Japan, Freudian Slip and the Unknown

Japan, Freudian Slip and the Unknown
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

We were in Japan for the LVER World Tour. We had 2 days off to explore the city before the next show. I insisted to not follow the plan for today and just be spontaneous - we'll go wherever our feet will lead us. 

 

Eunbi on the other hand is a little skeptical about my plan. Her OCD fearing the unknown. She was browsing the Japan Guide app on her phone when I saw her sneakily searching for tourist spots when we were having breakfast.

 

"Hey! That's cheating babe." I said, "This would be fun! I promise you. I let you decide whatever you wanted when we were in the New York and it didn't even turned out as YOU planned it!" 

 

When we played in the New York we had a day off and it was supposedly spent exploring the city. Eunbi planned it to a T only to find out that most of the location she chose were closed due to the winter season. We ended up holed in her hotel room playing board games - true it wasn't what we planned but spending time together no matter what the circumstance was always enjoyable and fun experience for the both of us.

 

Armed without a plan, I let Eunbi have a checklist instead. I wanted my girlfriend to feel like she had a contribution for today which would appease her paranoia for exploring an unknown city. We did have pictures taken in-front of our hotel few months ago when we did a fansign event. We were both in Japan, but didn't tour the city like what we're about to do now.

 

Eunbi was going through her list with me and checking her backpack for the contents. Not going to lie, I was becoming a little impatient because I know that she had gone through her list thrice already before breakfast.

 

"Love, can you explain again why need a Swiss knife?" I asked with a hint of boredom on my voice. I was facing Eunbi and studying her serious and determine look. She has this habit of biting her lip when she's focusing and I personally find it super adorable.

 

"It's for emergency. Have you seen 127 Hours?"

 

"Babe, we are not going for a hike. We're going to the city, not climb up a mountain."

 

"I know but let me be. You gave me the liberty to have a checklist so I have the right to decide what to bring." She checked her backpack one last time for the last item on the list, and once satisfied she gave out a sigh and showed her chicklet smile, "There I'm all set. Let's go!"

 

While heading out to the bus stop, Eunbi kept repeating "Let's go!" and I shoved her playfully to the sidewalk, "One more 'Let's go' and I'll leave you."

 

"What? No! I'm just excited to spend time with you Chaeyeon. We don't get a lot of chances to go out like this you know." Eunbi said while tugging at my waist, keeping her body very close to my side.

 

I kissed her temples, then her cheeks, the slowly nibbling the side of . 

 

"You taste like maple syrup. You ate too much pancakes at breakfast." She said affectionately.

 

I looked at her and stuck my tongue out. BLEH! 

 

We arrived at their bus stop and saw that the next one will be available in 30 minutes. So, we sat at the bench and patiently waited for the next bus.

 

"Chaey?" Eunbi said, while resting her head on my shoulder with both her arms encircling my right arm.

 

"Hmm?" I silently replied.

 

"Will we always be this happy?"

 

I glanced at my girlfriend, who's really, really affectionate today. I was looking at her head, then at her hands that was playing with the sleeves of my hoodie.

 

"There's no 100% guarantee with happiness in every relationship unnie. But I promise to make you happy as long as you want me in your life, and I wont deliberately hurt you." I solemnly answered her. It was a promise I told her at the start of our relationship, and it is something I vow to keep for the rest of my life. As long as Eunbi wants me, I'll be here to keep her happy and safe.

 

"Okay, since we have several minutes to spare, let's play 21 questions."

 

I gave her my affectionate smile. Trust my girlfriend to think of ra

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter