Just A Weird Kid

Mysterious


Jung Daehyun, he was the quietest boy in school and always made Hyorin curious. Whenever he walked into class her attention would immediately be directed towards him. She would deny it if you asked her, but she had a crush on him. It bugged her that she felt the way she did, she didn’t know anything about him but every time he even looked her way she would blush. He was so mysterious, that’s what attracted her the most.

She only ever saw his face fully once.

Her cat, Ollie, had run out of the house when her father came home. She ran around her block looking around for him. Just as she was about to give up she heard a gently soothing voice. Looking around she determined the direction of where it was coming from and saw a boy holding him. His back was to her, so she couldn’t see who he was.

“What’s your name huh?” he cooed, fluffing the cats fur.

“Ollie?” she called out softly.

The boy jumped and turned to face her.
Those eyes, she could recognize them anywhere. “D-daehyun?”
He gulped and carefully handed her back her pet before running away.
She called after him, but he had already turned a corner.
Hyorin frowned, why did he do that?

That night she couldn’t sleep. His face was bored into her mind, and one question still lingered. Why does he wear the mask?
He was extremely handsome his big eyes, smooth skin, plump lips. Why would he hide that from the world?!

The next day at school she anxiously tapped her foot, waiting for him to walk in. He didn’t show up. Hyorin had a grey cloud above her the whole day. Was it because she saw him yesterday? Was he avoiding her?

Class dragged on and on until finally the bell that used to annoy her rang. She never thought that she would love to hear that sound.

“Bye Hyorin!“ her friends beamed as she exited the class.

“Bye.“ she gave a quick smile.

Slowly she walked home, kicking a small pebble. Her head stayed down, keeping an eye on the little rock. She came to a halt seeing another pair of shoes directly in front of hers.

She swallowed hard and looked up. Daehyun looked down at her with a soft gaze. With his hood over his hat plus the mask, he was hardly recognizable. Before she could utter a word he signaled her to be quiet and grabbed her hand, leading her God knows where.

 




After some time they ended up at a small park. He let go of her hand and pointed under a tree, inviting her to sit down. Silently she sat down, cross-legged, making sure her skirt didn’t rise up too much.

She watched as he curiously walked around the tree, looking off in different directions from time to time.

He wandered around the grassy area, before pulling up a small purple flower and handing it to her. Blushing she accepted it. His eyes gave away his smile. With his arm around the trunk of the tree, he swung from back and forth looking down at Hyorin. She finally broke the silence between them.

“Are you sick?” she asked.

He shook his head.

“Are you afraid of getting sick?”

Again, he shook his head.

“Then why do you always wear your mask?”


He raised a brow and removed his hat, scratching his dyed blonde hair.

“Wae?” His voice was muffled.

Hyorin shrugged, “You always wear it. I just want to know why…”

Daehyun plopped down next to her, slowly removing the strings from behind his ears, placing the mask in his jacket pocket. Her heart beat increased as he looked at her.

“I’m just a weird kid I guess.” he chuckled.


There was no reason for it, and she didn’t care. For the next few hours they laughed and talked, sharing each others deepest wishes, thoughts, and even poked at the subject of her crush on him. She tried her best to change the topic but he kept bringing it up. It didn’t help that his head was laying in her lap, looking up at her with the eyes she loved so much.

“I like you too you know.” he said.

“W-what?” she gulped.

“Don’t believe me?” he smiled, “You’re pretty Hyorin and I know enough about you…” he shyly looked away.

Her face burned hearing his confession. Daehyun sat up and looked at her again, “You got a little something…” he gently ran his thumb over her cheek before leaning in and pressing his lips against hers.

Hyorin felt her heart nearly jump out of her chest. Her eyes slowly closed as she kissed him back. She felt him smile as he cupped her face, brushing back her hair from her face. They both panted lightly as they pulled away from each other. He leaned his forehead on hers, sharing the smile that he’s kept hidden.

 




“Thank you for walking me home.”

Hyorin shyly stared at their hands that were laced together. He lifted her chin up to look at him, “You’re welcome.” he smiled. Each time he did that she sighed in awe.

“Are you going to school tomorrow?” she asked.

“Of course.” his straightened up, “Who else will walk my girlfriend to class and hold her hand and kiss her~” he leaned in slightly, with a smirk.

Hyorin giggled as he pecked her lips, “You’re parents are probably worried.” he said.

“Good night Daehyun.” she smiled as they kissed and she placed her key inside the lock.

Before she turned the knob he turned her over and kissed her again. She laughed as he slipped on his mask and jumped over the steps. Running over she saw that he had already made it across the street and was waving. She waved back with a smile.

“Jung Daehyun, you are one weird kid.”