Final

Today, Yesterday and Tomorrow> Junhoe Poem Oneshot
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

'iKON's Koo Junhoe spotted last night at Club XX with model Clara'

'Is the Vocalist of iKON a heavy drinker and too much of a party goer?'

'Junhoe spotted at club being drunk and rude! See here!'

News articles left and right that morning which proved to be too much for the callow idol. 9am that Tuesday morning and this is the headline for multiple Celebrity news sites. What a great way to start the day. 

Lingering eyes follow his movement inside their dorm kitchen and Junhoe sighs before speaking, startling the table where they were silently eating breakfast. 

"Seriously guys could you be more obvious? I'm fine" Donghyuk was the first one to speak up. "We're just worried for you June-ah". "Yeah, the internet broke loose with the news so we're diffident on how to make sure you're fine" Jiwon chirps in with eyes sending caring glances at the latter. 

"Guys really, I'm okay, i mean yeah it's and i have a monstrous hang over ang my head may or may not be killing me right now but believe me when i say I'm okay. No need to worry" Junhoe was not even sure if he was reassuring the guys or himself. 

"Actually when i got up earlier the phone was ringing and i guess Yang Sajangnim found out about the not so scandalous scandal and asked me to ask you to go to the headquarters later at noon" Jinhwan elucidates expecting a resistance from Junhoe followed by series of cuss words saying how he'll not go or just stall but to his surprise and to the others as well as Junhoe himself, Junhoe simply nods and continues to finish the hangover soup Yunhyeon made for him before returning to his own dorm. 

"Eat up guys. You all look like the scandal was about you" Junhoe says hoping to enlighten the sullen mood. 

/

Sitting inordinately inside his boss' office with an understanding look, Junhoe prided at how calm Mr. Yang was about the topic but he knew that it did not mean he was out of the doghouse just yet. 

"You see Junhoe, I understand you're young, all of you are and clubbing is normal in your age but then again-" Mr. Yang intransigently looks at the boy before continuing "you are an Idol. Not a solo idol but an idol in an Idol Group. What you do will reflect on iKON. Same thing with what Donghyuk will do and Chanwoo and Yunhyeong and the rest so we can't afford too much headlines, negative headlines at that my boy. You get what I'm trying to say?" Junhoe nods. He knows he was wrong. 

"I'm prepared to face my punishment for chipping at iKON's image" bowing respectfully, Junhoe stays in that position until Mr. Yang asks him to stand up. 

"Well I could only think of one but it is more of a reflection for you rather than a punishment" Junhoe furrows his eyebrows confusedly at his boss' words. "What do you mean sir?" He inquires. 

"I think it would be best if you go out of the city for a while. I'm willing to give you two weeks off for you to think and reflect in your actions as well as let yourself and your group members breathe. Your comeback was delayed because of this scandal so we'll have to let it pass first and die down before we release your comeback" Mr. Yang explains and Junhoe could not even blame anyone but himself for having their comeback pushed back. 

Oh how Hanbin waited for a go signal and when they finally have it what did he do? He ed it up. Koo Junhoe ed it up and now it's been pushed back for a month or two, nobody knows and he blames himself solely for the incident and its consequences. 

"Yes sir I understand. I hope i can be forgiven" Junhoe bows once again before Mr. Yang beckons he could leave and leave he did. 

/

"So where are you going again?" Jiwon asks as he follows Junhoe inside his room when he saw the younger came back from his little meeting with the boss. 

"An island at the north most part of whatever province Mr. Yang has chosen for me" Junhoe answers while packing another bag with the things he thinks he will need along his so called 'trip'. 

"For two week?" Jiwon insipidly asks and Junhoe nods lookinh dejected. "It feels like I'm being casted away hyung, you know?" Junhoe chuckles and Jiwon pulls him in a hug and surprisingly, Junhoe hugs him back. 

"Don't think like that JuNe ah, imagine it like a vacation or something. I mean i would come with you but I have that thing with League of Legends coming up" Jiwon explains and Junhoe placates his hyung with a smile. 

"It's fine hyung. This will be good for me" Not fully convinced, Jiwon helps Junhoe pack his stuff for tomorrow. Later that day, Mr. Yang sends a plane ticket for Junhoe. 

/

"Pijumanuwon?" Junhoe eyes the preposterous name of the small island immediately after landing where he was swooped away to a harbour where the 5 minute boat ride took him to the small community within the blotches of islands. 

The bus he was one was old and rickety. "Must've been from the old ages' he thinks but a view a field filled with healthy lookinh green grass made his mind blank and for the first time in years, Junhoe felt at ease. 

The lodging apartment was okay in his opinion. Not too fancy nor poor, nothing like his dorm but he guess he could make it work. 'It's just for two weeks' Junhoe chants while unpacking his stuff. 

