Final

Don't Leave

Don’t expect it too much, I’m bad at description and narration. Also I’m sorry if there’s typo or grammar and spelling error.

I hope you enjoyed this.

[Eunbi]

It's cold, and dark. There's nothing in here. There's no one in here. It's just me. Alone.

I tried to walk around, trying to find something, or someone. But I can't find anything, or anyone.

I hate this. I hate being in here, it's too cold. I can't see anything, it's too dark.

I walk again, but still I can't find anything.

Where is this? Where am I? Where's everyone?

Where's she?

Suddenly, a bright light come and I saw figure of a girl standing in front of me. I can't see her face but I know her, there's just one person who has that figure, a tall and proportional, with long blonde hair and charismatic aura. Even if I can't see her face, I already know who she is.

"Unnie?" I call her, but she didn't give a single respond.

"Sojung-unnie," again, I tried to call her but she didn't give me a respond. She turns her body but she didn’t do anything, she just stood in front of me with her plain expression.

I tried to approach her, but I can't. It's like her figure is getting away from me. I can felt my heart thumping faster. Suddenly I can felt a weird feeling, a terrified one. Like... she'll leave me anytime. My heart thumping harder and faster.

"Un—"

"Eunbi-ah."

"Unnie—"

"I'm sorry," she smile. Not her usual smile. But a sad smile, the one that I hate the most.

I shake my head, I tried to approach her again but I can't, "What're you saying? Why are apologizing?"

"Un—"

"I'm sorry."

Now I run, I reach my hand but I can't approach her, I can't touch her.

"Un—"

"Eunbi-ah," she stare at me, her plain expression comeback again, "Let's breaks up."

There. I stopped my feet when I heard that words. I can hear the sound of my heart being broken. Slowly I can felt the tears that I hold from earlier rolled on cheeks.

"Un—unnie you're joking right?" I ask her, I can hear my shaking voice.

Sojung-unnie looked at me, straight to my eyes. Usually her eyes were full of sparkle and adoration, when she stares at me I'll find myself blushing hardly. But now I can't find it. I can't find the sparkle, what I saw right now is just her empty and cold stare. That's when I realize her feeling for me was disappearing. She didn't love me anymore.

"Sorry," just with that word, she turns her body and walk away.

My eyes widen, I start to chase her but it's like I can't reach her, "Unnie don't," I don't care if I sounds like begging or desperate, but I don't want she leave me.

Sojung-unnie didn't turn her body, she just walks away like she doesn't hear anything.

"No, unnie."

"Please."

"Don't leave me."

"SOJUNG-UNNIE!!!"

"I'M HERE!"

My body jolted, I open my eyes that I close unconsciously and find myself engulfed by a warm hug. A hug that always gives me a secure feeling, a hug that can only be given by one person. I can feel a strong grip on my shoulders but I can't see the person. I can hear my heartbeat was thumping so loudly, also my sob. I can feel my body trembling so hard. I can't control myself anymore. She just leaves me. Sojung-unnie leaves me.

Then I feel a warm body hugged me, not too tight but not too loose either but I can feel a protective feeling from it. I know just one person who can gave me that kind of hug, so I looked up and saw a beautiful orbs that stare at me so warmly, I can see a worried emotion in there. Those eyes, only one person who'll see me with those eyes.

"Sojung-unnie," my tears rolled down again when her name came out from my lips. I began to crying again, crying my heart out till I can't remember anything.

.

[Sojung]

I just finish my work and make my way to change clothes. I let out a heavy sigh when I saw my watch that shows 2 o'clock in the morning. Being a trauma surgeon is tiring, you must be ready all the time in case something bad happen, also you must be ready with a crazy work hours. Just like right now, I just finish with my operation, the operation takes almost six hours and that was so tiring. I just want to go back to my apartment and cuddle with my girlfriend.

I smile widely when I remember my girlfriend. She's still a kid—a last year college student but still a kid in my eyes—but has a mature personality. Okay maybe she complains and sulking a lot, she also has big amount of energy. But she never complains about my work. Sometimes—no scratch that—I always have a guilty feeling when I leave her alone every time I have a sudden work but she just give me her small smile, also when we must postpone our date because of my work. I never heard she complain about all of that. I'm so thankful at that but also feel sorry because I always make her alone.

I walk out from hospital building and approach my car. I didn't want to make my girlfriend waiting for a little longer, I know she'll be sleeping right now but still I don't want to make her alone.

.

After 30 minutes driving, I arrived at our apartment. I shoved my shoes and walk to our room. My smile appears when I see her sleeping figure. I walk slowly to our bed and I can see her cute sleeping face.

My smile faltered immediately when I see her frown and her sweaty forehead. A small whimper can be heard from her and I can see her tears rolled down from her closed eyes. I sat on the edge of the bed and accidentally touch her arm. I frown when I felt a hot sensation from her body.

'I have a bad feeling about this,' I touch her forehead then my eyes widen when I can felt a burning feeling on my palm, 'She has a fever!'

"U-unnie," she whimpers weakly.

"Bi, wake up," I whisper on her ear but she didn't seem to hear me.

"Unnie," her voice was so weak, it hurts my heart.

"Sojung-unnie."

I caress her cheek, "Bi. Wake up. Please."

"Unnie don't," her movement become restless, it makes me more worried.

I shake her body lightly, "Eunbi-ah."

"Please, don't leave me."

My frown become more evident, I climbed at our bed and pull her body to my embrace, "Eunbi-ah," I raised my voice but she didn't seems to hear me, I tried to shake her body but still, she didn't wake up.

"Unnie!" her movement become more restless, her breath faster. She has panics attack.

"Eunbi-ah!"

"Unnie don't leave me!"

"Bi-ah open your eyes. Unnie is here, I won't leave you! Hey!"

"SOJUNG-UNNIE!!!"

"I'M HERE!"

I shake her body hardly. She jolted and woke up. I let out a relief sigh and pulled her body to my embrace. I rubbed her back and whispering on her ear.

"Ssh, hey it's okay. It's just nightmare. Ssh, it's okay."

I release her from my embrace and grab her shoulder. I can see her eyes weren’t focus and I bet she didn't hear my voice. Her body still trembling so hardly, her face was wet because of tears and sweat. And her expression, gosh her expression was so broken that it hurts me. I swipe her tears away, she looked up at me.

"Sojung-unnie," she called me with her broken voice. Then her tears rolled down again from her eyes, she was crying again, and sob loudly. Her body was shaking and she holds my front shirt so tightly.

My heart clenched seeing her like this, how my beagle who usually so cheerful and full of energy become so broken like this just because of a stupid nightmare, also her burning temperature doesn't help at all. I took a deep breath to calm myself, and then I bring her small body towards me, embrace her. I tried to make her calm by whispering some reassuring words while rubbing her back. I pull the blanket till it covering us.

I did it till I'm sure she was calmer, and when I feel she was calmer I loosening my embrace and looked at her wet face. She fell asleep in my arm, she still shaking but at least her breathing was slower. I took a deep breath and tightening my hug. I kissed her forehead before I closed my eyes and give up at the tired feeling that I feel.

.

I open my eyes when I heard my alarm from my phone, I groan a little before after that take my phone and turn off the alarm. I looked at the ceiling for a while and then at the girl who still sleeping on my arm. I let out a soft smile, her sleeping face was so cute, and pure. I always love staring at her.

I fix her bang and felt her temperature, it's not that high like last night but still hot. I examine her face closely, her cheeks were red due to the fever, but her lips were pale. Her expression's cute though, I mean with that pouty lips and frown eyebrows she looks so squishy.

I kissed her forehead and got up. As much as I want to stay with her, I also need to take care of this brat. But when I tried to release her grip on my shirt, this girl opens her eyes.

I looked at her, she literally pouting her lips, "Don't leave," she mumbles softly and hide her face on my chest, "Stay with me."

A smile plastering on my face, she's always honest when she half asleep, "I need to make something for you so you can take your medicine, you have a fever."

She shakes her head and whine. Oh my god, how can someone be so cute like this?

"I don't need that, I just want you to stay beside me."

"Bi—"

"Please?" she looked up.

My eyes widen when I see her wet face. She's crying?! Oh my god! I immediately pull her on my embraced and wipe her tears away.

"Why're you crying?"

"Don't leave me," her voice was shaking. Oh how I hate this.

"No, I won't leave you. I just want to make something for you. I won't leave you, I'm promise."

She doesn't answer, she just hold my front shirt tightly while sobbing. I rubbed her back softly while whispering some soothing words to her.

After some minutes, I loosening our embraced and stared at her, her face was red and wet, but at least she doesn't crying anymore. I wipe her tears and touched her forehead.

"Bi, you're burning. You need to take your medicine."

"But—"

"Please. I hate when you get sick like this, it hurts my heart."

She doesn't answer immediately, she just keep pouting her lips. But after some minutes, this kid finally nodded her head.

"But just stay for a while please? At least till I'm fall asleep again?" she begged while giving me her puppy eyes. This brat, she knows my weakness.

I sigh and nodded, I can't refuse her. Eunbi rarely showing this side of her, usually she'll act all though and bratty, that's why I'll make sure to never let this chance slip away.

I bring her petite body to my embrace and tugged her head under my chin, "Now sleep, I'll stay with you."

"Don't leave me."

"I won't."

"Don't hate me."

"I won't."

"Don't get bored with me."

"I won't."

"...."

"...."

"Unnie," her voice become soft, I'm sure she'll fell asleep in no time.

"Hm."

"Don't leave me," I can barely hear her voice but I still know what she says.

This kid, what is she dreaming last night that makes her become like this? How can she think I'll leave her when I can't life without her anymore?

"I won't, don't worry," I whisper to her ear and kissed her forehead, "I love you."

I—I want to hide myself. I don’t know if it turn out well or not, I mean I feel something missing in this one-shot.

How is it? Is it bad? Or not? You can give me your opinion, or critics. I really need it so that I can improve my writing skill.

Thank you for reading this, I hope you have a good day.