It hadn't even started

Who said games are fair?

Dahyun looked at Mina worriedly. The latter had been under her covers and is creepily laughing while staring at her laptop. Dahyun could go and sneakily take a look at it but it felt wrong invading Mina's privacy. Besides, if it was something gore or scary, she highly doubt she won't vomit at the sight of it. 

"Dahyun, what's wrong?" Chaeyoung called out.

Chaeyoung went out of the bathroom and found Dahyun blocking the path towards the biggest room, looking as if she's trying to solve the world's problems.

"What are you looking at?" Chaeyoung took a quick look of the room.

"That…I'm looking at that." Dahyun squinted her eyes and took a real good look.

"That's Mina-unnie right?" 

"Uh huh, no doubt about it." Chaeyoung scratched her cheek.

"Why is she laughing like that?" Dahyun was seriously beginning to be creeped out.

"Dunno, don't ask me. I just got here."

"You don't think she's watching something scary right?"

"I don't think she is, it looks more like an online shopping site to me."  

"Chaeng go and ask her what's it all about." Dahyun ordered.

"What? Why me?" Chaeyoung whined.

"Coz' I'm older… and taller." Dahyun looked at Chaeyoung triumphantly.

"You're rude." Chaeyoung glared at Dahyun who smirked in response.

"Am not." 

"Now go get her tiger!" Dahyun said as she suddenly pushed Chaeyoung into the room. 

Chaeyoung was caught off guard and tripped her way towards Nayeon's bed. The commotion caught Mina's attention.

"Eh? Chaeng?" Mina asked as she got off her bed to help the poor cub.

"Are you alright?" Mina inspected if the girl had acquired any bruises.

"I'm alright Mina-unnie." Chaeyoung smiled, glad to see that her unnie was back to normal.

"If you say so…" Mina stopped inspecting and quizzically looked at her intruder.

"What were you doing?"

Chaeyoung's mind was going haywire. 

"Uh… that… Dahyun pushed me and wanted me to ask you what you were watching for you to… yeah…" Chaeyoung chuckled nervously. She could literally see Dahyun's glare. Dahyun was mouthing "You seriously went and said that".

"Ah, that." Mina smiled.

"It's nothing, just some game I already ordered." Mina then suddenly laughed like she did earlier which took both, Chaeyoung and Dahyun, aback.

After a week, a mysterious box was delivered to Twice's dorm. 

"Momo, what's that?" Sana asked the girl curiously eyeing the box at every possible angle.

Momo stood up and walked towards Sana.

"I don't know." Momo shook her head.

"But its Mitang's package."

"Mitang? That's rare." At the mention of the other Japanese, Sana unknowingly switched speaking with their native tongue.

"I know right. I wonder what's inside." Momo responded in Japanese. She sat ungracefully and eyed the box.
 
"Why don't you just open it then?" Sana suggested.

"And what? Be skinned alive by Mitang? What a great idea Sana." Momo deadpanned.

"Right, it's so great that you can't even do it." Sana retorted and sat next beside Momo.

"Whatever. But still I'm curious…very curious." Momo poked the box.

"I'm starting to think you're being influenced by Mitang's liking to Harry Potter. Also, nothing would happen even if you poke the box so stop it." Sana swatted Momo's hand away from the box.

"Can't I even touch the box?!" Momo glared at the other girl.

"I'm saving you from Mitang's wrath. Be thankful."

"What are you guys talking about?" Tzuyu who was woken up by the shushes coming from the living room found her unnies and a box.

"Why are you speaking in Mandarin?" Sana asked Tzuyu.

"And why are you talking in Japanese?"

"We woke you up, didn't we? Come here, no need to be grumpy." Sana laughed and patted the space next to her.

Tzuyu did as what she was told and sat beside Sana.

"Tzuyu, do you see this?" Momo asked.

"Uh… yeah… I see the box Momo-unnie." Tzuyu raised a brow. She was still sleepy.

"Momo don't ask Chewy irrelevant things. Can't you see our maknae's still sleepy." Sana lectured Momo.

"Chewy you can go back to sleep. We'll wake you up later for dinner." Sana turned to Tzuyu.

"It's alright Sana-unnie. Besides, the others will come home sooner or later. And I'd hate being woken up by Dahyun and Chaeyoung tackling me on my bed." Tzuyu shuddered as she remembered that certain day. She swore she'd never sleep late again.

"Our poor Chewy." Sana patted her lap. 

"You can sleep here. No one will tackle you in your sleep." Sana laughed.

Tzuyu took up Sana's goodwill and layed down facing the box.

"Sana, it's not just a box." Momo's tone became lower.

"Eh?"

"You know it might be one of those things…" Momo trailed off.

"What things Momo-unnie?" Tzuyu was now curious.

Sana readied her hands to shield their dear maknae's ears if ever Momo was to say something inappropriate.

"You know… the random boxes in the deep dark web." Momo hugged Sana.

"I'm more surprised a scaredy cat like you knows about that stuff." Sana said in awe and pushed Momo away.

"How'd you end up knowing it anyways?" Sana asked.

"I know many things you don't Minatozaki." 

Momo earned a bop on the head.

"It was Jeongyeon." Momo spilled the beans.

"She should stop telling you stuff like that. Even I get scared of those things." Sana sighed.

"What's the deep dark web Sana-unnie?" Tzuyu asked.

"It's better off not knowing it Chewy-ah." Sana ruffled their youngest's hair.

"But anyways, you don't think it's that right?" Momo hugged Sana again.

"I don't think Mitang would do something so outrageous. Besides, there's random boxes in online shopping sites." Sana chased Momo's doubts on their youngest Japanese.

"Its Mina-unnie's?" 

"Yup." Momo affirmed.

"I heard Chaeyoung and Dahyun talking about how creepy Mina-unnie was laughing while buying something online. They said something on how dark the website was." Tzuyu recalled.

Momo and Sana looked at each other.

"No way…" They both muttered in Japanese.

Tzuyu recognized the words. Her unnies say it often and at those times they utter it, something big happens. Usually, it's something that results to chaos in the dorm. She rose and sat. It'd be terrible if Sana suddenly gets up.

"We're back!" Nayeon's lively voice boomed.

"We brought food! Lots of 'em!" Jeongyeon added. The rustling of the plastic bags could be heard.

"Where are they?" Jihyo asked as they were met by silence.

"Right, usually Momo-unnie would come tumbling at the mention of food." Dahyun said as she removed her shoes.

"You remembered when she tackled Jeongyeon-unnie?" Chaeyoung laughed.

"It was like real life American Football!" Dahyun exclaimed.

The moment the six stepped inside the living room and the two Japanese saw Mina they ran towards her like mad men and were teary eyed. 

"Mina, I know I haven't been a good nee-chan but please don't do this!" Sana ranted in Japanese and hugged Mina while wailing sorry repeatedly.

"Me too! Please don't go to the dark side! I'll be a better nee-chan! Don't go Mitang!" Momo hugged Mina on the other side while wailing don't go.

Mina wanted to dive unto her bed upon returning yet she found herself sandwiched between two wailing children like adults. 

"What's with you two?!" Mina tried to get the two off but to no avail, they won't budge.

"Mitang, I don't know what happened but we'll be here for you so don't waste your time and money buying random boxes on the deep dark web!" Momo hugged Mina tighter.

"I'll take care of you more than the maknaes! Just don't do this!" Sana literally cried.

"You guys understand anything they say?" Jihyo asked.

"Sorry my nonexistent Japanese skills can't follow what they're saying." Chaeyoung replied.

"Hey, that was a pretty good one Chaeng!" Nayeon complimented Chaeyoung.

"Huh? I wasn't joking though…"

"Then you shouldn't ever joke, you might become funny that way." Tzuyu said.

"Be thankful you're tall, else I'll hit your forehead."

"Good thing I'm tall then."

"You two stop already." Dahyun shushed them.

"Anyway, Tzu what happened?" Jeongyeon asked.

Tzuyu pointed at the box.

"What about it?" Nayeon tilted her head.

"They were saying something about Mina-unnie ordering a random box in the deep dark web." Tzuyu recalled.

"Dark web?!" Jihyo was stupefied.

"Wow… I don't even have the guts to do that." Jeongyeon saluted to Mina which earned her a stomp on the foot courtesy of Nayeon.

"Dark web? What are you talking about? I'm no-" Mina finally shook the two off.

"Mina think this through first!" Sana hugged Mina's thigh.

"Like I sai-"

"Mina please!" Momo wailed.

"Liste-" 

"Mina… I… I don't know what to say…" Jihyo sighed softly.

"Sto-"

"Mina I know you're curious but let's stop here, okay?" Jeongyeon said as gently as she could.

"Could you-"

"Mina you can still turn back, we'll pretend we didn't see anything." Nayeon added.

"Wha-?!"

"Mina-unnie... let's talk about it…" Dahyun was getting close to crying.

"You guy-"

"Mina-unnie, we're here for you…" Tzuyu who have no idea what's happening said. She'd feel left out not saying anything.

"Even you Tzuyu?"

"Mina-unnie…" Chaeyoung looked at Mina as if she was a stranger.

"Okay stop!" Mina screamed. 

A moment of silence happened.

"Let's sit first shall we? Sana release my thigh." Mina glared at the said girl.

They all sat, behaved, afraid of a certain penguin.

"Like I was planning to say which you guys kept interrupting…" All of them cowered at Mina's glare.

"I didn't order and surf in the dark web. You seriously think I'm that kind of person?" Mina was kind of upset.

"You didn't? I knew it!" Sana lunged at Mina.

All of them followed suit while repeatedly saying sorry for ever doubting her.

"Okay! I get it! You're suffocating me!" Mina screamed at the top of her lungs.

"Mina-unnie get a hold of yourself! You guys get off her!" Chaeyoung shooed the others away.

"Tha-thanks." Mina smiled.

"By the way, what's inside the box?" Jihyo asked.

"Game" Mina muttered enough to be heard. She was still composing herself.

"Mina is Mina no matter what." Momo laughed.

"Was that a compliment?" Mina raised a brow.

"What game is it Mina?" Nayeon curiously asked. It should be big since Mina went and ordered it.

"VR" Mina simply replied as she went and started unboxing.

"VR? Virtual Reality? Isn't that expensive?" Jeongyeon didn't buy one because of the price yet here Mina was, buying such a thing.

"What would you expect? She even went to Hawaii herself after years of saying it." Nayeon blurted out which had resulted for the ruckus to quiet down. All of them froze.

"Oh… sorry…" Nayeon apologized. It was an unwritten rule among them not to mention it again. All for the sake of a certain cub.

"Don't apologize Nayeon-unnie." Chaeyoung said. These words made Nayeon release a sigh of relief and smiled. It didn't last long, though, as she heard the cub's next words.

"It isn't your fault that I'm dumb. Hawaii and Bali, they're like miles away." Chaeyoung did a stretching motion to show how far things were.

"Like Mina-unnie and I was that day." Chaeyoung continued. She slumped to her seat and looked at the ceiling.

"Of course Mina-unnie would be in Hawaii, I was just too dumb to think it was Bali." Chaeyoung wryly laughed.

"Im Nayeon!" Jihyo smacked Nayeon's head.

"Now Chaeyoung's gone coo-coo!" Sana was horrified.

"Coo-coo? That sounds like Nayeon-unnie's dog. That's right, just like how I decided that name in 3 seconds, I bought a plane ticket to Bali in 3 seconds." Chaeyoung sullenly said.

"Minatozaki Sana!" Jihyo smacked Sana's head.

"That's two smacks in a row!" Momo applauded.

"Two? One, two, three… I bought the plane ticket and told my mom I'll go overseas. She said be careful and I went." Chaeyoung took a throwpillow and hugged it.

"Hirai Momo!" Jihyo choked Momo in frustration.

"Jihyo-unnie stop! Momo-unnie's gonna suffocate!" Dahyun held back Jihyo.

"Dahyun surprisingly stopped Jihyo-unnie." Tzuyu said in awe.

"Surprise? That's right, I wanted to surprise Mina-unnie that day. To say that I knew where she went since she kept it a secret, yet she wasn't there. I asked her where she was. It was then I received a call from her saying she was in Hawaii." Chaeyoung hugged the throwpillow tighter.

"Chou Tzuyu!" Jihyo gasped.

"Uh oh… we'll we witness Jihyo inflict her first hit to Tzuyu?" Jeongyeon narrated. All of them looked in anticipation.

"Tzuyu, dear, don't say things that will make Chaeng think especially about Hawaii and stuff." Jihyo gently lectured Tzuyu.

"Hawaii? Of course she'll be in Hawaii." Chaeyoung scoffed. 

"Jihyo! You did it again!" Jeongyeon was horrified.

"Again? She's been repeating it over three years yet what I did was go to Bali which she recently mentioned. And to appease myself and tell myself I was okay, I posted on IG." Chaeyoung, once again, wryly laughed.

"Let's say sorry guys!" Nayeon shoutingly suggested.

"Sorry? It won't work. It was the worst and I can't ever forgive myself. Mina-unnie sprained her ankle coz' she hurriedly went back to Korea to personally apologize keeping her whereabouts a secret." Chaeyoung then cried.

The others whom had listened to the cub's story time became flustered as Chaeyoung begin to sob.

"Son Chaeyoung" Mina called out.

Chaeyoung looked up and met Mina's eyes.

"Stop you're drama." Mina glared at the cub.

Chaeyoung cowered at the glare. Mina now officially hates her. 

"If you want me to accept your sorry, you better come with me the next time I go to Hawaii." Mina said. She sat beside Chaeyoung and smiled like she always did.

"Huh?" Chaeyoung thought she heard wrong.

"Don't make me repeat myself Chaeng." Mina playfully glared.

"I wasn't!" Chaeyoung was flustered.

"So? You're answer?" Mina held out her hand.

"Deal! I'll go with you!" Chaeyoung took Mina's hand and nodded like a kid.

"No fair! I wanna go to!" Momo whined.

"Me too!" Dahyun joined in.

"Then I guess, our next vacation as a group will be in Hawaii." Jihyo concluded which earned a unanimous yes.

After the commotion, they went back to look at the contents of the box.

"Mina! How much did you spend to buy 9 units?!" Jihyo gawked.

"I don't remember, I just clicked the purchase button…" 

"What?! Do you realize how much one of the costs?!"  Jeongyeon shouted.

"I don't… maybe I'm broke now…" Mina stood up and picked one of the units.

"So who wants to play?" Mina asked.

"This girl…" Jeongyeon sighed.

"Let's eat first! I can't play on an empty stomach." Momo grabbed the plastic bag full of food.

They sat on the floor and started eating heartily.

"Bw th woiy" Momo tried to talk while eating.

"Eat your food first." Nayeon suggested.

"Here Momo-unnie, have some water." Dahyun handed the water afraid the older girl would choke.

Momo gulped the food down and drank the water.

"Thanks Dahyunie. By the way, what sort of game is it?" 

"RPG. You know, with the swords and stuff." Mina replied.

"That's exciting! I wanna be an elf!" Nayeon raised her hand.

"I'm sure you'd be a great troll." Jeongyeon added.

"I know right! Wait, what?" 

"Moving on!" Jihyo intervened. Another fight, drama or whatever might erupt again.

"Speaking of elf, it'll suit Chewy." Sana then munched her food.

"An elf?" Tzuyu thought it wouldn't be that bad since she can do archery.

"But how we'll we meet each other on the game?" Dahyun voice out her concern.

"There'll be a beginner's shop, let's meet there." Mina answered.

"Let's also use our real names so that if we can't find each other we can just add one another." Nayeon added.

"But it'll be bad if we get caught." Chaeyoung disagreed with Nayeon's idea.

"A nickname or something then" Jihyo suggested.

They discussed a bit and decided their IDs.

"So Nayeon-unnie will be Prettybong, Jeongyeon-unnie will use Dinojam, Momo is Peachyfull, Sana is Shiback, Jihyo's gonna go with Lovehyo, Dahyun would be Toughfu, Chaeyoung will use Chaenggu, Tzuyu is Chuchi and mine would be Pengmama." Mina concluded.

After their short meeting, they tried the VR on.

"It's pitch black." Mina said and her voice echoed. Seems like a confined space, she thought.

"Please enter your desired ID" A mechanical voice boomed.

A screen appeared in front of Mina. She pressed it and entered 'Pengmama'.

"The ID has not been taken. Please proceed to creating your character."

The pitch black space warped into a grassy field. 

"This is a whole new level." Mina said in awe as she felt a breeze hit her face. 

"These are the choices, please select and press preview to look at your character. You can still change it until you are satisfied. Press done and the process will be finished."

As the mechanical voice ended it's speech a hologram with a lot of choices from eyes to aura appeared.

"This will definitely take a lot of time." Mina said as she started creating her character.

_____

A.N. I seriously wanted to make it a one shot huhuhu Anyways, hope you liked it :)

​​​