Chapter one |love|

Holding hands

 

A/n: so hi guys!!! I'm not sure if I want to make this a series yet if you want it to be please comment below!!!

 

Today is the day I finally get to see him. I haven't seen him in months and everyday I long for his hand I long for his love. I can feel someone shaking me as I stare out the window. 
"Mae! The teacher wants you..!" Winwin whispers yells into my ear. 
"Geez...can't you calm down..?" I say as a get up and walk past his desk. 
"Lee Maehyung when did you think my class was not important!" The teacher angrily screeches at me. 
"Since like forever," I reply smirking. The whole class softly laughs but the teacher bickers at them. I feel her ruler hit my thigh and my smirk quickly hides. I politely bow and quickly scurry to my desk. I feel Winwin's stare as I hide my bright red face. 
"Mae--are you okay?" He says slightly worried. 
"Shut up! I'm fine! Can't you just leave me alone...," I say hiding my embarrassed face. The bell rings and I quickly pack up my stuff and go to my locker. 
"What's with you?" Lisa says as I stare at my locker. 
"Nothing," I say as I move quick to open my locker. She stares there for a moment trying to observe and guess my feelings but she soon just opens her locker. I grab my books and lunchbox and slam my locker shut. Everyone stops at the sudden loud noise and stares me down. Feeling their eyes on me makes me agitated but I hide it and put a smile on my face. 
I walk into the cafeteria scanning for him. He waves his hand and I run to his table with a bright smile plastered to my face. He hugs me and feeling his warmth fulfills my longing for him.
"I've missed you so much!" I say as I hold his hand.
"I loved it in America but I couldn't wait to come home," he says squeezing my hand. I stare into his beautiful hazel eyes and I almost get lost in the world that lies beyond them. I blink quickly as I realize I was staring and look at the ground as a blush.
"You can look at me," he lifts my chin so I'm looking at him. I look at the sit across from me to see a boy. He seems scrawny and at no use for me.
"Oh yeah--this is my friend Jin," he turns my shoulders towards Jin.
"Hi nice to meet you," he greets me with a bright smile. He seems almost too happy almost as if he's just try to please Jisung. Jisung nudges my arm gently as if he's trying to get me to say hi.
"Hi I'm Maehyung but I go by Mae" I manage a smile and a light bow. He stares at me, evaluating my looks. I look off to the sad to see Winwin all alone in the corner. Man that boy is a real pain but he should at least get some friends.
"I'll be right back," I say to Jisung as I release his hand and walk towards Winwin. I grabs his wrist and drag him to my table. I push down his shoulders so he's sitting down in the chair.
"Yo look like a loser all alone so I just saved your reputation," I gently grab Jisung's hand. Winwin stares down at the table and doesn't even look up. 
"I have gym so I'll get going," he gets up and walks away. Jisung gives me a look and I nod so we both get up and follow him. I check the library and gym while Jisung checked the restrooms and locker room.
"He's nowhere..." Jisung says as he leaves the restroom. I look around trying to think where he would go and get a sudden realization. 
"Outside..." I look out the window to see it over frost.
"No way it's so cold out there he would freeze with no jacket." He grabs my hand.
"Let's get to gym class." As he says that the bell rings. We rush to the gym and see Winwin stretching in the corner. In your mind you sigh of relief but instead you pretend to not notice.
"Ok today were playing volleyball!" The gym coach blows his whistle as students begin to boo.
As we all play a boy comes behind Winwin as he was about to set a ball and pushes him forward.
"Hey dweeb your supposed to hit the ball not look at it like its Somi." The boy and his friend laugh as Winwin obviously looks agitated. I feel an arm brush past me and see Jisung run up to the boy. The boy tries to speak but before he can say anything Jisung slugs him in the face. He falls back his head colliding with the ground. Jisung wipes a little blood off his hand and returns to help his team. I quietly turn around at a loss for words. Winwin gets up and walks to another court. I noticed a small boy standing behind the little gang. He seemed to be apart of it but didn't wanna be associated with them. I turn around looking at Jisung. A girl is standing near him obviously being super flirty. He's my man, only mine. She turns around to reveal he face, it's Somi. I watch frozen as she walks over to him and puts her hand on his shoulder. I eagerly watch for his reaction hoping he chooses me. Jisung pushes her hand away and walks to another court. I smile with relief and focus back on the game. As I go up to spike the ball I notice Somi in a perfect position so I aim for her face. The ball bounces off her face and she falls back. She begins screaming and crying as she desperately looks for a mirror. Her nose is black and blue and super swollen. Jisung walks over to me and puts his arm around me. 
