Flowers for my boss

I know you're my boss, but these flowers are for you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hi everyone, and happy Valentine’s Day. It’s been a really long time since I wrote jeti but I figured why not try and write some. Especially since it's Valentine’s Day. Hwang Tiffany has a crush on her boss Jung Jessica and is determined to find her flowers for the special day.


 

Hwang Tiffany was running late. It’s unlike her to be late for work as she is a complete perfectionist who likes to have herself in order. She is the person who sets her alarm to get up and out of bed. She is the woman who has her outfit planned ahead of time for the following work day. Hwang Tiffany is not the person who runs late for work. But there is a first time for everything, or so the saying goes. The dark-haired woman runs into the company building and to the first elevator she sees. Tiffany looks at her phone and sees she’s actually not as late as she first thought.

 

“Phew…” she sighs in relief and hurries out the elevator and to her desk. She sits down to catch her breath and is moments from turning on her computer when the sound of the elevator alert her. Tiffany freezes immediately at who she sees. The most beautiful woman she has ever laid eyes on. The brunette with cat-like eyes, regal nose, and thin lips that gives off a royal vibe. Jung Jessica is a stunning, beautiful, and gorgeous woman. Jung Jessica takes her breath away. Jung Jessica is her boss. The brunette walks in with coffee cup in hand, crisp white blazer, and pinstripe pants. Looking as if she probably came off a runway.

 

“Morning, boss.” Some of the workers say to her. Jessica is heard saying a soft good morning back and keeps going to her office. Hwang Tiffany has only had a crush on this woman for the last 3 years of working here. She is honestly rather hopeless for Jessica. It is quite unprofessional that she does have this massive crush. Tiffany knows it’s probably unwise to like this woman who issues her check and whom could very well be involved with someone. She simply can't help how she feels. This year Tiffany has decided that she will do something about it. She can’t let another year go by without Jessica knowing how she feels.

 

“I could be fired. But it could be worth it.”

 

Tiffany is barely started with her day when someone leans up against the desk. She knows who it is as it can be only one person.

 

“Hey, Fany. Did you know that you were about 3 seconds late to work.” Her close friend Kwon Yuri teases her. Tiffany looks up at the tanned woman who is grinning down at her. One of the main reasons why she took this job was because her close friend worked here too. Tiffany thought that it would be a good idea to work with someone she could trust and count on. Of course Yuri is a really good friend when she’s not teasing her relentlessly.

 

“Good morning, Yul.” The dark-haired woman smiles politely at her.

 

“Good morning. Did you know that you were just three whole seconds late today. Boss Jung would be terribly disappointed in you.”

 

Yuri also knows that she has a very massive crush on their boss. It’s another reason why she should have rethought working with her friend.

 

“Will you shut up! Her office is right over there.” Tiffany points in the direction of the see through glass doors that lead right to Jessica’s office. Tiffany herself has only been in that office a handful of times. Yet she never forgot the amount of white. It was like stepping into heaven or something with how white everything was. Her blinds, carpet, and couches. But there was also a bit of a homey feel to it in a way. Tiffany can still remember the mug of tea sitting on her desk. The candy jar too that had chocolates and caramels in them. A family photo of herself with her mom, dad, and sister.  It gave the boss a sort of human look to her. Because at first glance Jessica has a cold demeanor that can scare people. Tiffany always had the feeling that is not really the case. She knows there is more than what meets the eye when it comes to her boss.

 

“You know what, Fany. I think you should try your luck with her. It’s going to be Valentine’s Day soon. Anything is possible.”

 

“What are you doing for Soo?” Tiffany asks about Yuri’s girlfriend Sooyoung. Yuri answers that she’s cooking her dinner and before she can continue on they see Jessica coming out of her office. The tanned woman leaves quick because their boss doesn’t necessarily like when people are hanging around and not looking like they’re working. Tiffany focuses back on the computer. Her eyes do travel to Jessica for a moment. She looks stressed but of course she is as she is their boss and head of the company. It’s another thing that Tiffany admires about her boss. She is a self-made woman who built her own company on her own. What’s not to admire? Tiffany doesn’t need Yuri to tell her to take a chance. She’s going to take a chance anyway. The only thing is what to give her boss? She has a few days to figure it out.


 

The next day at work Tiffany thinks of a way to ask her boss without truly asking her. The dark-haired woman has noticed certain things about Jessica over the years. Outside of the fact that she clearly loves the color white. Tiffany has noticed that Jessica likes to read. She has seen her boss with novels and reading them when she does take breaks. Tiffany knows for a fact Jessica loves music. Sometimes when she’s leaving work late she can hear music being played from Jessica’s office. A lot of different types but some American music that has Tiffany reminiscing of home. It’s something they have in common the fact that they are both originally from the US.

 

“Ms. Hwang?”

 

Tiffany is so busy zoning out that she doesn’t hear her name being called. Jessica stands there with a slight frown on her face.

 

“Ms. Hwang?”

 

Tiffany swears now she heard her name. It sounded a lot like Jessica. It couldn’t have been her boss, right? The same boss that’s calling her right now.

 

“I don’t like being ignored by my staff, Ms. Hwang. Are you alive in there?”

 

“Huh!” The dark-haired woman jumps some in her seat when she finally comes back to reality. She does indeed see Jessica who is standing there looking at her expectantly. Tiffany nods in apology and focuses her attention to her boss.

 

“Yes, Ms. Jung?”

 

“I’m here to give you an assignment. I want you to head up a small team and come up with a good plan for moving forward with one of our cosmetic products.”

 

“Oh…” Tiffany knows she’s got to be blushing. Jessica is that confident in her to ask her to lead a team. If that doesn’t give her some confidence then nothing will. She thanks her boss for the assignment and without another word Jessica leaves or she tries to when Tiffany calls out to her.

 

“Um, Ms. Jung?”

 

“Yes, Ms. Hwang?” She turns to her with a semi bored and serious expression. Until meeting Jung Jessica Tiffany never knew anyone could look both bored and serious in one moment.

 

“Do you…” Tiffany loses her nerve.

 

“Do I…”

 

“Um, never mind. Have a good day, Ms. Jung.”

 

“You too.”

 

Tiffany mentally facepalms as she still didn’t ask Jessica anything. She’s simply going to have to take a chance here and hope for the best. Because one thing for sure is she can’t go another year without telling Jessica how she feels about her. It is when Tiffany is in the middle of checking emails when an idea hits her.

 

“Flowers!” The dark-haired woman tells herself. She will get Jessica flowers. It’s a normal gift and who doesn’t like flowers? Tiffany decides she’s going to get flowers for Jessica and take a chance. No one gets anywhere without trying. There’s a huge possibility that it can go badly. Her boss may be displeased and god help her if she ends up fired. Either way it’s worth a try. She doesn’t notice it but there is someone watching her curiously. Jessica has noticed lately that Tiffany has been a little off. Hwang Tiffany is one of her best workers. She is hardworking, dedicated, and usually very focused. Jessica is assuming there is probably something personal going on with the woman, and she’ll probably be back to her regular self soon.

 

Tiffany at the moment is typing something and then she smiles. It’s the way she smiles that has always caught Jessica’s attention. She has this gorgeous eye-smile that seems to brighten up her entire face. Jessica has told herself to not get too affected by such a smile. What good would it do to be affected in such a way by one of her employees. With that being said Jessica isn’t blind. Hwang Tiffany is a beautiful woman and she can see that clearly.

 

“No,”  the brunette shakes her head. “You have a company to run and Hwang Tiffany should be the last thing on your mind.”


 

It’s what Jessica tells herself. She goes about her work day as usual. She thinks Tiffany is the furthest thing from her mind as she signs documents, makes business related calls, has meetings with other board members, and even as she breaks for lunch. Jessica thinks she is doing a good job of not having her mind on Tiffany. The CEO thinks this up until the moment she’s sitting to dinner later on with her younger sister Soojung. Soojung has been in America for awhile but is currently back in South Korea for a bit, and they are finally able to sit to a meal after what’s been a long time. Their conversations are casual at first as they discuss what has been going on in their personal lives. All is well until Soojung asks her if there’s anyone special.

 

“W-What?” Jessica looks up from her food as soon as she hears the question. Soojung repeats the question to which Jessica answers that there’s no one. Her sister looks at her with a questioning gaze.

 

“Really, sis?” Soojung looks as if she doesn’t believe her.

 

“Yes, really. I have no time for anyone special in my life honestly.”

 

It is true. Jessica is a very busy woman who’s running a company with other locations. She doesn’t even properly have the time to see her family, as much as she would like. There is such little time to dedicate to her hobbies outside of work. There will be no time for anyone special for a romantic relationship. At least not right now.

 

“You hesitated, sis. Is there someone?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter