Prologue

It'll be alright
Please log in to read the full chapter

Yena has never liked winter; days are colder, shorter and, most of all, depressing. The lingering steam from her, and the rest of the track team’s, hot showers makes her feel a little fuzzy in the head.

 

She groans as her sore muscles protest to her bending down to grab her sweaty track uniform, before stuffing it carelessly into her duffle bag. The locker room is empty, minus the disgruntled cleaning lady at the back, allowing Yena to mull over the happenings of today as she laces her shoes.

 

Eventually, the cleaning lady seems to have had enough of her, and shoos her out of the room as she gestures angrily at the large puddles created and sweaty towels left by the rest of the track team.

 

In the hallway, her track sweater does little to shield her from the biting wind seeping in from outside. The warmth from her hot shower just minutes before, has already began to dissipate. Jogging towards the main entrance, her duffle bag haphazardly thrown over her left shoulder, she comes to an abrupt stop.

 

In front of her stands the girl who she’s spent the better half of today searching for, but Yena tries to play it cool despite the sudden nervous drop of her stomach.

 

“Oh, Yuri-ah! I was looking for you after class, but then Goeun said you had already left. But I didn’t really believe her, but then I had practise, so I tried-”

 

“Let’s break up.”

 

Yena’s mind goes blank.

 

Yuri’s hair is loose and dotted with white snow, the tip of her nose ruby red; she looks absolutely ethereal. But

Please log in to read the full chapter