Chapter 1 : Me and my puppy syndrome

Crush?Maybe

Debate club!

What more can I say.I am standing in front of the club room and hoping it says PRISON rather than DEBATE CLUB.

Me and my stupid puppy syndrome.

Are you confuse? Well DON’T. I’ll let you know the story about how I came about standing like an idiot in front of the debate club room.

Remember when I say I have a puppy syndrome? Please don’t google it, I don’t think it’s a real thing, but I just use it to explain my tendency to try my hard just for a compliment, well at least puppy has it better since they got a compliment AND a belly rub. No belly rub for me.

Anyway, what happen is I felt in love with my English teacher, before you go there, no it’s not the hot English teacher of the opposite , nope, sorry no Will Schuester here. Its just a normal everyday English teacher with a big smile but damn the way she explains Shakespeare transport me to a whole different era. It’s like I’m watching Romeo & Juliet in real time and when she explain William B. Yeats,Lake to Innisfree;its like you can picture the cabin and the serenity. So naturally, when she ask us to write an essay about anything, I go all out to impress. And I mean the whole ten yards, researching, late night typing, spell check, all those thing.I was more passionate about one assignment more that my final exams. Just so she would like me. LOL. Yeah, like I say I’m a puppy.

The good news is she’s impressed all right, I got all my five minutes glory when she read it to the class and comment on how interesting it was. Damn, I feel like a million bucks. But. And it’s a huge but(no pun intended),the storm came after class, so she ask me to stay back and told me how I have done a good job and since I am high on all the dopamine, she naturally ask if I want to join the debate team, and the puppy in me immediate say, “Of course,maam!” before my brain got time to interject.

Yeah, my brain don’t even stand a chance, well, until the following day when she says, see you at club and here we are,3 hours later,face planted on the door feeling like a total moron.

Five minute later……

‘’Are you a first year student?”

‘’Yeah.”

‘’Do you want to join the debate club?”

‘’I have to.”

‘’Why are you standing in front of the door and not come in?”

‘’Because the door is pretty, what else…”

,wait up….

Why is my brain voice sounds like a male, and why are we having a Q&A out loud.

F***,don’t tell me…

‘’Well for your information. The door has a handle that is equally pretty, and if you open it, you will unravel an equally beautiful but slightly plain room which you could enter. Isnt that amazing.”

I turn around towards the voice and GROUND, PLEASE SWALLOW ME WHOLE.

I just act stupid in front of the school head boy, two snickering seniors and my smiling beloved teacher watching.