To be together with you, for your birthday

Happy Birthday, Kang Seulgi
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hi all. It’s Seulgi’s bday so of course I’m writing bday fics for her. I love this woman and she gets fics! Okay this takes place in the “Call me by my name” universe with blonde vamp Seul, so if you haven’t read that then you will be confused here. It’s basically gf Joohyun trying to figure out how old Seulgi is/when her birthday is so it’ll be cute and adorable I think. Enjoy and happy bday to our precious Seul ^^


 

It has been 1 year now since meeting the blonde vampire named Seulgi. Twelve months since feeling an overwhelming and powerful connection to the beautiful woman. 365 days of them growing closer and closer to what has led them to their eventual relationship. Seulgi had been reluctant at first to enter into a relationship and Joohyun didn’t understand it at the time. They had already been intimate with one another on more than one occasion. The two of them were also spending more time together too. Joohyun knew how strongly she felt for the vampire and was sure that Seulgi felt the same. It was why the human never gave up on them. Seulgi expressed to her that she was simply afraid. Joohyun remembers that conversation as if it was yesterday.


 

(Flashback)

 

It had taken hours of searching. The brunette thought for a moment Seulgi was gone forever but she didn’t truly feel that way. The human just knew in her heart that she was still here. They are connected to one another in such a way that Joohyun can feel her. It’s why Joohyun didn’t give up. She searched all the places of importance to them. The concert hall, the restaurant where Seulgi takes her from time to time after buying her that meal, the park where the vampire used to call to her with her music, and lastly but not least there is a specific lake. Joohyun had lived in this town all of her life but never knew about this lake as it’s on the side of town where supernatural beings live. Seulgi took her and it was the most beautiful sight she had ever seen. The lake itself was lit up in all sorts of bright and sparkling lights. The trees were different colors too and bearing different colored fruits. Joohyun had spent one of the most romantic nights of her life there with Seulgi under those stars. Maybe the vampire is there. Joohyun goes the way Seulgi took her before as it was the safest route. The blonde warned her of other beings some whom do not look kindly upon humans.

 

Of course if Seulgi were here she would feel a lot better. The thing that matters most is finding the vampire. She is being distant and that’s one thing Joohyun isn’t okay with. Not after everything they’ve been sharing. Not when Joohyun knows how she feels for Seulgi. The brunette catches the attention of some winged gargoyle it starts to chase her. Joohyun runs for the lake without looking back. The gargoyle is closing in on her but there is the firing of a crossbow and the gargoyle falls to the ground. Joohyun stops running and looks to the fallen gargoyle who is paralyzed from the bolt.

 

“Seulgi?” She whispers some. God does she hope that crossbow was fired from the vampire. She has been to Seulgi’s apartment before and knows the extensive amount of weapons the blonde has. Some of them are collectors items. Seulgi has a crossbow and it just has to be her. Only when Joohyun turns around she doesn’t see anyone. She doesn’t see but she feels Seulgi’s presence. It has to be the vampire only where is she? Joohyun turns and runs for the lake specifically that spot by the willow trees. It’s here she sees the blonde vampire. Seulgi is standing near the water in a white dress shirt, dark pants, dark combat boots, and that familiar one of a kind silver crossbow is by her side. Joohyun breathes an audible sigh of relief. She knew Seulgi was there. Why hadn’t she come out when the human called for her?

 

“Seulgi?” Joohyun whispers hesitantly. The blonde doesn’t even look back. It’s disappointing although not surprising. Seulgi has created distance for a little while now. Joohyun isn’t going to leave until she finds out why.

 

“Seulgi?” She asks a little louder. The slightly taller woman turns. Those bright crimson eyes meeting her chocolate orbs. It feels like too long now since seeing the woman she loves.

 

“Why have you come, Joohyun? This is not a place for you to be alone.”

 

“I know, but I couldn’t find you. I just knew you’d be here. I felt it somehow, and I wasn’t alone. You came to protect me, didn’t you?”

 

The vampire knows what she is saying as she too felt Joohyun enter to come to the lake. Seulgi had hoped Joohyun would forget about her and not seek her out. But this is Bae Joohyun and she is unlike anyone Seulgi has ever known in all of her existence.

 

“Go home, Joohyun. This is no place for you.”

 

“W-What?” The human doesn’t understand why Seulgi is pushing her away now. They have established how they both feel. The two of them know what they feel for one another is real and she’s not afraid of being with a vampire. Bae Joohyun is not afraid of Seulgi.

 

“I said to go home!” Seulgi bares her fangs then and there is a murderous gaze in those beautiful crimson eyes that Joohyun has not ever seen before. The brunette should be afraid but she knows in her heart why Seulgi is doing this. She grips her fist and walks closer to her.

 

“No, don’t do this! I am not afraid of you, so stop pushing me away. I care about you and I know you care for me.”

 

Seulgi sighs. “Go away. I won’t tell you again.”

 

Seulgi tries to turn to go but Joohyun walks to her and grabs her face. Seulgi’s pale skin is cold to the touch and Joohyun forces her to look at her.

 

“You’re being a coward. You are afraid of something and now you’re being a coward by pushing me away. Why can’t you say it to my face? Did you want to make sure to get me into bed once more before leaving me!”

 

“No.”

 

“Then what is it? I know you care about me.”

 

The blonde says nothing and it only frustrates Joohyun all the more. She cups Seulgi’s face gently into her hands.

 

“Tell me why you’re creating all this distance now so suddenly.”

 

“Joohyun?” She tiredly closes her eyes.

 

“Tell me why?”

 

“Because I don’t want to risk hurting you!” The usually calm vampire loses her composure. “I don’t want to hurt you somehow, Joohyun.” She whispers that part and touches the side of the human’s face. Joohyun blinks a few times as she does understand a bit more now.

 

“You wouldn’t hurt me, Seulgi. We’ve been spending a lot of time together and you have never once hurt me.”

 

“I am a creature, Joohyun. I am a vampire at the end of the day no matter how well spoken I am. I have fangs, ice-cold to the touch, and one wrong move I can hurt you. It terrifies me all the time of possibly causing you harm. You’re the most beautiful thing I’ve ever seen, Bae Joohyun. I don’t…”

 

“You will not hurt me.” Joohyun gently speaks. “You’re not just some creature. You’re the woman I’m falling in love with, and I know you feel the same. I’m not afraid of you Seulgi and I won’t let you give up on us.”

 

(End)


 

They had a deeper discussion after that where Seulgi had relayed to her all of her concerns which had been valid concerns. Joohyun understood it was new territory for her being in love with a human. She herself was adjusting to having a vampire lover at the time. Their need and love for each other could not be ignored and they managed to work things out. It’s a year now and Joohyun couldn’t have been happier with Seulgi and their live together. Currently the brunette is in bed at Seulgi’s apartment under the silk sheets. She reaches over for her vampire who isn’t beside her.

 

“Seul?”

 

Joohyun doesn’t think Seulgi had anywhere to be today. The question is answered when she hears a familiar violin being played. Joohyun gets out of bed and reaches for the purple robe she keeps here. She has quite a few things in Seulgi’s spacious apartment and enjoys spending time with the blonde here. Joohyun heads to the music and finds Seulgi in her music room back turned to the door. She is in only a sleeveless black shirt and her biceps are exposed. Joohyun walks closer and leaves a kiss to the back of her neck.

 

“I wondered why I woke up alone.”

 

“There was music in my head.” Seulgi turns to her with a smile and leans up to fully kiss her lips. Joohyun has never met a more talented person in her life. Seulgi told her sometimes the music just fills up her mind and she hears the notes in her head that need to be played. Seulgi has always told her that she is her biggest inspiration. The blonde is very romantic and sweet to her.

 

“The music in your head was more important than holding me?” Joohyun teases a little as she leaves a kiss to her forehead. Seulgi smiles some and carefully pulls the human to her lap so they are facing one another. Joohyun wraps her arms around pale shoulders.

 

“Good morning.” She whispers.

 

“Good morning, Joohyun.”

 

The brunette is glad she doesn’t have to be to work until this afternoon. It means she can spend her morning with her love. It has been a very good year for her.

 

“Are you hungry?” Seulgi questions. “I can make you breakfast.”

 

“A little. Are you?”

 

One thing that Seulgi expressed to her in those concerns was about her hunger. Seulgi is very much in control of said hunger. But she told the human that she feels a pull to her blood as it being called by it. Seulgi also said she will never have Joohyun see her feed to not scare her. She promised to never ever feed off her either. Joohyun tried to make the vampire understand that she accepted all of her no matter what.

 

“I’m fine, Joohyun. Let me make you breakfast.”

 

Joohyun agrees and follows the blonde into the kitchen. Before they started dating Seulgi never had a need to keep food in her refrigerator. She only kept certain things like wine, water, and other liquids. As well as her supply of blood packs for when she wasn’t feeding off something. Now that she has a human girlfriend who needs food Seulgi has taken to keeping items that Joohyun enjoys. Joohyun sits down at the kitchen island as she watches Seulgi cracking eggs and making rice.

 

“Hey, Seul?”

 

“Yes?”

 

“You’ve never told me about how you became a vampire. Were you turned?”

 

Seulgi looks up from what she’s doing. “No, I was made one by this ancient ritual many years ago. Vampires like me are considered originals or the first, pureblood.” Seulgi explains. “Do you want juice?” She changes the subject and the human can see she wants to not talk too much about how she came to be.

 

“Yes, please.”

 

Now that Joohyun knows how Seulgi become a vampire. It brings up another question. Something she has wondered but hasn’t ever asked.

 

“Seulgi, when’s your birthday?”

 

The crimson-eyed vampire stops her cooking for a moment to look up into chocolate eyes. There is a silence for so long that Joohyun is worried that something she said offended Seulgi.

 

“It’s unimportant now.”

 

Joohyun frowns some. She doesn’t think it’s unimportant. Seulgi is very important to her as she is the woman that she loves. Why can’t she tell her when her birthday is.

 

“You know mine.” Joohyun smiles some and gently pokes her cheek. “I’m your girlfriend and I would like to know when my girlfriend’s birthday is. Maybe I can do something special for her.”

 

The blonde smiles ever so slightly. Joohyun is possible the cutest person she has ever encountered. Perhaps Seulgi can have some fun with her.

 

“I am very old, Joohyun. That’s all you need to know.”

 

Joohyun sighs and Seulgi puts the plate of eggs and rice in front of her. She pours a glass of juice for her too.

 

“You’re not funny. I will find out when your birthday is.”

 

“There aren’t enough candles in the town to put on a cake for me, Joohyun.” She teases her again and that makes the human groan. She mutters something about “sassy vampires” before eating the food prepared. Seulgi grins some. The blonde thinks she will enjoy messing with her girlfriend.


 

Two days later when they are walking in town Joohyun points out how people are already preparing for Valentine’s Day. There is so much candy, flowers, reds and pinks that the vampire feels like her head is spinning. Both Sooyoung and Yerim would love this if nothing but for the reds and pinks. Seulgi noticed early on that Joohyun is a very physically affectionate person. It took the vampire by surprise to have someone so touchy with her. Joohyun teased before that she was simply trying to hug her not hurt her. With time Seulgi grew used to the physical affection and it doesn’t bother her to feel Joohyun side hug her. One of the brunette’s favorite ways to express her affections is through linked arms.

 

“Why won’t you tell me when your birthday is?” Joohyun questions softly as they walk through town. Seulgi had come to meet her at her job. There are times where Seulgi does come to her job and it usually causes a small frenzy. Her coworkers in particular whom are big fans of the Seulgi will often tease that they are the reason she landed the hot musician. In a way Joohyun supposes she does owe them some credit after all they gave her the ticket that let her go to the show. Her connection to the blonde is all their own. The couple come to a stop and Seulgi gently pushes some of her brown locks out of her face.

 

“Why do you wish to know, hm?”

 

“I want to celebrate it together. How old are you, really?”

 

Seulgi smiles before gently leaving a soft kiss on her forehead. “I’m as old as this town.”

 

“Seulgi!” Joohyun hits her in the arm and turns away with a slight pout. Seulgi simply wraps and arm around her and brings her closer.  

 

“Don’t worry about my birthday, Joohyun. It’s not important.”

 

The human doesn’t agree. She thinks Seulgi’s birthday is very important and she is determined to find out when. She thinks she will try her luck with Sooyoung and Yerim. Being apart of Seulgi’s life meant meeting her close friends whom the vampire said were more like family. Joohyun never forgot meeting the other vampires for the first time.


 

(Flashback)

 

Seulgi could tell her girlfriend was nervous. She understood why because it’s not everyday you just bring your human lover to meet your fellow vampires. The blonde walks over to her and wraps arms around the shorter woman.

 

“Joohyun you don’t have to meet them now if you’re not ready.”

 

Seulgi had been grateful that Joohyun wanted to meet her two best friends. It meant so much to the crimson-eyed woman that she was willing to meet other vampires. Although, Seulgi knew that Joohyun would not be in any danger because she trusts Sooyoung and Yerim more than anything.

 

“I’m just a little nervous. I do want to meet them.”

 

“Okay, don’t worry. They just want to see who it is that I’ve become so taken with. Hold my hand if you like.” Seulgi offers her hand to her to which the brunette takes right away. Holding hands with Seulgi can ease any nerves as long as she’s with her. They walk to the mansion and Joohyun tries not to freak out when the goblin man welcomed them. She is just now getting used to the fact there’s an entire supernatural side of town. Joohyun looks up when she sees a taller dark-haired woman with bright crimson eyes. She smiles warmly and is soon introducing herself.

 

“I’m Park Sooyoung and welcome to my home. You must be the human our Seulgi has become fascinated with. It’s nice to meet you.”

 

“Hi, it’s nice to meet you too. I’m...ah” Joohyun jumps when she feels someone behind her.

 

“Smells delicious,” Yerim smiles. “You’re the human.”

 

“Hon!” Sooyoung sighs and pulls her wife away from Joohyun. When she sees the blonde and cloudy honey-colored eyes Joohyun can see it’s because of blindness. Yerim apologizes and introduces herself too.

 

“Hi, I’m Yerim, sorry about scaring you, human.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter