CARE!" 
"UNNIE! YOU ARE SO PRETTY!"

Yerin usually looks up and smiles at her fans, waves occasionally. But today, she doesn't even look up once.

She walks at a brisk pace to her van. Trying to get away from the huge crowd as soon as possible. 

Yuju saw that discomfort is evident on the idol's pretty face as she pass by her in the crowd.

In that moment, one of the extreme fan push the security, attempting to get to Yerin. Instead, Yerin was pushed forward by the falling guard, losing her balance.

Yerin closes her eyes tightly bracing for the impact. But the pain never came to her.

Yuju caught the idol when she nearly hit the ground.

"Are you okay?" Yuju asked her worriedly.

No words comes out of Yerin's mouth as she tries to tell Yuju that she's okay.So instead she gives a nod and grab onto Yuju's offering hand.

Once she regained her balance, her manager came and guide Yerin swiftly to the van to avoid anymore accidents.

After the idol took off, the crowd disperse almost immediately as if nothing ever happened earlier.

Most of the guards collapsed onto the ground from exhaustion.The crowd is larger and wilder today than any other schedule days.

Yuju felt her legs and arms getting numb from the muscle strain. She also felt needle like stings up on both of her arms.She made a mental note to put spirits on the wounds as soon as she got back home.

"Attention!" The chief security's voice rings through her earpiece.

All of the talking voices hushed down, waiting on their chief's follow up order.

"Great Job people! The sparrow's condition is super. We better move to next location before it is crowded. Huddle up team! Let's roll out!"

The guards drag themselves onto the assigned bus upon their chief's instruction.

Hwang SinB, Yuju's co-worker, Yerin's bestfriend and a childhood friend of both Yerin and Yuju, came up to her.

"Woo! That was quite a pain in the right?" She stretched herself before taking a vacant seat beside her.

"Yeah, definitely. I hope that next place is not too packed and wild like this one." Yuju replies while checking her twitter as SinB keeps on talking alone about how pretty Yerin will be at the stage they are going to. She put in the keyword 'Yerin'. saw the earlier moment when she is rushed to her van.

In the pictures, the singer's face is captured clearly with an uncomfortable expression evident on her face.

There were some negative comments going up on the comment session. Fans of Yerin were defending their best for her. It is very relieving and great to see people defending her and all, but a single negative comment is capable of hurting a singer's feeling incredibly.

While Yuju is halfway on reading all the comments, their cheif informs them that they are arriving.

The bus is unloaded and everyone is assigned with duties. SinB got assigned to the front stage guard duty and as for Yuju, she has to stand-by at the backstage. Yuju felt a bit uncomfortable at the thought of it.

Flashback (5 years ago)

The three girls were having a mini farewell party before Yuju and SinB went off to training camp and Yerin trains as a trainee at Source Music.

They were talking about their childhood moments and relationships, reminiscing their old times together.

"Unnie, I will go get some more snacks to munch on. I will be back in a jiffy." With that, the youngest girl went off into the house.

The silence of the night overwhelmed the two girls as they sat quietly.

Yerin was the one who breaks the silence first, "I know it's a little bit strange to ask you this but, do you have someone who you will miss when you go to the training camp?"

Yuju was surprised when she heard the question that Yerin asked, "A..Are you asking me if I have someone I...like?"

Yerin nods back as a reply.

Yuju without answering the question, she sighed.

"Yes, I have this one person. I wish I could tell that person how I feel before I go but it's too late to tell them now."

Yerin grabbed Yuju's hand and stared straight to her eyes saying, "It's never too late to tell them how you feel. Just tell them so that you won't regret not saying it now."

"Really?" Yuju break their eye contact and ponder about it.

Being a supportive unnie, Yerin nods her head gave her encouragement.

Yuju took a deep breath and looked away from Yerin, keeping her eyes to the ground, scared of the other girl's reaction .

Yerin was confused at the younger girl's action.

"I...I like you unnie."

"..."

Minutes later, Yuju glance at Yerin's face expecting to see any kind of reaction.

Instead, she was met with an expression that she can't read.

"Hey! I got snacks!", SinB came back running to them, breaking the awkward silence evolving around them.

Yerin turned to look at SinB and smiles brightly. As if nothing happened.

Yuju felt hurt. Does she get disgusted of her? Why is she not saying anything about it?

Yerin acted like she didn't get confessed by Yuju throughout the night. Happy and funny as usual.

That night, they parted ways, as normal friends.

•••••• end of flashback

After that night they never had a chance to talk about it anymore.

Yuju forced herself to move on and to focus on her job.

Unfortunately, they met each other again at their jobs. Yerin being an top idol and Yuju as one of her bodyguards.

Recent days has been nothing but tough for Yuju and getting the job done and avoiding Yerin at the same time was not helping her at all.

Back to the present~~

"Choi Yuju! You are the best man available! Guard the sparrow."

The chief ordered Yuju as Yerin walked down the stage ladder after her rehearsal.

Her manager also left Yerin with Yuju to take care of other things before the show starts.

The two girls awkwardly stared at each other, not knowing what to say.

After multiple seconds, Yuju sharply breaks the ice cold silence, "Lead the way."

Yerin flinched from the cold tone but she whispered an 'okay' and started walking to her waiting room while Yuju followed her.

Yerin was nervous the whole time when Yuju was around. She found herself fidgeting and clumsy whenever she sees a certain bodyguard.

For the past few months, she used to brushed off her feelings, thinking that is because of Yuju's confession. People tend to like back to those who confess to them, right? 

But now, she is absolutely sure that the reason was not that. There is something that she couldn't put a hand on. And this frustrates her every time she thinks about Yuju.

Show time

Yuju stood by the backstage, watching Yerin sings and dance around the stage like a professional.

Yuju is in awe as she watched Yerin dances gracefully on the stage for the dance break.

The crowd is also in awe, along with the girl at the backstage. 

All of the sudden, Yerin stopped dancing and stood shocked on stage.

Yuju went on stage and drag Yerin down the stage when she heard rapid commands from her chief.

"Bring the Sparrow down! Bring the Sparrow down! Get the doctor ready! Bring Hwang to the staff room! All remaining guards, keep the crowd calm! Quick Quick Quick!"

Yerin was brought safely to the waiting room. She was totally shocked and still unable to react to what happened.

Yuju took a near-by blanket and wrapped it around Yerin, hoping to comfort her in someway.

Yuju was about to left the room and check on things outside, until a soft hand grabbed her shirt sleeve.

"Don't..." Yerin's worried and desperate eyes, stared straight into Yuju's.

Yuju felt her heart jump but she kept herself from wavering from her duty.

She really wanted to stay there with Yerin and comfort her but judging from her chief's order something must have happened to SinB. And she knows she needs to be there for her friend.

"I am sorry." Yuju gently put down Yerin's hand on her lap and left the room.

Outside the waiting room~

Everyone were so busy, running around here and there. The stage lights are shut down and the audience's mumbles can be heard. She saw the offender hand cuffed and dragged to the police car. 

Yuju ran into the staff room to find SinB with bloodied clothes.

"Doctor, is she okay?"

"She fainted after we wrap her up. It was just a minor injury but she lost quite a lot of blood." the doctor answered back.

"She will feel a little bit tired after she wakes up. The cut was shallow. But she needs to be hospitalized to treat her wounds properly." The doctor said as she pack his stuff.

The nurses pushed the bed which SinB is on to the ambulance and drove away.

Chief's voice rang through her ear piece, "Everyone. Reporting area. Now."

The guard lined up just like they did before the performance, except SinB's spot is vacant.

"The concert will resume shortly. G

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter