anyone else but you.

lovefool

and im in love with how you feel, I dont see what anyone could see in anyone else, but you. 


 

Maybe it was the way Baekhyun would always flick his long fringe out of his eyes and proceed to blink cutely afterwards, but something about the boy always kept Chanyeol drawn to him. The way he would trace little circles on Chanyeol's arms before he fell asleep, the way he would twirl the ends of his hair while watching a movie, or how he would always scrunch his nose everytime Chanyeol made a remotely cheesy comment (which happened far more times than Chanyeol would like to admit). 

Chanyeol loved and knew all of the smaller boy's habits, and he loved every single one. Including when the boy would state how hungry he isn't is and then proceed to steal Chanyeol's food, but he didn't mind one bit. In fact, his favourite habit of Baekhyun's would be when the boy would go outside when it isn't cold and state how he isn't cold at all with a snarky "Chanyeol I can take care of myself thank you very much"  tone. Yet right after he makes the comment he would ask for Chanyeol's giant sweaters. The boy didn't mind at all. He loved how his sweaters would look like gowns on Baekhyun and how the other boy would purposely do this because he just loves Chanyeol's sweaters, and Chanyeol likes seeing him in them just as much. 

"You're staring again!" Baekhyun whines, huffing some more hair out of his face. The boy's gonna need a haircut soon at this rate. 

Despite Baekhyun's whining, Chanyeol continued to study his boyfriend. He wasn't sure how he got so lucky to be dating one of the warmest boys ever, but he couldn't help but smile his giant dorky smile everytime he saw the boy. His eyes fell to the boy's working hands, writing notes frequently. Chanyeol loved Baekhyun's hands, not only were they dainty and soft, but slender and warm too. With Baekhyun franticly copying notes from Chanyeol (who actually attends their English classes), this was a perfect opportunity for Chanyeol to admire the boy's hands. 

His favourite thing about them had to be when they would be tracing and connecting the dots of Chanyeol's freckles on his body. It calmed him, and often times even made him fall asleep. Baekhyun has a soft touch, and when they are sitting in Chanyeol's bedroom with the sunset shining on them, it is the perfect chance for Chanyeol to sit there in silence as Baekhyun traces nearly every inch of Chanyeol, which eventually causes both of their eyes to get heavy. 

Chanyeol snaps out of it, when Baekhyun flicks a piece of his eraser at him, "can you at least do something and get me a drink, Yeol?" Baekhyun blushes, noticing that Chanyeol was watching his hands work. The boy laughs and sits up, he didn't mind bossy Baekhyun either, he loved every Baekhyun. Making his way to the kitchen he can see the sun slowly setting, thankfully it is a Friday night, meaning he gets to go outside and see the stars with Baekhyun again. 

With a click, the water is poured into Baekhyun's glass. The perfect ice to water ratio, just as Baekhyun likes it, is set down on the table beside the smaller boy. Without saying anything, Chanyeol leaves a small kiss on his head and returns to his spot on the couch, resuming to his favourite past-time: admiring beautiful things. 

If there was one thing Byun Baekhyun wasn't confident about it would be his height. Frankly, Chanyeol likes towering over him. He likes how Baekhyun would hide his face when he blushes into his chest, or how they are the perfect height for Chanyeol to give the boy kisses on his head, Baekhyun often jokes that Chanyeol can see all his dandruff (which he doesn't have, since he takes great care of his hair.) For someone quite tiny, Baekhyun's personality makes him seem much taller and makes up for what the boy believes he lacks in height. 

"YA! Chanyeol! I can't get anything done with you staring!" Baekhyun groaned, rubbing his eyes. Chanyeol just snickers back, thats a lie. 

Baekhyun always finishes taking notes from Chanyeol, because he loves when Chanyeol admires him. He never says it vocally but he loves the attention his boyfriend gives him. Whether it be during class, when Chanyeol looks at him across the room flicking a pen between his fingers or looking at the boy's light pink lips. 

Chanyeol feels his cheeks heat up, Baekhyun's mouth, another part of Baekhyun he loves a lot more. He can never get enough of watching the small boy his lips and bite them while focusing on something intesnely (which is most of the time a video game or some homework.) A habit of the smaller boy's is to put his fingers in his mouth while thinking, something a lot of people always call him out on, but Chanyeol doesn't mind. 

Chanyeol can feel his eyes slowly getting heavy, the sleepiness approaching. This wouldn't be the first time Chanyeol got sleepy while admiring his boyfriend. It's common actually, the boy is so relaxing that its nearly impossible to not get so comfortable and sleepy around him. It makes him feel safe, and he knows Baekhyun is aware that he has that effect on him. 

In fact, Baekhyun has a lot of effects on the boy, even though Chanyeol doesn't like admitting it much. For instance, Chanyeol turns into a giant speechless and shy softie around the smaller boy, while at school he is a popular music kid, whos often hanging around large crowds and cracking some childish jokes in class. Looking at the couple many would assume that Baekhyun is the shy and soft one in the relationship, based on how much smaller he is and how much of a puppy vibe he gives off, but surprisingly it is his giant dumb boyfriend that turns into jell-o around the other boy. 

Baekhyun remains loud, outspoken and cheerful. Which is something that Chanyeol was always drawn to about the boy. Despite Chanyeol's efforts to quiet him down while playing video games at two in the morning, the boy's comeptitive side while always come out, therefore making Chanyeol's come out as well, and then leading them to getting kicked off and sent to bed (yes, even as seniors this happens). Chanyeol smirks at the memories of them having the whisper yell at eachother while playing mario kart together, laying further back into the couch and closing his eyes. Vivid memories coming back to him such as, "Chanyeol, how are you going to pick Link? I always pick Link!" or a "throw one more red shell and I will smash your switch." Regardless of the many threats Chanyeol's switch has gotten from the younger boy, he can't help but be obssesed more and more with the boy's presence.

If there had to be one thing Chanyeol would think about the most, it would have to be the boy's voice. Baekhyun had the smoothest voice, almost like honey (Chanyeol says almost, because the boy said it was so stereotypical and he wants to be more than that, yet Chanyeol hadn't figured out another endearing term because 'smooth like butter' just wasn't cutting it). Chanyeol smirks, recalling the few times where Baekhyun would sing in the library as they studied and no matter how quiet he would sing, the students would shush him, which leads the boy to be convinced they are simply jealous and not actually annoyed at the loudness. In the end, Baekhyun's voice is all the rings through Chanyeol's head at night and when he wakes up. 

Maybe Chanyeol is in love with the boy more than he thought he was (which, for the record, was already a ton), and he is more than okay with that. 


 

*Unedited atm and my first time ever writing fluff or ANYTHING in years.. pls forgive me hahah, I was going to make this aroud 5k words but take this 1.3k mess ;_____; it is 1am and I am sleepy and soft over the idea of highschool chanbaek being this gushy and cute.