Valentine's Day is Banned

Stupid Cupid
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I want you too know that I love you”

“I love you too”

“Will you be my forever? I would like to spend my life together with you”

“Yes of co----”

“Mom can you please volume down whatever you are watching!” I shouted from my room, gosh it’s only 6 in the morning.

“I am sorry sweetie” My mom apologize as she open the door of my room “Anyway, you better get ready. It’s time for you to get up and organize yourself now. Your dad and I will be leaving now, as we have a date to go” pathetic, even the this old couple have a date to go to 

“Be good on this day okay? Love you baby” My mom said giving me a kiss on the cheek before going out

I yawn lazily, stretching my limbs as I look at the window. The sun is up in the sky, symbolizing that’s a brand new day have came. And it’s also the start of the honking of the vehicles that are occupying the road, the noises from the neighbors that are so irritating to hear. But what is the most stupid and irritating thing to be heard in this day is the love songs, those stupid love songs.

Sitting up to look carefully at the calendar, hoping that I am just having some kind illusion about what day it is. Will I am not hallucinating, because it’s definitely the day that the stupid cupid will hunting his stupid preys.

February 14, the day that the stupid cupid will shot arrows to people’s hearts and they will end up broken hearted again. Everybody is stupid enough to believe in Valentine’s day, pathetic.

I was about to get up when the alarm I set finally rung, I reach out for it and smash it on the wall

“I know! I know so shut up” I yelled at the broken alarm “stupid alarm clock!” hissing at the unmoving before going back to bed because nothing special about this day. Well except the fact that cupid is stupid.

“Yah Bom ah! Wake up now, come on!” Eunji, my best friend enter the door without knocking

Great! Another interruption come at a wrong time. Can they just leave me all alone?

“F**k off! I’m not in the mood” I glared at her

“Come on, you need to go with me” this persistent er

“What do you want!” can’t they just leave the hell out of me

“It’s Valentine’s day bit**! We need to buy things for our girls” she said excitedly

“Get out off here! Leave me alone! Go to Hayoung, you two are love fools” I said covered myself with the blanket

“Come on! Don’t be a kill joy! It’s time for you to change your view on Valentine’s day. Stop that “I’m too cool for this” egoistic self of yours. Be romantic Bom ah! That’s why you always left behind because you have allergy I’m sweet things!”

“Can you just get the hell out off here!? Stop recruiting me on you idiotic plans! I AM NOT GOING ANYWHERE!!” I yell at her face

An hour later

“F**k you Jung for blackmailing me! I will get you soo—”

“Can you please stop mumbling to yourself unnie? People are looking at you weirdly! It’s Valentine not Halloween, stop looking like a witch who looks like saying some curse” Hayoung the other pathetic romantic idiotic person, said

“I don’t care about your thoughts, because I am indeed cursing you both!” why can’t they just leave me alone? They can just go by their selves, why does they have to drag me all along!?

“I can’t believe that you despise this holiday, your worse than the past years. Perhaps it’s becau----”

“SHUT. THE. F**K. UP” I glared at her

.”Okay okay! Just don’t curse me witch”

“I don’t need to put you in a curse because it can’t affect a devil like you” I countered back

“Are you arguing again?” Eunji ask confusedly

“Are you done?” I ask ignoring her question

“Almost, I needed a stuff toy first. How about you Hayoung?”

“Yes, but I am planning to buy a card for the letter soon”

“That’s sweet” Eunji squeals

“What is sweet in that? Maybe if you just buy chocolates which has the connection of sweetness duh~? I said sarcastically

“Oh right I forgot about that!” Hayoung said knocking slightly her head

“That’s so cool Bom ah! You have the Valentine’s spirit on you now!”  Eunji show me her thumbs up

“ The heck!? It not what I mea---”

“Lets go Hayoung ah and buy that sweets” Eunji said dragging the now jumping Hayoung with here. I just wanna get home, away from them.

F***! It’s going to be a long day.

After the hell like shopping with this love sick fools, we finally go back in my house. It’s irritating to see the shopping mall decorated with so much red and some freaking heart. I

t’s not even look like a real heart! They should display a f***king replica of hearts, then maybe some fake blood running out of it, and put a slogan beside saying “Happy Valentine’s day everyone, where your hearts will be pulled and claim by someone, who will left you heartless or maybe dead”, then that would make it a lot more interesting.

“Hey Bom ah! You also got the things for this day! See Hayoung ah, our friend here already feel the presence of this season” Eunji said dramatically

I show her them my hateful glare as my hearing darkened of what they told. What's with this humans!?

“Shut up, stop saying nonsense! And can you tell me now, why now!? You could have just buy what you needed  yesterday or the day before but you have to do it now  and freakin disturb me!”

“Because we want you to feel the presence of this day. We want you to learn how to be roma---”

“Shut up Eunji! Please go home you two” I said pushing them out

“B-but Bom ah you need to---- wait!” I slam the door on their faces before they can say something

“We will wait for you at school Bom ah!!! We have an event there!!” I heard them knocking on the door

Why can’t they leave me alone? Why can’t they just give up like how she did to me? F**cking day for making me feel like this. Stupid Cupid for shooting arrows everywhere.

I looked at the items I brought out of nowhere, should I go to that event? It’s such a waist of money if I can’t use them! Why did I even buy such things!? Maybe it’s time for me to experience things like this. Gosh! Just by thinking about it, am having a disgusting feeling. 

I never want to attend this kind of romantic, stupid events but I can’t let them think that I am being pathetic for staying at my room, sulking at the alone time I am experiencing.

Time pass with me doing nothing, how can I? When all I see on the TV is a love story playing on, and even on my phone a lot of freaking couples posting like a hormonal teenagers. Heck! You’re going to break up soon!

Typing my status on my social medias, saying “I hope that the stupid Cupid will shoot you on your brains, so that you can think normally and realized that love brings pain!”

I sigh and look at around my room, I never like Valentine’s day but I don’t hate it actually not until this year come where she chooses to leave me behind saying “I want to experience better than this, even if you don’t want celebrating it. Maybe I should find someone who like Valentine” And f**king yes! Call me bitter, but I don’t care.

I heard my phone ring and I pick it up without looking at the caller because honestly it’s just the two idiots who will annoy me to my limitations.

“Bom ah! We are waiting for you in the front of the gate of school” Eunji was heard shouting on the line

“Unnie, come on now! I am so excited!' Hayoung also shout like she just witnessed some exciting show.

“Can you please volume your voice down?” I answered annoyed “I’ll be there in an hour” I decided to go before hanging up not waiting for their answers or more like objections.

Wearing a simple white shirt and a ripped jeans with a pair of white sneakers. Well, nothing especial to dress up good anyway, so this one will do.

Let’s get ready the things that needed for Valentine’s day.

Pencil – check
Letter – check
Chocolates – check
Balloons - check
Speakers – check
Roses – check
Stuff toy – check

Good to go.

I lazily walk to where my friends ask me to meet them, why does my personal life affect them that much anyway? It’s not like they would spend it with me! Heck, sometimes friends can be a life ruined.

Arriving in the front gate where my friends waiting for me with their loves. Great, I am the national fifth wheeler. of being me.

“Bomi unnie!” Namjoo squeals seeing me as she run and give me a hug “You come, finally” she smiled and pull me to the group

“Finally after what seems forever” Eunji said sarcastically

“You finally convinced her to come huh? And Bom unnie, so seem well prepared” Naeun said smiling at me as she saw what I am holding on to.

“Of course, I wouldn’t missed a chance” I said smirking while looking at the items I prepared

“Are you ready for this day guys!?” Eunji ask receiving a giggles from everyone, well except me of course. She then continue by saying:

“Valentine’s day! The most exciting and lovely day for couples. The day where---”

“Saint Valentine died and people just celebrating his f**king dead” shrugging as I watch their expectations change from being excited to shock 

“W-What did you just said?” Hayoung ask me as if I have said the most tragic story she would ever hear

“Didn’t you heard me? The day that Valentine died and probably Cupid too, if he accidentally shot his arrows wrongly and backfire to him” I reply like it’s the most normal thing to say “So he would know how it’s hurt to shot people without them expecting, making them falling in love and leave them with a broken heart” And gosh! I am being melodramatic again but still I smirk at my speech.

“Let’s pretend that we didn’t hear that. By the way, where is Rong unnie?” Namjoo ask looking around making my smirk disappear. Did she just ask where is -----

“Look at the time, Naeun ah let’s go visit the stools” Eunji drag Naeun with her

“Joo unnie I have a surprise for you, come on” Hayoung said hurriedly walks away pulling Namjoo

And here I am trying my best to forget her, just to be reprimanded again like nothing happens with both of us. I hate life! This is Cupid’s fault!

And now I am alone! Why did I bother to come, really you are stupid Yoon Bomi! I will kill that two later for inviting me in here and leaving me alone.

I am walking aimlessly around the campus when a figure catch my vision. Wow she looks good in her red dress, maybe just maybe Valentine’s is not that bad. I was about to approach her when I saw a guy put his arms in her shoulder and give her a rose. Oh great! F**king great! She really found someone to spend her Valentine’s day. Pathetic me! Valentine’s day is nothing good!

I was about to look away when our eyes meet, I saw how her expression change to a shock one as if seeing a ghost. Yes, Chorong unnie I am brave enough to be in this occasion now. She look at my hands that’s holding a various items that connected to Valentine’s day.

She was about to walk to me when the guy pull her to somewhere else which she willingly complies not after looking at me sharply. Now what? After leaving me behind you will f**king go with a guy!?

Since my day is ruined, let’s make others day too.

Walking again to the booth where you can see couples being too sweet for my likings I pulled the chocolates from my bag. Time to do the plans.

“Its time for you to be useful” I said before biting it

I locked my gaze at a guy wearing a beautiful and neat white shirt while is holding his girl's hand who is busy looking at her phone. Well let just say that I am not allowing this day end without making others feel what I am feeling. And his shirt is too clean for my likings.

I walk to him, acting like I accidentally stumbled and wipe the chocolate on his white shirt. Bulls eye!

“What do you think you’re doing!? Look at my shirt!” he said angrily, trying to wipe the shirt he is wearing. Wow, I can be a painter! Look at that canvas!

“Well if you are just looking at where you are going, not focusing on how to f*** your girl later then this will not happen” I said walking away blocking his cursing as I wear my earphones. Nice one Bomi, good job! 

Next target, who could be the luck one? I scanned the surrounding and there she is! The perfect target! A girl holding a heart shape balloon. Great! A lovely heart shape balloon!

Smirking evilly, I walk towards the girl as I take the newly sharp pencil in my bag pocket. I passed by her normally and “poked” the balloon blown up. The sound of celebration! Another victory! I walk pass like nothing happen, leaving her wonder what did just happen. 

“Who could be my next victim?  Oh! I have a wonderful idea!” A idea pop out again from my mind as I run to the mini park of our school. Oh this is great, there at a lot of toxic couples in here. This is going to be a cool show.

Bringing my speaker out as I connected it on my phone. What could be a wonderful song to play for them? Oh! Of course this is the song that suitable for them. I smiled to my self and play it loud, really loud.

“I’m so sick of lying, you gotta know that” I sing along at the song earning a weirded look from the couples that are having a great time in the park. I am just being a good human being by showing them a free show, but why are they looking are me with a murderous glares? Well I don’t f**king care, I saw some of them walk away irritated and others just ignore me as the song goes on.

“So baby bye bye bye!” I shouted the final lyrics feeling satisfy at my victory.

My sight drifted to a couple that seems not bothered at my performance. Oh no! You shouldn’t ignore a person efforts. I walk to the couple and handling the girl balloon, the guys just look at me weirdly which I reply with a smile. 

The girl thank me with a smile and I just smirk at her pulling out again my sharp pencil and “poke” the balloon blown up with a flour pouring from her head. I clapped before running my speed off the scene as she yell at me.

“G-good job B-Bomi!” I praise myself at the outcome

I look around the are to see a couple sitting at the hallway, I go near them and kneel in front of the girl.

“Can I help you?” the girl ask me which I replied with a smile and handed her the roses

“Excuse me, but we are having a date” the guy said which I ignore casually

“What is this Miss?” Ask the girl again

“That roses is symbolizing your love for each other” I said smiling at her

“Really? That’s so sweet of you” she said smiling too “but why roses”

“You see, they are plastic. Your love is plastic and fake and it’s everlasting means your pain is everlasting too” I said smirking evilly before leaving them with their jaw dropped. What a wonderful reactions as a price.

 “I have last two items to go” I think of where should I use them when an idea popped out on my mind “Of course! It’s time to get those two back!” I exclaimed before searching for my targets.

“Namjoo yah!” I greeted her excitedly

“Oh unnie! Hello” she said waving at me

“Get lost Bom unnie we are having a date here” Hayoung said sharply at me

“Too bad I am not planning to” I said before looking at Namjoo “Namjoo what is your favorite things” I ask her

“Why unnie are you going to buy me some?” she ask jokingly 

“Depends” I said playfully

“Well I like food, stuff toys, chocolates, ice cre—”

“Oh really!” I said cutting her off

“Yes” 

“You said you love stuff toys right?” 

“Yes” she smiled happily

“Unnie what do you want!?” Hayoung said annoyed

“Then why would Hayoung ripped this stuff toy's head that I planned to give to you?” I ask innocently

“You did what Oh Hayoung!” Namjoo shouts looking sharply at her lover

“I d-didn't, Yah unnie stop saying lies” she glared at me

“But you did” I said faking a sad face

“Hayoung” Namjoo said with a murderous aura

“U-Unnie I s-swear I didn’t d-do it” she answered nervously

“She did Namjoo” I said pulling the stuff toy up and showed the headless thing

“No! Why would you do that Hayoung!” Namjoo said and starts crying

“N-No unnie I d-didn’t--- please stop crying. Yah! Bom unnie, where are you going! Explain it to her!” Hayoung shouts hysterically as I walk away from the scene leaving her with a pissed girl.

Nice! One more to go!

“Hello Eunji! You too Naeunie!” I said as I sat next to them

“How is your day Bom ah?” My buddy ask me

“All good” I said

“See! I told you so, you just have to feel the presence!” she said smiling at me

“Hmm~ By the way Naeun ah,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter