One Shot

By My Side

Drip Drop,
The teabag had been dumped into the boiling water, shimmering and bubbling, fragrance aroma of his favourite tea could be smelt through the kitchen. The flavour of the tea secretly sipping into the water dying it brownish, "voila" was what he said when it’s done.

Standing alone leaning across the kitchen counter longing for his touch is what he craved every day, but there's no turning back after what had happened. His love has gone far beyond the horizon of the line for the living, death. That night when the news strikes Hyungwon, he took it in calm, but no one knew, it was calm before the day where nightmares unfold. The reporter voice echoes inside his head til now.
"Good evening, this is an emergency broadcast about the aircraft flying from Korea to England had been crashed landed halfway throughout the journey. 7 casualties had been spotted on the ocean surface and to the rescue. Unfortunately, there were 1 passed away which goes by the name Lee Wonho, which we manage to collect a part of his body from the ocean which could probably be him and the DNA result had just been confirmed on 6pm in Korean timeline that it is Lee Wonho who had passed away in the plane crashed..."
The volume had been turned down, Hyungwon layback on the sofa with his hand covers his eyes, tears flowing down, wetting the back of his hand.
"Hyung, I miss you so much, can you come back to me? I am not ready to let you go, I recorded the broadcast of your news, hoping that there's some mistakes so that I can persuade myself that you are still there, but...but...the news....nnews...seems...so surreal...that...there's no mistake at all." 

Laying there on the sofa, covering in his blanket with his scent still lingering behind, with his tea on the coffee table could not help Hyungwon. He still locking himself up, shutting himself out from his friend, although his friend visits him day by day. No answer or reply even questions left there hanging, his friends could not pull him out until one day Jooheon, brings someone to his apartment to check up on him.

"Voila, the tea is perfect!"
Changkyun, that someone had this similar threat of the deceased young lad, brings Hyungwon back from his zombie life. His attire, his round glasses, his dyed hair, and his piercing all brings out him. Sometimes, Hyungwon wonder whether is it true that there would be another person for him to loved again, rather than aching his heart for wonho, where he thought that the dying part of his chest, thumping hard again as if collision between the line of love.
"Wonho ah, I miss you." 
The longing words for Wonho left his mouth, while back hugging Changkyun whom was preparing the daily dose of medicine for Hyungwon, things changed. Changkyun could not hold back the love for his hyung anymore. He loves his hyung more than anything, not from the day that they met at his hyung's apartment but before that. It was the day that he saw his hyung went to his tea shop to purchase the box of tea that his lover loves so much, it was the same day that his lover died in the plane crashed. 16 years of unrequited love for his hyung, his hyung could not let go.
"Hyung, I prepare this tea every day for you is not because I saw you make it every day and after that leaning on the kitchen counter as if someone is enjoying the tea with you. It is because I hope one day I am the one that will enjoy this tea with you."
"Hyung, I wear stripes button up is not because I saw you kept all his stuff inside the boxes in your bedroom and sometimes taking it out and hugging it to calm you down with his lingering scent on the clothes, it is because that I want you to know that I'm here, no matter what, I want you to know you can lean on my shoulder whenever you feel like you want some comfort."
"Hyung, I dyed my hair not because of Wonho hyung dyed his hair multiple colours to impress you, get laughed at and now whenever you look through the photo album you laugh or chuckle on the photo like you are sick of it but it is because of I want you to know that I'm here to cheer you up too."

" Hyung, what else do I need to do so that you can trust me and let me love you, hyung, can I be the cup of tea that is yours forever?"