"What happened to her?" He says.
"Oh nothing, just got hit," I reply trying to hold my bright smile. I can feel him close to my ear. His cold breath stinging my neck.
"Did you do it?" He whispers into my ear with a slight laugh. I turn to face him and nod. I hear a loud scream as if a chipmunk just got his acorn stolen. 
"MY nose looks like Barney!" Somi yells with a high pitched screech. I look over to see a hysterical Winwin cracking up in the corner. He must have saw everything happen. Hey..karma she had it coming and it came. I let go of his hand and walk towards the small boy I had seen earlier. As I approach him he turns around and his gaze meets mine. His hand quickly jerks behind his back and I lean to see his hand he backs away.
"You shouldn't hang out With Felix," he looks down as he turns away. A reassuring hand grasps I shoulder and I turn around to see Jisung. He looks into my olive tinted eyes and gives me a small smile. He then walks in front of the boy stopping him. I then move behind him trapping him.
"Don't be scared, w-we are just trying to warn you" I try reassuring him that were not going to bully him but he's overcome with fear. I can tell he's a freshmen that is being molded by a bad influence. Jisung steps back giving him more space so I do the same. I expect him to run or I don't know collapse in fear. He stands there his thin hands trembling. 
"I'm not a freshmen--I'm a senior as well," I stare at him in shock looking at his thin stature. Jisung looks at me not believing what he just said.
"Ah! Your Park Jimin," Jisung practically screams at him. I walk over to be next to Jisung and link arms with him. Jaemin steps back slightly confused.
"I sit in front of you in math," he says looking at me. A surprised glance covers my face as I try to remember. Jisung looks down at me with a confused glance.
"Oh..yeah," I grip Jisung's arm tighter.
"Well--uh we'll get going," Jisung's pulls me away giving Jimin a small wave. I struggle to keep up with Jisung's fast pace. He stops suddenly, sending me stumbling forward. He grasps my waist before I tumble over. I look up at him not seeing his usually cheerful expression.
"What's wrong?" I look deep into his eyes. He looks away back at where Jaemin is.
"There's something with that boy stay away from him" I silently gasp at his response. Jisung pulls my shoulders so I'm facing him. He pins me against the wall.
"I'll never let anyone hurt my princess" he softly kisses my lips. I break the kiss as I see Jaemin approaching us from the corner of my eye.I push Jisung back gently and fix my hair.
"Um...could I um..you know" he stumbles to speak.
"Hang out with you" he stares at Jisung making soft puppy eyes. Jisung glares at me and nod so Jisung nods. A warm smile spreads across Jaemin's face as he turns away towards the locker room. You release his hand and go to change out of your gym clothes. As you walk out Jisung is waiting for you. He smiles as you meet his gaze.
"Icecream?" I nod as he gently grabs my hand. We interlock fingers as we walk down the long hall. As we walk down the street I can feel something is off.
"What's wrong?" I say sounding worried. He stops looking at me.
"Nothing,why?" He starts walking again.
"You just seem so.....distant," I say looking off at the trees. Sometimes I really want to know what is going through his head.
"What is Jisung thinking...?" I mumble a little loud not noticing.
"He's thinking about how much he loves you," with his other arm he pulls me in and softly meets my lips. I stumble backwards in shock but Jisung grabs my waist. He breaks the kiss and goes back to walking. As we enter the shop the man at the front lights up when he sees Jisung.
"My little dancer is back!" He says coming to hug Jisung. The mans wife followed.
"He's even more handsome!" She says as she squishes his cheek.
"I missed you too!" Jisung says smiling.
"Taehyungie make Jisung's favorite icecream. The teenage boy grumbles as he scoops mint ice cream into a cone.
"Aish! What about Maehyung," says the woman hitting the mans arm.
"Oh yeah! And one strawberry!" The boy limply moves to make my cone.
"Enjoy yourselves and it's on the house!" The main exclaims as he hurries back to the cash register.
