An Exhausting Victory (finale)

An Exhausting Victory
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was late at night when the production team was wrapping up. Each equipment being stored away and other props for the backdrop were being placed to where they originally were. Dreamcatcher’s new music video was on its development and the members just finished its first day. The staff were talking amongst themselves, categorial crews discussing the next phase of the video, managers reminding the members about their next schedule for the following day and other people were doing their own business. Work was hectic as usual, but of course they were already used to it. There were other things to worry about and this is just the beginning. The idols were nodding at every word that their manager is speaking, about the things they should take note of since each member has their own assigned task.

 

The buzzing of the conditioner and fan came clashing with the busy workers, feet sauntering their way, voices echoing every time there was amiss, phone’s clicking to the meddling fingers typing responses, it was quite the scenario. Though again, they were already used to it. Nothing has changed, except that they gain experiences as time ticks. They knew that these things will soon be gone, nothing lasts forever, but they do remind themselves to work hard for their goals and to reach it before that time of age is set.

 

Yoohyeon was busy yawning that she almost closed her eyes with her contacts still in her irises. Head bobbing from side to side, the struggle to keep herself awake was getting harder and harder. Their manager was still explaining their schedules that she isn’t even listening anymore. She was so tired. It was already half-way to 3 am, and if she was not mistaken, their next schedule was at 7 in the morning. Some of her members aren’t done with the last individual shots, which adds a good ample amount of 45 minutes, excluding the part where they will change back to their normal clothes. Adding the travel time from the set to their dorm, it would take them at least 30 minutes, an additional 30 minutes to do their routines before going to their beds. Hello, less than 3 hours of sleep – Yoohyeon says to herself.

 

Another yawn resonated, she stretched nimbly and cranking her neck from the sides, she was indeed tired. She leaned back on the black leather couch she was sitting on and blinked the tears forming as she dozes a little.

 

“That’s all for tonight. Please do remember to review your schedules once you get back to your down later. For now, I think Minji, Handong and Siyeon has their last-minute photoshoots? Once that goes out of the way, we can all go home and rest” The manager continues, scrolling though his phone where the timetable is.

 

Gahyeon sighed before settling herself on a huge singular couch, “I thought the Unnies were already done with that” A pout followed.

 

“Well,” Bora stood up, “We just have to wait for them. Want to go to the nearby convenience store after we change? I bet you’re moping like that cause you’re hungry”

 

“You know me so well Sua-nnie~”

 

Bora just rolled her eyes and grabbed for her casual clothes to change in since her part was already done and was ready to go back to their dorm. Yoohyeon just stared at them, she was nonetheless hungry as well, but her mind was so exhausted to even function properly. She was still in her huge blue blazer outfit for their instability photoshoot and the weight she was feeling was preventing her from moving.  She also wants food from the convenience store. But the thought of the need to also go with them to buy for her own made her even more tired. She rejects the idea of standing up and decides to wait for them instead. Yoohyeon was THAT jaded.

 

She was startled out from her thoughts when she felt a presence near her. She can hear the raspy mumbles of this person, the slow breathing and the intoxicating perfume. It was strong enough to whip Yoohyeon’s head toward its direction, smiling when she sees a sleeping Yoobin. She was also still in her own individual outfit, strong make-up and sprayed hair. Yoohyeon has got to admit, she was stunning to look at – even with her eyes closed and incoherent murmurs.

 

Yoobin’s head were also bouncing from the sides, trying to create a steady position for her to keep her head up and not fall. Yoohyeon found it cute, but Yoobin doesn’t like the compliment. She remembers Yoobin saying that she prefers being called cool, with unique charisma and vinous glamour. It was weird, but the tall one just took note of it and carried on.

 

Bora came back, without the sophisticated ensemble. She gave it to their Unnies in-charge of their clothing articles and proceeded on sitting next to Yoohyeon’s side, where the armrest of the couch was.

 

“Pfft! Look at Yoobin’s face! It’s so meme-worthy! Wait, I should take a picture!” Bora was about to bring out her phone to take a snap when a deep voice halted her.

 

“I wouldn’t do that if I were you Bora”

 

‘She dropped the honorifics’ Yoohyeon sweat-dropped.

 

“Oh…she’s awake” Bora laughed s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter