Intro

Catharsis

A/N im not sure about AFF policies so i censored cursing lol

 

 

Sehun runs his hand through his hair. What’s this- he can’t write the goddamn piece. He empties his third coffee refill. His heart’s beating so fast from all the caffeine, but there isn’t a single word on the page. Every time he tries to write, it’s just stupid bs, so he erases it all and is now left with this blank page. Goddamn writers’ block!

He sighs. this. He heaves himself off the desk and flops down on the bed, face first. His boss is going to kill him tomorrow- which is in like two hours. But he is going to kill himself from the stress if he doesn’t calm his heart the down right about now.

Kyungsoo and Jongin. Ugh, celebrities. He’s supposed to write pieces that will cover their gay a*ses and keep them in the closet for eternity. Well, the society will them up if those photos of them at a gay bar get revealed. He’s always thought it must be nice being famous, but they don’t get to do the sh*t he and his friends get up to on a daily basis.

Actually, they were his favourite idols. His muses, they got him through sh*tty high school years and woke his teenage self to the fact that he’s gay. When Kyungsoo got into his first public relationship with a girl, he was devastated, it’s like the Gods denied his very existence and cut everything that held him up to shreds. Of course, he got to know about the media play soon after and his emo self settled, and they’re the reason he got into this career path- being a journalist and all. But here he is, scheming up plots to cover them with his own hands.

His younger self would be so ashamed.

 

@@@e4we*&%



 

He submits the ing piece. It’s a day later- he had called in sick, his boss had freaked a tad because he actually was sick and maybe exaggerated the puking a little. But yesterday afternoon he drunk himself on beer, not coffee, and wrote just whatever. His mind was too zoned out to interrupt, and checking it early this morning when he’d gotten sober, it had come out fairly alright. Not stellar, but eh, believable. He’s going to go to hell for this.

Gay gods are going to hate him. He half hates himself. But it’s what the two celebs want, and that’s what matters, right? Scratch that, four- he almost forgot the girls.

That night he skips going out and watches Two Weddings and a Funeral. He first watched it a decade ago, one of the first gay movies he watched, when he was coming to terms with his uality and was watching every LGBTQ movie he could get his hands on. This one wasn’t a particular favourite, but he can’t helped but be reminded of it these days. How can he not, it’s basically the same drama repeating itself, the movie sorta repeating in real life. But he reckons it’s nothing new, it’s an age old story.

Gays wearing beards is an age old story. He wonders if he’ll have to get one too someday, when his parents press him about getting married. Will Baekhyun noona suffice? Or would she be too obvious a choice. Like, she doesn’t look exactly conservative and his parents might complain. Hah.

Whatever. He focuses on the movie and tries hard not to zone out.

His phone beeps. His article is a success.