"Thank you," Jisung tells taehyung as he gets our ice cream. We walk out silently enjoying our ice cream. Jisung puts a little of his ice cream on his spoon and holds it out in front of me.
"Open," he says as I open my mouth. He puts the spoon in my mouth and I slide the ice cream onto my tongue. He smiles as I do the same to him. We stop at a park and finish our ice cream before heading home. When we reach my house he lets go of my hand.
" see you tomorrow princess," he kisses my forehead before walking away. As I walk in my dog barks at me. I bend down to try and pet him but he he bites me.
"Ouch! What's wrong chingu?" I look around for something that's wrong. He quickly sprints away so I follow him. He leads to mark who is on the ground.
"Mark! Omg! Omg!" I shake him in an attempt to wake him up. I run to my older brothers room hoping for help. 
"Chan! Som-" he's not there. What the heck? Chan is always home he doesn't have any friends.
I run back to mark and check his pulse.
"Boo!" He all of a sudden turns up to look at me. I scream and fall back hitting my head on his dresser.
"Ouch!" I pout as mark's smile quickly changes to a worried expression.
"Are you okay?" He says helping me onto his bed. I hit his shoulder and playfully punch his chest.
"Hey! Stop your bleeding.." He the back of my head and I wince in pain. Tears fill my eyes as he does it again to move away my hair. He gets up and grabs a first aid kit form the bathroom. I softly cry as he bandages the wound. He pulls me into his embrace.
"Shhh.. It's ok..I'm so sorry," I burry my head in his chest to distract me from the pain. He gently pats my back making sure not to tug on my hair. He pulls me away from his chest and gives me a little smile. He wipes away my tears with his thumb.
"I'll make it up to you by making hot pot," my eyes light up and the words. He gets up and walks to the kitchen and I follow. As he makes my dinner I play with chingu. I hear my phone ringing so I quickly go to answer it.
"Hey babe..what's up?" I say as put my hair up.
"Are you okay?" He says worried.
"Yeah,why?" I say confused. I stop what I'm doing at focus on the conversation.
"I heard yelling so I'm just making sure your alright," what he says gives me chills.
"I just hurt my head," I say like its not a big deal.
"I'm coming over," he ends the conversation not allowing me to finish. Within minutes I hear him knock so I quickly scramble to open the door. He pulls me into a hug and gives Mark a death glare. He lets go of me and stomps towards Mark. 
"What did you do yo her?" He says struggling to stay calm.
"I scared her and she fell back," he says stepping away from Jisung. Jisung looks back at me so I turn around. I hear him gasp a little and he rushes over to me. He runs his frail fingers over the cut making me wince.
"Stop that," I say turning around to slap his hand. He catches my hand and looks at me with worry filled eyes. He sighs and places a pack of ibuprofen in my palm and closes it.He kisses my hand and walks out.
"Dang! That was...dang," Mark stands there still trembling with fear.
"Maehyungs boyfriend is a bully!" He pouts as he stirs the broth. I stick my tongue out and return to my room. As I sit on my bed I think about Jisung. He always helps me. He always cares for me. He always protects me. He always loves me.
"Maehyungie it's ready," I run to the kitchen my mouth already watering. I sit at the table unable to contain my hunger. I immediately begin eating not even giving mark a chance to sit down. Mark sits down and calmly eats unlike my Tasmanian devil self.
"Slow down, you'll choke," he says laughing. I look up at him and slowly eat the pork that was In between my chopsticks. After I finish I go to my room and sit on my bed not wanting to move. Aish, I'm such a bad girlfriend I don't do anything for Jisung. I fall asleep with my head in my hands. I wake up noticing I never changed last night. I shower and put on my next outfit. I walk out expecting to see Jisung waiting but he's already up the street. I run after him and walk behind him quietly. I put my arms around his waste hugging him from behind. He stops and I hear him laugh. He pulls me around in front of him. I go on my tippy toes and peck his cheek before grabbing his hand and running to the park.
"Aish sweetie slow down," he says begging. I speed making him run faster.
"I give up," he says stopping to catch his breath. I walk back to him and dab his forehead with a towel wiping off the sweat. My hand touches his forehead and it feels super warm. I grab my water bottle.
"Are you okay?" I say giving him some water. He nods and grabs my arm.
"What's wrong?" I say helping him stand up. I hold his hand helping him stay up.
"I'm so tired I can barely move," I pull him to a bench and sit him down. I continuously wipe his face. He grabs my hand and pulls me up. He begins walking so I follow. We stop walking and I notice were by our school but it's Saturday. Jisung leans his hand against a tree and throws up in a trash can . I rush over patting his back and pulling his hair out from his eyes. 
"I thought you were okay?" I say wiping his mouth. His face is red and he obviously has a fever. I look into his eyes as he falls back against the tree sliding down.
"Jisung! You shouldn't have come if you were ill," I kneel down next to him. He holds my hand and looks into my eyes.
"I'm so sorry I just wanted the perfect date with you," he says looking down. 
"Just being with you is perfect," I lift up his chin and kiss him. He looks at me and tries to get up but I steady him.
"Don't stand, I'm calling Mark he'll come and get us," I smile. Mark pulls up and we help Jisung into his car. We get to our house and Mark carries him inside. He places him on my bed. I look at his vulnerable body wanting to help him. I hold his hand and try to not look so worried.
"I'm fine really," he says trying to calm me down.
"Just stay here and rest," I squeeze his hand a little. I sit on the bed next to him. I pick up his head and place it in my lap. I play with his hair as he falls asleep. I check my phone to see a message from someone I don't know.
Text: hi! ^-^ . I stare at it and hesitantly look down at Jisung to make sure he's asleep.
Me: who is this? 
Text: Jimin...
Me: how did you find me?
Jimin: Felix...
Jisung wakes up and looks up at me with a sleepy smile. I turn off my phone and throw it to the other side of the bed. He nuzzles his head against my thigh and groggily opens his eyes. I feel his forehead and it doesn't feel nearly as warm. I his hair and slowly caress his cheek.
"I love waking up to the love of my life," he says smiling at me. The smile on my face fades a little but I try to maintain it. He looks at me confused.
"Did I do something," he says looking worried. I try to hide the tears forming in my eyes. He grabs my hand and gives it a gentle squeeze.
"No of course not! It's just.. I'm such a bad girlfriend. You love me so much and you treat me so well. Everyday your there but what do I do for you?" I stutter trying not to cry. Jisung sits up and pulls him into his embrace. I begin to cry into his chest and he traces circles on my back to soothe me. He wipes away my tears and pulls me away from his chest. 
"You are the best girlfriend in the whole world," he kisses me. He deepens the kiss as his arm snakes around my waist. I break the kiss and gasp for air. He pulls you into a hug.
"Aish, you can let go now," I say squirming.
"I want to hold my princess," he squeezes me tighter.
"You should get more rest" I say getting up. I kiss his cheek and quietly close the door.
"How is he?" I look up to see chan taking off his coat and slipping on his slippers.
"His fever went down but he's still weak," I look down. He walks into the kitchen and grabs a bag of seaweed and retreats to his room. I sigh as I hear his door close. I walk into the living room to see Mark passed out on the couch. I get a blanket from the closet and tuck him in. 
"Good night my dear brother," I whisper as I kiss his forehead. (End of chapter)
I walk into my and quietly sit in the chair next to my bed. I'm about to fall asleep when I hear Jisung moving. I open one eye and see Jisung grabbing his phone. He coughs as he scrolls through something. It looks like he's texting someone, but who? I look closer but move myself back afraid to be exposed. I fall asleep to the sound of typing. I wake to see Jisung hovering over me. I look around to see I'm not in the chair anymore. Jisung notices my panicked expression.
"I moved you last night," he says as he kisses my cheek. I blush and quickly try to hide it. I can hear him giggle as I hide my red face.
"I'll get going now," he gets up and I hear him walk out. I run after him hugging him from behind.
"Wait," he turns around and I kiss his cheek. He smiles as push him out of him room and to the door.
"Bye~," I wave as I close the door covering the image of Jisung. I sigh as I walk out to check on Mark. I walk in to see no Mark. Hm..that's weird. I check his room and see him lying in his bed. 
"Chan~ssi?" I look at my older brother who is tucking him in. He immediately gets red and walks quickly back to his room. I laugh softly as scrambles to close his door. I hear a knock on door so I run to open it.
" hey ba-" I expect so see Jisung but instead I see Somi. I try to close the door but she stops me. She pulls me out of the room but as she does my ring falls off. I haven't taken off my ring since me and Jisung started dating 3 years ago. My foot gets caught in the door so he slams my foot. He covers my mouth and helps me up. He drags me into his car and drives away. I try to scream but the duck tape over my mouth prevents me. I cry and Felix while at a red light beats my leg to make me shut up. We pull into a warehouse and he pulls me by my hair inside and throws me to the ground. Nancy kicks my stomach and I wince in pain. She then keeps kicking me until I begin to cry. She takes of the duck tape and keeps kicking me. I look of to the side to see Jimin standing in the corner. He wanted to stop Nancy but he was scared for himself. I begin to cough up blood but she doesn't care. I stop coughing and stop moving. Aish, I can't breath everything...hurts. I want to move but my body won't let me. My heavy eyelids close leaving me motionless on the ground. I wake to see Jisung's chin above me. I'm in his arms and he's running but I can't speak. I try to move but I can't. Salty dry tears cover my face and I want to wipe them away but my hand won't move. I feel water on my face. Jisung is crying. His cold tears sting my cheeks and make me want to move even more. With all my energy I limply lift my arm to wipe away his tear before my arm collapses back to my body.
"Hey stay still okay...j-just breath were almost there," he chokes on his tears as he slowly stops at the hospital.
"Someone help! My girlfriend! She's dying," he pleads. People soon take me away leaving a broken Jisung. ~random person in ER point of view~
A boy comes running in screaming. There's a beautiful girl in his arms but she's covered in blood and looks dead. As the medics take her away he stands there with tears streaming down his cheeks like endless rivers. He collapses to the ground in a fit of tears.
"Maehyungie! I love you! Please don't leave me this way!please..." He sits on the ground crying into his knees. I should help but he looks so traumatized he might hurt me. Soon two more boys rush in. One kneels down next to him while the other runs to the main desk.
"Hey Jisung, breathe it's ok," he hugs the other boy rubbing his back. The other boy sobs hysterically clinging onto the boys jacket.
"She's gone..she was dying in my arms," he chokes on every word tears taking control of him. They were obviously dating and it's really sad to see love end this way. The third boy walks back and gives the guy that still has his sanity a sad look. The boy kneeling begins to cry but manages to control himself in order to calm down her boyfriend. The boyfriend stops screaming and tries to stand up. The other two quickly get up and help him. They help him sit down and he cries but softer now and he seems more in control of his emotions. The other two walk towards me to talk and not let the boyfriend hear.
"I don't think she'll make it," he says looking down at the younger boy.
"Chan~ssi! How dare you say that! I get you have no emotions but I love my little sister. She was there for me every day. She was the only person I ever allowed myself to make hot pot for. What kind of monster are you? Your not even sad! Look at Jisung he's such a mess. He's only her boyfriend but your her older brother. Hyung! Just please be there for us just this once. Forget everything else and love her for once." He pleads his calm expression expiring leaving a devastated boy. ~Mae point of view~
The doctor run around me yelling this and that. They shine a light in my eye and it feels like they're trying to blind me. I want to push them all away but I don't have control of my body. All I want to think about is Jisung.
"Tell Jisung I love him..." I say before finally letting my eyes shut. I wake up but this time everything is white. I'm in heaven...thank you Jisung...I love you. I see him walk past me and I'm shook.
"Your awake...omg...your alive," you see tears well up in his eyes.
"Aish, don't cry you'll make me sad," I say pouting.
"I'm sorry," he says as quickly wipes a tear that began to stream down his cheek. I wipe away his tear and pull him into a hug. Mark rushes in with a bright smile but retreats not wanting to ruin the moment.
"I thought you left me...you never notice how much you love someone until you almost lose them," he pulls away from giving me a cheerful smile. Soon everyone comes in to greet me. After an hour of talking to my friends chan walks to the doorway. He glances at me but when he meets my gaze he quickly looks away. Jisung holds my hand and whispers into my ear.
"Did you know I love you?" By now everyone has let the room.
"Maybe you could show me?" I say grabbing his collar and pulling him to meet my lips. I deepen the kiss missing the taste of his lips after all these hours without him. He tries to break the kiss but I won't let him. He pulls away gasping for air. He smiles at you as he squeezes your hand.
"Did I show you?" He ask trying not to laugh.
"Now I really know," I say laughing. The moment is ruined by the sudden interruption of Chan's voice.
"You shouldn't kiss in front of your older brother," he laughs as he walks up to my bed. Jisung hides his face as he blushes. I move his hands revealing his bright red face. He slaps my hands but I giggle at his embarrassed look. Chan places a box and a teddy bear on the small round table near me and walks out. He's always like this. He doesn't talk to us he just walks in does what he needs to and the leaves. Jisung sighs as chan quietly closes the door.
"I think I saw him cry for the first time," he says smiling. He cried...?
"Wait what?!" I'm totally shocked by this.
"I was a mess and Mark was calming down. I asked where chan was and he said he was by the car. So I went out to check in him. I was totally baffled to see him crying." He said imitating his facial expressions. I laugh as I imagine him crying. After my 18 years on earth I've never seen him cry and I rarely see him smile. My smile quickly fades as Jisung begins to sniffle. He looks down but I see the tears that are escaping his eyes.
"I thought I lost you. I can't imagine life without you, your my sun. I love you so much and I can't bare to lose you," he cries into his hands. I sit there admiring how my savior in life can also feel heartbroken and alone in this cruel world. He pulls me into his embrace. Hearing his quick panicked breathes as he cries stings my heart. I wipe away his tears.
"Don't cry Jisung, All that matters is that I'm here now," I kiss his cheek tasty his salty tears. He looks into my eyes his eyes red from crying. He rests my head oh his chest. He hugs me never wanting to let me go ever again. The doctor walks so Jisung leaves. 
"You can be discharged tomorrow," the doctor says to me with a smile. A smile back but look out the window hoping to see Jisung. The next day was boring due to no visitors being allowed in my room. Mark drove me home where Jisung was waiting for me. A few of my other friends there but I could only focus on Jisung. I run to him and hug him squeezing his waist tightly. He puts his arms around my waist and kisses me. He suddenly stops noticing Mark and jisoo. I pull away and look down trying to hold my blushes. They both begin laughing as me and Jisung die of embarrassment. Jisoo pulls my hand away from Jisung and guides me into our small house. Inside are so many people I can barely move. Jisung grabs my hand noticing my panicked expression. 
"Aish, don't worry this isn't for you, it's the party chan is having," I look around noticing college guys chugging beers and screaming along to the music. Jisung guides me upstairs his arms protectively on my waist. As he opens my door he looks at me giving me a smile. He pushes me into the room and locks the door. 
"Jisung...." I say looking panicked as he comes closer to me.
"Aish, don't think like that. I just didn't want drunk dudes wandering in here and annoying us," he sighs and hits my arm. I laugh as he ruffles my hair. His hand moves down to my cheek and he slowly caresses it. He stares into my eyes leaving me blushing. I look away hoping we want notice.
"Song be afraid to blush..," he says turning me to face him. He gets up grabbing my hand. He opens the door softly and gently pulls me out closing the door behind me. He guides me through all the people. As he opens the door a drunk girl stumbles out and pukes in our bushes. Jisung quickly hurries past her and to the sidewalk.
"Where are we going," I look back unable to see my house. Jisung walks faster with every step. He pulls my arm his grasp getting tighter. His speed walk soon turns into a quick sprint. We slow down next to a tree that seems to tower over all of Seoul. The glistening slightly green tinted clear lake next to us is surrounded by beautiful flowers. Jisung picks one up and puts it in my hair. In the field of flowers lays a small box. I pick it up and open it to reveal a glistening rose gold ring. Engraved on it is Pwark piggy. That's the nickname you gave Jisung in middle school and you still use it today. He puts his arms around my waist and pulls me in.
"I leave at the end of summer, that's only seven more months with my angel," he looks at me. The sun make the tears in his eyes sparkle. I hold his hand and squeeze it.
"Jisung-ah, it's ok we just have to make each day better than the last," I say giving him a bright smile. He weakly smiles and our beautiful moment is ruined by an innocent Winwin.
"Maehyungie!" He runs to us waving. Jisung looks away and wipes away the tears that desperately tried to escape his eyes.
"Oh hi Winwin-ah!" I try to sound excited but I'm secretly mad at his intruding action. I don't see Jisung like this often but recently he's been showing his weak side.