D minus ??? days

182Days
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Want to go have some drinks?” Hwangbo asked Dara as they finished their schedule.

“Maybe next time, unnie. I promised my team we'll have dinner and I'm done for the day. You can join us.”

“I’ll pass. I'm not really hungry. Anyway, be careful and have a good meal.”

“Neh. You too.” They both hugged goodbye and  went on their separate ways.

Dara chatted with her team, but she was out most of it. Unusual for her.

“Noona, are you okay?” Wonjun, aka  Kopro, asked.

“Just tired.” She shrugged and yawned. “Maybe just the weather.”

“Okay let's go home. I'll get the car.” He announced to the table and Dara's team nodded telling her to rest.

Dara was quiet on the ride home. All she can think about is walking in her door and head straight to her bed and sleep. She was already imagining it.

But then she remember she needs to at least wash her face, she mentally groaned.

Wash face, brush teeth, slap a mask on. Sounds good. She thought to herself and sunk deeper in her seat. Her jacket rustled. Another mental groan.

She needs to change clothes for bed. Her forehead was scrunched she was so tired it frustrated her just thinking of the steps she needs to do before going to bed. But then she made a happy sigh thinking she can just strip down to her underwear. That's the plan. She mentally pat herself on the back.

“Aaah, chincha!”

“Noona?” Kopro lowered the volume of the music.

“Mmm? It's nothing. I was just thinking.” She dismissed. She sighed upon herself. “I'm going crazy just thinking of going to bed.” She muttered to herself as she fixed her hat. Her hair brushing her nose.

Aniyo!!!!  She mentally whined. Her hair smells of food. She hates it when her pillows smells of stale food. She needs to shower even if it means extra minutes to finally get cozy in bed. She didn't want to sleep on the drive home because she might not fall back to sleep when she gets home.

She started thinking of opening her front door, tell Kopro to just lock up after he drops her things while she heads straight to the bathroom and get it over with. She's not excited but a girl's gotta do what she gotta do. And proper hygiene is a must.

With just 2 stoplights more before she gets home, she was already dreaming of sinking in her soft and warm bed to finally sleep. But her bed would not be ideally warm. She pouted. When is spring coming? Why is it still cold? She shivered with the thought of her cold sheets. But at least in a few minutes her body heat will warm it up. Sigh.

 

 

/Dara’s POV/

When I entered my home, all plans vanished as I saw Jiyong sprawled on the sofa. The TV was on but the lights were dimmed and volume was low.

I did not have to think twice and just walked towards him. Pull the small blanket I keep by the couch, that pooled around his waist, high to his shoulders and lay on top of him. I don't have to worry if he would struggle breathing because he won't, people know how light I am.

“You’re home.” He rasped, his arms went around me.

“I forgot you're coming over. I'm sorry.”

“You’re here now.”

“Mmmm.” Then we bathed in silence.

“This is nice.” I broke the silence.

“Hmmm?”

“Coming home to you.” He chuckled lightly.

“I miss this.” I looked up to him.

“Me too.” He dropped a kiss on my head.

“You hungry?” I asked, nuzzling his thin shirt.

“No. I ate already before coming over. Seoneun noona told me you were having dinner together when I asked her earlier.”

“You could have asked me.”

“I thought you were still busy, didn't want to interupt and she said you looked tired.”

“Mmm. Maybe it's the weather.” I hummed. “Or just missing you.”

“Want to go to bed now?” He asked, combing my hair with his fingers. I whined as a response.

“Wae? So you can sleep better on the bed.” He urged.

“I have to wash up and shower.” Lifted my head to look at him, a sad pout to match the puppy eyes.

“You can skip that.” He smiled and kissed me on the lips. “I don't mind sleeping and dreaming of some ramen as I get a whiff of your hair.” He teased, I pushed off of him.

“I’m showering. Now!” I stormed off and he laughed. Better get this over with so I can really sleep.

“Don’t worry, the bed is warm by the time you're done.” He yelled after me and I smiled happily how he just knows the right things to say even if I didn't mentioned it. I love that man so much.

By the time I was done Jiyong was already in bed in his usual sleeping attire, pajama pants and nothing else. He was in a prone position on his side of the bed, his was inviting.

“What’s wrong on your side of the bed?” He mumbled as I lay right on top of him, my front to his back. I even had the concious effort to turn off the lights.

“Nothing.”

“Mmm. I can't tuck you in this way, baby.” Still mumbling.

“5 minutes.” I protested. I was comfy, don't touch me. Grr. “Aren't you cold?” I asked to his bare skin.

“White skull, remember?” Was his only reply. Ah yes. It's cold up in the bases.

“Oh yeah.” I replied unenthusiastically as I slowly and unconsciously cross to dreamland.

“It’s been 5 minutes..” He spoke as I was almost fully asleep. Aisht, this namja!

“Comfy.” I mumbled.

“Let me hold you.” He said. How can I ignore that? I like to be held by him. He knows that! I shifted and rolled off of his back. I already miss his warmth. But not long enough he was dragging me to him and tucking us both under the duvet.

“Good night.” I mumbled and he combed my hair so I can sleep faster. I like it better when he massages my scalp. But that also meant a little force will be given and I'm already perfect. I hummed in approval.

Yeah he just got a few days off of camp. I was just from a filming schedule. We haven't seen each other for a few weeks now. But there were no jumping in each other's arms, no flirt-leading- and no one is bombarded with a thousand of questions just to catch up. I can say we have adjusted well.

It's somewhat a little familiar. When we have schedules that separates us. This was our norm. Through phone calls and texts. In the camp, Jiyong diligently

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter