Prologue

Ride or die (with me)

The moon was at its highest and fullest in the starless night sky of Seoul city, casting its dim moonbeams through the skylight into Seoul's Art Museum. Jung Jiah, being the good friend she is, volunteered to cover her friends night shift at the museum.

Running on her last fumes of caffeine, she was a slowly getting the life out of her as the clock handles ticked by, yet she always kept the smile on her face for the visitors, although thankfully there weren't as many of them as there is at daytime.

As the last couple of visitors walked out the revolving doors, Jiah noticed a cup of, what is presumingly, coffee left on the bench in front of one of the many paintings the museum exhibits. Sighing, she picked up the cup and made her way to the nearest garbage, this wasn't her job, but it wouldn't hurt her to try and be kind to the cleaners in the museums and actually try to clean the environment. 

That being said, life sure has a special way of showing it gratitude, for in the next seconde Jiah tripped over thin air in front of the garbage, causing her to grip onto the bin as leverage only for it to tip and spill all its content on her. And as if that wasn’t enough, the coffee cup spilled all over the front of her shirt and successfully decorating it with the brown liquid.

The security guard on shift heard the ruckus and came over only for him to see her sprawled out on the floor looking like garbage itself.

“Phht—Ms. Jiah...are you okay?” It was obvious he was trying to hold in his laughter, but he was doing a terrible job at hiding it.

Jiah, ticked off now and has reached her boiling point, just stood up, righted the garbage can up, took a deep inhale and said,” Tell the cleaner I’m sorry.” , and hurried off to the dressing room to try and get rid of what is probably now a stain that will not fade out of her only clean uniform shirt. Nevertheless, she needs this shirt for tomorrow, all of her other shirts are at the dry cleaners.

She quickly took off her shirt and stood in front of the basin in the small bathroom they have inside the staff room in nothing but her bra and uniforms skirt. There wasn’t anyone there—all of them hurried to change and get the hell out of their shirt graveyard shift—  so she left the door ajar, not that much but just enough to see the lights from the room seeping in.

But that was her first mistake; if she had closed the door, she wouldn’t have heard the small click sound that the window of the staff room makes when it is opened or closed.

Jiah furrowed her eyebrows, feeling the anxiety slowly start to creep up her spine. There was nobody here, except her— well at least there shouldn’t be— And she was half for God’s sake, her shirt is wet from trying to get the stain out of it, and her clean change of clothes are in her locker, which is outside the bathroom, in the room where she just heard the sound coming from. 

As she was about to check out what the hell was going on, the lights turned off on her—actually, the lights turned off in the whole museum; she noticed the lights weren’t even coming in through the cracks of the main door.

 'something is definitely off' she thought to her self, as the sense of dread was hitting her at full blast, stupid Jiah, not taking a stupid clean shirt from her stupid locker before washing the stupid stain out of the stupid soiled shirt. 

The room temperature was much lower then it was when she came in. But then again she did come in wearing a shirt,nevermind the coffee that was spilt on it.

she stepped out of the bathroom fully, yet again in only her bra and skirt, thinking it was fine since nobody was there, yet that was her second and final mistake, for she was technically blind in the pitch black room , and if it weren’t for the full moon tonight trickling in its beam light through the window, Jiah would have never seen what was about to happen in the next few seconds.

As she went to try and find her locker in the dark to get herself a dry, clean shirt. The main door to the room opened and in came, two black shadows holding what is apparently a...Painting?

'HOLY !! WHAT?! BURGLARS?!'

They have yet to notice her as they started heading towards the small window in the corner.

’ So that's probably what I heard.’ Jiah thought to herself.

just as she was about to whip out some of her martial arts moves, in her bra and all, and bust their nuts to get the painting back, the one on the left noticed her standing there, frozen and not moving at all, and raised his hand to his right ear to what she guesses is the intercom.

"Uhh—Guys... We have a bit of a situation here."

The guy beside him, finally noticing her, continued ”We have a witness.”

All Jiah could think of at the moment was "Well ."

–––––—–––––—––––––—––––– 

Authors note: 
Well, that's just a lil’ something to start off with. 
I Haven’t read through it and there are probably lots of mistakes but will do later.  
Anyway, hope this intrigued you into reading the story :).