Junhoe prognisticates that by night time falls, one of the guys will call him up thru video chat and he was right. Yunhyeong's contact was flashing on his screen at 10pm and without any second thoughts, Junhoe slides the answer button but the poor signal at his location was making it impossible for their accounts to connect. Prosaically, he types a simple 'sorry signal is but have a good night hyungs' before getting himself cleaned and tucked in for the night. 

Sun rays hit his eyes causing the tall man to wake up with a groan. When people said the mornings were different in the province compared to the city, boy they were not wrong. Junhoe glares at his surroundings before getting up to close the blinds and drink two glasses of water and slumping back on to the bed after taking his morning piss. Junhoe felt he could just sleep the day away. 


Waking up at 4 in the afternoon was not much of a surprise for the man and he would have been asleep still if it weren't for his stomach growling. Making a mental note to stride over the market later, Junhoe cooks some of the many instant ramen e packed with him and proceeds to take a shower. 

Stomach full and body clean, Junhoe goes out after convincing himself that he should take a look around the island. Sighing loudly, Junhoe grew bored immediately for there was not much to see and he felt a little happy to have found a café nearby. 

'Looks like this is the only place in the whole island with a modern touch' Junhoe thinks and  told himself that there was nothing wrong with being honest. He would admit in a heartbeat that the entire island seemed like it was still back in the 1960's with their unmodernized vehicles and ols school roads with boring signage per store. In his unpopular opinion, Junhoe was convinced that the island was being left out. The city was much more different and the fact that the he will be staying here for two whole weeks makes the thought less exciting for his part.

-

Much to his delight, Junhoe found himself quite please to see the night market so alive and hopes the day time is just as interesting as the night time. 

"Free samples?" A voice says and Junhoe looks at his right and sees a girl behind one of the manu stalls in the market with a shining smile offering him a taste of what they're selling. 

Reaching out to take a small piece of what Junhoe believes is a slice of Takoyaki, he prattles with his words. "T-thank you- so cute. I mean so good! Yeah so good!" An awkward smile plasters on his lips and the girl chuckles at him. 'She's cute really' he think and ends up staring at her. 

"Uhh sir? You haven't tried the piece yet" she points out to his hand which was still holding the toothpick that pierced the slice of takoyaki and Junhoe turns beet red. 

"So embarrassing" he mutters before eating the product in his hand. "Well, it's good so i guess I'll have a few pieces more" he sheepishly smiles and the girl nods starting to make his order. 

The sizzling sound of the Takoyaki balls being cooked was the only thing in between him and the cute girl behind the stall. Junhoe cleara his throat catching her attention. 

"Yes?" She asks with interest. A glint in her eyes shone and if Junhoe notes that if he was not paying attention he would have surely missed it. 

"I--uhhh....damn. Sorry" He stammers and scratchy the back of his neck. "I'm sorry but I'd like to introduce myself" he offers mustering up all his courage.

"I'm JuNe" he extends his hand over the stall and the girl chuckles before taking his hand in a firm yet subtle shake. "I'm Sumin". 

"Sumin" Junhoe says as if testing how the name rolls off his tongue. Sumin finishes up his order handing him a small plate with a few pieces of Takoyaki. 

"Say, uh... Well I'm kinda curious about the island and stuff so i was wondering if you could recommend some things to do around here?" He say while eating. The table was just infront of the stall in the middle of the food lane at the night market. 


"Not from around here i see" Sumin states making Junhoe shake his head. "I'm on a leave for a few weeks and I really haven't been to places where I'm alone. Usually i have my friends with me but for now I'm here by myself so any recommendations?"

Sumin taps her chin thinking of some stuff tell Junhoe and starts to cook another round of order for a few customers. 

"Well there is a scuba diving spot along the west of the island" the suggestion made him immediately decline. "I can't swim and is terribly afraid of water" he breathes out and shudders just thinking about it which made Sumin laugh and Junhoe made a mental note that her laugh and smile was just beautiful. 

"Well there's nothing much one could do around here honestly" she shrugs and faced him after the order was done. "I mean, life here is simple but if you like my family has a farm and that's the most people do around here. Farm and exchange goods with each other" Sumin says making Junhoe think if it was a good idea to go to a stranger's farm. 

He mentally slaps himself. 'you're an idol you idiot!' Going to people's farms or even going with people in general is already dangerous. Besides his scandal at hand, Junhoe chills at the thought of another headline involving him but this time disappearing after going to a farm but he concludes that he was being dramatic and realizes that Sumin have not looked at him differently since they talked and the profundity of her probably not knowing he was an idol came in his mind. 

Deciding to test his theory, Junhoe shakes his head and diverts the topic. "Soooooo any songs you like recently? Random i know but i like music" he asks and expects a modern answer but bit back the smile appearing on his face at her answer. "Well it isn't relatively new but I've always liked it" she starts and Junhoe listens on urging her to continue because it looks like she's shy to tell him. "Reflection of you in your smile" she answers and Junhoe raised his eyebrow. 

Well that one was definitely not what he was expecting at all. "I don't know that sorry" he shyly gives her a smile and they fall silent. 

"Well if you don't mind me asking,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter