Final

Used To Be

They first met during middle school, Jimin is 15 and Jungkook is 13. Its Jungkook's first day of school and he is already lost. He can't find his room, but thanks to Jimin he found it, just a little bit late for class. They became friends, Jimin took good care of Jungkook. He treated him like his own baby brother who is also in the same school. They are always together going to school, lunch, doing assignments, playing around and going home, Jimin, Jihyun and Jungkook. 

 

They used to be.

 

 

 

 

Jimin left the two for high school, he got a new friend. Kim Taehyung, his classmate and platonic soulmate. Plus other friends of Taheyung, Jin, Namjoon and Yoongi. He also met another friend from his dance class, Jung Hoseok who is also Jimin's first ever boyfriend. 

 

Well they used to be.

 

Hoseok and Jimin broke up weeks after Hoseok's graduation when the older accepted a scholarship in another country.

 

 

 

Jihyun and Jungkook follow Jimin for highschool, that is because of Mr. Park and Mr. Jeon. Jihyun and Jungkook became so close and spend time as many as they can have. They are best friends. 

 

They used to be.

 

Jihyun asked Jungkook on a date on Christmas day. They became official boyfriends, after their first New Years kiss. 

 

Jimin found out that his brother and Jungkook are boyfriends when he saw the two cuddling almost kissing while watching Iron Man in the living room with popcorn, chips and cola.

 

"You never said you are dating. Since when? Why didn't you both tell me?" He asked.

 

His brother shrugs.

 

"Did you even told me or Jungkook about you dating that Hoseok guy? Right, you didn't. How about when you found another friend? Ah, you didn't tell us."

 

"Hyunie.."

 

"Lets go Jungkook. I'll sleep over tonight." 

 

Then the two left. Jihyun is right, they always to talk to each other. They always find a way to spend time and talk. They used to share everything that happens on their daily life.

 

Right.

 

They used to.

 

 

 

 

 

 

It happen one day, one fine day. Jungkook woke up early to prepare for prom. He prepared his coat, he made sure his shoes are shiny, he charge his phone, he got his weekly allowance from his dad, put his ticket inside his wallet. Then, he ordered his boyfriend's Jihyun favorite flowers.

 

He texted Jihyun on what time he will pick him up. His boyfriend said he will be the one who will pick up Jungkook. Weird. Because Jihyun never pick him up for school or dates, it was always Jungkook.

 

Jungkook waited. His boyfriend said to wait, so he did. The thing is, its already 7:30 pm and he is sure the prom already started. He keep on calling Jihyun, but he never answer. He is worried so he dials Jimin's number. Luckily the older answered.

 

"H-hyung?" 

 

"Jungkook? What's wrong? Are you crying?" 

 

"N-no I.. Do you know where Jihyun is? H-he said he w-will pick me up for prom. I'm w-worried cause he doesn't answer my c-calls.." 

 

"Jungkook..." 

 

"Yes h-hyung?"

 

"Jihyun left already." 

 

"Oh? I knew it he is just late. Omg. It's so embarrassing. Thank y-you hyung. I'll wait fo-"

 

"He left with mom to America." 

 

"W-what?" 

 

"Are you still home? I'll come over okay? Calm down." 

 

"You're just joking. Jihyun is on his way-"

 

"Jungkook-"

 

"No! This is not funny! He said he will pick me up!"

 

"Jungk-" He didn't let the older finish and throw his phone to the wall in front of him. He also grab the flowers and stomp on it. Screaming and throwing everything around him that his hands can grab.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Jungkook!" 

 

"Jungkook open the door!" It's been 5 minutes now since Jimin arrived but the door remained locked. Then he remember the duplicate that is hidden on the pot below their window. Jimin is hoping its still there. He sigh in relief when he saw the key. When he open the main door, its a mess. Pillows, vase, picture frames, clock, and some other things is scattered on the floor.

 

"J-jungkook?" He called and moves carefully to avoid the broken glass. Then a whimper, follow by sobs. There he is, his little bunny boy. His childhood best friend. Jeon Jungkook crying his eyes out, hugging himself. Jimin can see the broken petals and stems on the floor near him.

 

"Oh Jungkook." He whispered and rush towards the younger. He hug him and let him cry on his shoulder.

 

"Hyu-hyungie.." 

 

"Shhhh. It's fine. You will be fine. Hyung is here.. shhh" 

 

 

 

 

 

Why did Jihyun left? Mrs. Park got a big job opportunity in America and she can't just let it go. Mr. Park agreed after some talk to him with his son's. But with one condition, one of his son's will come with her. Jihyun is the one who volunteer and said he will go with his mom surprising the three of them. They asked what will happen to his studies and his relationship with with Jungkook but he lied and said Jungkook already knew about that and they broke up. Jimin doesn't know that, he actually hates his brother for doing this.

 

"He just left. Just like that. Like I am nothing to him."

 

"I didn't know Jungkook, If only I know I will stop him." 

 

"It's fine. Maybe I am not enough for him anymore. I used to be all over him in the past but recently I was so focus on school maybe he-" Jimin put his hands on Jungkook's cheeks.

 

"Don't say that. I'm not saying this because he is my brother, but I know he has his reasons. And you are more than enough for him. You are perfect Jungkook." Perfect for me he wants to add but didn't. He sigh.

 

"How about this. When mom call us when they arrived, I will tell Jihyun to call you. You think you can talk to him?" He asked.

 

"My phone broke." Jungkook said fingers pointing on where he throw his phone. Jimin control himself not to laugh. 

 

"I will tell him to call me, I will let you use my phone." 

 

 

 

 

 

Jihyun called a week after his brother talk to him. Jimin told Jungkook to meet him after school so he can talk to Jihyun. Jungkook's father bought him a new phone but he doesn't want Jihyun to call him directly so he asked Jimin if he can use the older phone.

 

Now, they are seated on a bench inside the park near their school. They enjoyed their snacks and the view around them. Then Jimin's phone finally rings. "Hyunie" both of them can see the called i.d, Jimin look at him silently asking Jungkook if he will answer or not. Jungkook nods and put his snacks on the table in front of them. 

 

"Jihyun. Yeah, he is with me. Okay." He heard Jimin said and then a phone is in front of him.

 

"Hi."

 

"Kook."

 

"Yeah."

 

"I'm sorry. I'm really sorry Kook." Jihyun's voice crack.

 

"Why. Why did you left me?"

 

"I need to. I need to do that for us to be happy. Really happy." 

 

"What do you mean? We're happy!"

 

"We are not Jungkook. Be honest for once in your life!"

 

"W-what?"

 

"You don't love me. You loved someone else, that's why I left. I want you to be honest to yourself and love who you love. And it's not me." 

 

"What do you m-mean? I love you! Don't tell me that I don't because It's n-"

 

"You love Jimin hyung for years now! You love him even before I asked you on a date. You love him even if you're in a relationship with me! Don't ing lie to me because I saw your notes in your computer!" Jihyun's loud voice can also be heard by Jimin that made him flinch and stare at Jungkook, who got pale and tears already running down his cheeks. His next words made Jihyun sobs louder. 

 

 

 

 

 

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. It was just supposed to be a teenage crush. That's all and it's start to be something. But Jihyun listen to me, believe me that I do love you. I love you hyunie, that is real. I know it is." 

 

"I know. I felt it. God Jungkook of course I know and I'm really lucky and thankful. But I just, I can't keep doing this. Everytime we are with him, I just... I can see how you look at him Jungkook, when he got sick once you cancelled on me just to take care of him and remember our first fight? You started arguing because of the tone I use to him, and it's just got me thinking. I am not needed there anymore. I need to go and just let you two." Jinhyun said.

 

"Jihyunie.. You should have told me." Jungkook whispered.

 

"I know and I'm sorry I didn't."

 

"No. I'm sorry for not loving you as much as you love me. I'm really sorry." Jungkook cries.

 

"Shhh. Stop crying my Jungkookie. Now do me a favour." Jihyun said.

 

"W-what?" 

 

"Confess to hyung. Show him your notes and confess." 

 

" no. Not happening." Jungkook said wiping his tears away.

 

"Uh huh. You know I can just talk to him." Jihyun said and Jungkook look at Jimin for a second and sigh.

 

"Fine. Hyunie."

 

"Hmn?"

 

"I love you Jihyun. I'm sorry and Thank you." Jungkook whispered smiling a bit. 

 

"I love you too. I'm sorry I am not strong enough, Thank you for loving me. I'll see you next time. Kookoobun." Jihyun said chuckling a bit to lighten the mood.

 

"Best friend?" 

 

"Best friend."

 

Jihyun and Jungkook used to be boyfriend's.

 

Yeah.

 

They used to be.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A year after.

 

"Omg. I'm so nervous." 

 

"Can you calm down?! You're making me nervous too!" 

 

"But Tae! What if he didn't agree?"

 

"ing hell. Trust me! I'm his bestfriend. If  I say he-" Taehyung and Jungkook's little conversation interrupt by Yoongi.

 

"Babe. He will be here in 5." 

 

"Already?! Omg."

 

"Ok! Thanks babe! Come on Kook! Inhale...Exhale. Just do it three times and lets go." Taehyung said showing the younger how to do the breathing exercise. Jungkook followed him and grab the bouquet on the couch. 

 

"Okay lets go." He said and left TaeGi's room. They have decided to do a mini Valentine Party in Yooongi's place since last week is Taehyung and Yoongi's anniversary. "Double celebration! Our Anniversary and Valentines Day! Its fun!" Taehyung said. Hopefully, there will be another celebration.

 

"Calm down Jungkook! I can see you literally shaking!" Hoseok said laughing a bit, although its awkward that he is here because he is Jimin's ex he is still a friend. Jungkook and Hoseok first met when they pick up Hoseok from the airport, both of them instantly got close after talking.

 

"Can you shut up Hoseok. Don't mind him Kook, it will be fine." Namjoon said patting the youngers knee to calm him a bit. The the door opened. 

 

"Hello my lovely kids!" 

 

"Jin hyung! Jiminie!!!" Taehyung greeted already jumping to Jimin just to hug him. Namjoon also stood up to hug his fiance. While the others just says "Hi" and wave.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Hi bunny boy." 

 

"Hi. How's class?" 

 

"As usual. Graduating is hard I'm so tired, I'm giving you a warning." 

 

"Awh. My poor Jiminie. How about I give you something? Will that cheer you up?" Jungkook asked smiling ear to ear when Jimin nods excitedly. He exhaled and reach for the flower bouquet hidden behind him. Around them are their friends who is also smiling. 

 

"Omg. What is this for-Did I forgot something important today? Wait. Why did you gave me this? I don't have anything for you as a valentine gift." Jimin asked taking the bouquet from Jungkook's hands.

 

"No~ but, I want to have something we can celebrate on this date other than valentines." Jungkook said.

 

"What is it?"

 

"Jiminie... I know, I am the one who told you to take it slow after I confessed and show my notes to you. I also know that even if we started to go out on a date 8 months ago, we didn't really put any labels on what we have." 

 

"Jungkoo-"

 

"No let me finish. I know you did that for me. You try your best to spend time with me even if school is busy, you're always there for me when I need you. You always understand me when I'm moody." Jungkook said and smile making Jimin smile too. He grab Jimin's hand and squeeze it.

 

"Talking to Tae, I realize how much you did for me. How much I want to do something for you too. So... Jimin. Jimin I'm ready." With that Jimin's eyes widened and tears started to form in his eyes.

 

"Today is Valentines Day. Hearts Day. So I am here, giving you my whole heart. I hope you will take care of it. I hope you can accept it. Will you be my boyfriend, hyung?" Jungkook is in tears when he finish his words, he stare at Jimin to have his answer but then Jimin jump on him and hug him tight. Jimin ended up seated on Jungkook's lap, crying on the youngers neck. Taehyung, Hoseok and Jin is also crying.

 

"You need to answer hyung. I need to hear it." Jungkook said then Jimin look at him in the eyes. He smiled. His famous eyesmile.

 

"Yes. Of course, Yes. 100% yes! I will take care of you and your heart, I promise. I love you. I love you so much Jungkook." 

 

"You l-love me?"

 

"Idiot. Why will I continue to go on a date with you if not. I know I just told you that I like you. But, I got to fall in love with you. I. Love. You." Jimin said giving Jungkook's cheeks, forehead and nose a peck with each word.

 

"I love you too." Jungkook said and pull Jimin in a real, passionate, sweet kiss..

 

Jimin and Jungkook used to be best friends. 

 

Yeap. That's right.

 

Used to be. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

". I'm still crying."

 

"Shut up. Now they are making out. On my ing couch." 

 

"Let them be babe! Omg I'm so proud of them."

 

"Why didn't you ing asked me like that, Namjoon. Jimin is so lucky."

 

"Excuse me?! May I remind you. You jump on me when you saw me the first time, telling me to date you!" 

 

"The , Jin hyung?!"

 

"I'm old and desperate, fight me!"

 

======================================