Let's never change

For my Fiance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hey everyone so I had some extra time so I decided to go through with my Chaennie Valentine’s Day idea. It’s simple with Jennie wondering what she should get for her fiancé Chaeyoung because it was easier to shop when she was just her gf but now they’re engaged so things have changed, maybe Jennie needs some help lol.


 

Kim Jennie was having a bit of crisis. Well, perhaps it wasn’t a full-blown crisis at this moment. But it sure as hell felt like it would be one. The dark-haired woman paced back and forth some in her apartment. Valentine’s Day is just around the corner and normally this would be fine. She would pick up some nice gift for Chaeyoung. They would either go out or stay in for dinner. They’ve been together a long time so even if she didn’t have a gift at times. Her sweet and loving Chaeyoung would not care as it’s more important for her that they’re together. Jennie sighs as she sits down at the kitchen table. The woman is feeling stressed when normally she wouldn’t be. There’s a very simple reason that she’s stressed and that’s because this year is completely different.

 

Last year Valentine’s Day was simple because Chaeyoung was her girlfriend. This year Park Chaeyoung is her fiancé and that changes this a lot. What does one buy for their fiancé? Sure it’s their fiancé they’re in love with and would do anything for? But she’s never had a fiancé before, so isn’t it natural things would change some?

 

“What to do?”

 

She’s going to need some advice and quickly. The first and most likely place she’s going for advice is her and Chaeyoung’s two close friends Jisoo and Lisa. They should have some good advice for her, right? Jennie sure hopes so anyway. First she’s going to at least have breakfast. She looks at the time on the wall clock. Make that a really late breakfast since today she’s off from work and took full advantage of being able to sleep in. The dark-haired woman should eat something and soon. But she pauses when she looks down to her phone as a text notification pops up.

 

Wifey: hi, Jen. If I know you you’re probably asleep or just waking up. Please eat soon, okay. I will leave my office to check on you if you don’t. You know I will.

 

Chaeyoung ends with some cute heart emojis and it puts a smile on Jennie’s face. Chaeyoung is very sweet that way and always considerate. It was actually Valentine’s Day last year when Jennie asked her to get married.

 

(Flashback)

 

It’s been on her mind for a while now proposing to her long time girlfriend. The plan was originally to ask Chaeyoung on her birthday to marry her. However, Chaeyoung went home to Australia to spend time with her family and unfortunately Jennie couldn’t go because of work obligations, so it was a time where she couldn’t see her girlfriend for her birthday but she made sure her gift arrived and at the least was able to Skype with her girl. But Chaeyoung is home now and today is Valentine’s Day what else is a better time to ask except maybe a day like Christmas or the date of their anniversary. Jennie doesn’t want to wait any longer since she knows Park Chaeyoung is the one. She’s nervous as they walk from the restaurant they just finished having dinner at. She isn’t the only one who can tell she’s obviously nervous because Chaeyoung can see it even if she’s looking all cool, calm, and collected. The slightly taller woman stops walking and moves to stand in front of her.

 

“What’s wrong?” Jennie wonders.

 

The brunette smiles and gives her hand a squeeze. “You tell me. Why are you so quiet?”

 

“I’m not being quiet.”

 

Chaeyoung shakes her head and touches the side of her face. “What’s going on in your pretty head?”

 

Jennie smiles back. She is very sure of this woman she wants to spend the rest of her life with. She kisses the brunette’s hand and tells her that she’s fine. Chaeyoung doesn’t quite believe her but they keep walking anyway. There’s a specific place that Jennie wants to ask and it’s not here. There’s a park that they meant for the first time years ago and it’s not far.

 

“Want to take a walk through the park first?”

 

“A walk through the park?” Chaeyoung wonders. Jennie looks hopeful about this walk and so the brunette agrees to the walk. Plus, it’s a park that has meaning for them. They met here years ago before going on that all important first date that led them to their eventual relationship.

 

“I feel like we haven’t been in here a long time.” Chaeyoung speaks as they walk while holding hands.

 

“How many years now, about 4?”

 

“Yes, four years since I ran into the cutest woman I’ve ever seen, literally.”

 

Jennie chuckles as she remembers crashing into Chaeyoung those years ago. The woman was really pretty and nice that Jennie was at a loss for words and was sure there was no way Chaeyoung would ever go out with her. But here they are several years later and still together.

 

“I already sleep with you. You don’t need to lay on the charm so hard.” Jennie teases and that makes Chaeyoung laugh out loud. Jennie gets lost in her smile for a moment before remembering that she has got to propose and soon. She doesn’t want to lose her nerve completely.

 

“Well, I enjoy it. But, we should probably end this walk soon. I have to get up early tomorrow for work.”

 

“Yeah, we can go soon. Can we stop here for a moment?”

 

“Alright.”

 

Jennie steps in front of her and holds the slightly taller woman’s hands in her own. The ring box is in her inner jacket pocket and here she goes.

 

“We’ve been together a long time now, Chae.”

 

“Yea, we have. Why, are we finally going to look into moving in together? Because this is kind of an odd time and place to do so.”

 

“No, well we have delayed talking about our moving in together. I just have something else to talk to you about, baby. It’s important and I’m nervous.”

 

Chaeyoung knew Jennie was nervous about something practically all night and now she is getting concerned more so. She hopes that there is not anything seriously wrong with her girlfriend.

 

“Don’t be nervous. You know you can tell me anything.”

 

Jennie nods and takes a deep breath. She shouldn’t be nervous since this is the woman she loves and loves her too.

 

“Park Chaeyoung, I love you and will you marry me.” Jennie says it and quickly shows the ring in a cute but still somewhat nervous manner. Chaeyoung simply stands there in surprise as she completely wasn’t expecting this. Is Jennie being serious right now? The silence for such a long moment is doing nothing for Jennie’s confidence.

 

“Um, babe. Are you going to say anything?”

 

“Huh!” Chaeyoung snaps back to reality. She was also lost momentarily on the size of the ring as clearly Jennie put a lot of thought into this and it’s a gorgeous ring. Chaeyoung can’t speak in that moment all she can do is nod eagerly before saying Yes!

 

“Yes, of course I’ll marry you! I can’t even believe you right now. I’m surprised.”

 

Jennie laughs in a mix of happiness and relief as she places the ring on Chaeyoung’s finger. The woman she loves said yes and that’s all that matters now.

 

“You’re surprised that I love you. I’m so glad you said yes.”

 

(End)


 

That was last year and they’re engaged still not quite through with all the wedding planning and preparation, so they’ll be looking at a hopeful date of this fall or early next year. Jennie sends a quick text back to her fiancé with a picture of actual food. She knows Chaeyoung will worry if she doesn’t eat and probably will come here to make sure. They each have their own apartments that the couple saw no need to give up and still there’s a place they purchased for them to officially move into when they get married. Jennie smiles as she thinks about the fact she’s getting married. But of course she has other thoughts on her mind too.

 

“What do I get for my fiancé?”


 

Said fiancé is on her lunch break and is sitting with her close friend and coworker Park Sooyoung. The slightly older woman is so nice, helpful, and has been a good friend since she began working here a few years ago. Sooyoung passes her the tea and Chaeyoung just knows the dark-haired woman is about to say something to her.

 

“So…”

 

“So?” The auburn-haired woman nods to Sooyoung and waits for her to elaborate.

 

“Well, it’s just that you’ve been engaged for what, a year now?”

 

“Yes, just about.”

 

Sooyoung smiles all calm and normal but Chaeyoung has known her too long now to know that something is coming.

 

“It’s been a year so when the hell do you exactly plan on being married, hm? I want to go shopping for my amazing dress!”

 

The auburn-haired woman laughs at her friend’s over exaggerated expression. If nothing else Sooyoung always makes her laugh.

 

“Is that what you care about more than my being married?”

 

“I care about the reception too. I know a bunch of good caterers from when Yerimie and I were married.”

 

“How’s Yerim?” Chaeyoung asks about her friend’s wife.

 

“She’s great as always.” Sooyoung looks so lovesick at that moment as she talks a bit about her wife. She sees how Sooyoung always lights up when talking about her and Chaeyoung knows without a doubt she looks like that whenever she talks about Jennie as well.

 

“Well, we’re still in the planning stages, Soo. I’ll let you know when we have a date.”

 

Sooyoung sighs. “What are you going to be one of those couples engaged for years and years without any signs of getting married. Because if so I have this bet going and..”

 

“Soo!” Chaeyoung laughs and shakes her head. “That’s not funny. We’re definitely going to get married. But we should get back to work because I want some time to pick up my Valentine’s gift for Jennie.”

 

“Good idea. I need to get something for Yerimie too. Let’s go.”


 

Chaeyoung can’t wait for later because she’ll be with Jennie and n

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter