final.

first day of my life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jungeun sits in the back sit of her dad's car, her earphones stuck in her ears as she select a random song of her playlist to listen along the way to the other city. They're going to visit her grandparents and she's not that excited, but she also doesn't have nothing else to do. Summer break is coming to an end and her friends are all travelling too, so it's almost a good idea to go to another place so she won't stay alone in her house anymore. 

The trip is five hours and a half long and when she wakes up from her nap, they're already in her grandparents door. Her mom calls her and Jungeun gets out of the car, going to give her grandma a hug. She does the same to her grandfather.

— Hey mom, dad. — Her father says as they are getting inside the house. The smell of food is really good and Jungeun thinks she's going to have a great time eating all the good food her grandma does. They talk a little about their lives, the girl's college (mostly because it's her first year) and minutes later she's already tired of all that conversation because it is following to a topic that she hates: boyfriends. 

It's been awhile since Jungeun knows that she's far from liking man. When she was in high school she fell in love for the first time. It was a cute girl with a big smile and a big heart. They even dated, but their relationship was slowly dying and the interest wasn't the same anymore. They decided to breakup, but to continue the friendship. The best choice, for sure.

She had liked other girls, but nothing that deep and most of the experiences weren't reciprocal. Because of that, the brunette became really skeptical about finding the right person. She doesn't believe in it anymore, to be honest.

When it's late that day her family announces that they're going to the city's great park where a party is being promoted by the Mayor. Jungeun can't believe she's going there with her grandparents and parents, but well, she doesn't really have an option. It's that or she's going to be hungry until the next day because they're going out mostly to eat. 

— We will come back soon, right? I'm already tired. — She whines and her mother gives her a reprehensible look. She takes a deep breath. It's going to be a long night. 

While they are on their way (they're walking because the park is near) Jungeun's mind travels to her college's subjects, Yerim's cat, Jiwoo's new dramatic romance, that girl from the Chemistry floor that almost put fire in everything, the year end's ball and if she closed her room's window because she's afraid that will rain in her city. 

That's the thing with the girl: her life is completely and absolutely normal. And most of all, nothing surprises her anymore. She's always thinking about others, about her friends and their hard moments, their problems, but when it's about her... There's nothing. And this whole situation makes she feels a bit anxious about the future. She always used to read those books where the main character lives a life full of adventures and experiences, but when she thinks about herself and how nothing never happens to her, she's sure she's a walking bored being. 

Her grades are regular, her relationship with her parents too. She drinks alcohol, not that much, she goes out with her friends and have fun, she laughs and she also cries sometimes, but everything ends up being the same at the end of the night and the feeling of emptiness takes over her chest. But she's ok with her life because there's nothing more to do then living it this way, because it's the only one. 

— Jungeun, are you listening to me? — her grandfather touches her shoulder and the girl wakes up from her thoughts. She shakes her head in agreement and notices that her parents aren't with them anymore. 

— Yeah, yeah. What's the matter? — she asks with a short smile. She tugs her hands in her jeans pocket.

— We're going to wait for the Mayor at the food table. There are a few sits there and me and my woman here can't stand in our legs anymore. Your parents went to visit the tents and buy decorations. You can go around and see if something interests you, too — he finally says and the girl smiles. Even though she thinks it's always boring to come to their city, she loves them. They're the most caring person she knows. 

— Ok, then. I'll meet you later. — It's all the younger says when she gives her grandparents her back. Yes, she does love them and a lot and she doesn't mind to spend time with them, but right now she isn't in the mood for talking. Her thoughts are far from there and she just wants to find somewhere peaceful to stay. 

It doesn't take long until she's sitting above a big tree. There are lights not far away from there, but even with the lightning it's pretty dark. She takes her cellphone of her pocket and checks her social medias. A few comments on Instagram, Jiwoo's rambling about her passion and the group chat screaming over their vacations. 

Everything's pretty normal. Well, what'd she would expect?

"Hey, do you think Sooyoung would like a flower or chocolates?" Jiwoo's conversation is the first the girl chose to answer.

"I don't know. Why don't you give both?"

"Hey, you're alive!!!!! And wow, that's a great idea." Jungeun smiles. It isn't that hard.

"You're so whipped you can't even think properly. You're a shame, Kim Jiwoo."

"Shut up, loser."

The girl then answers the gc, likes some comments on Instagram and opens her Twitter. She's all smiles and laughs while reading those absurd tweets and memes when someone sits by her side. She doesn't look up at first, sincerely intrigued by how someone would just sit there when first) the party is far from there and second) there is many other sits over that place.

But she does look when the girl (she recognized it would be a female by her feminine tone) coughs to get her attention. Jungeun blocks her cellphone and looks up. For a moment, everything is blank and she feels herself blind by the sight of the girl staring at her. 

— Hey. — A voice speaks and brings the brunette back to reality. She can't believe her eyes, for sure. She never saw someone as beautiful as the girl that just spoke. 

— H-Hey. — It's all Jungeun can say. The unknown girl giggles at the other's difficulty to speak. She can feel her ears going red of embarrassed.

— I'm Jung Jinsol. — She says with a smile this time and Jungeun thinks she's going to die out of air because she's holding her breath at how that strange's smile is the prettiest thing in the world. — And you are new here, I believe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter