Final

[ 흔한 일 ]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[A/N: unedited. Will do so tomorrow though]

 

Wendy no longer looks at her way with those sad eyes. Irene noticed.

 

Not that she was actually keeping tabs on Wendy’s feelings, that’s stupid. ...and highly disrespectful. The latter was meant to move on from her, probably find another love and grow apart from Irene.

 

It’s just… Irene didn’t expect it to happen soon…

 

Quite stupid, really.

 

In all honesty, Irene never foresee it happening. Their breakup was bad, and hugely the fault in Irene’s part. She’s the one who gave up first, who fell into temptation, thinking that someday in the future, Wendy won’t make her happy. Now that’s another silly thing. It was Irene’s insecurity, being in love with a girl.

 

Irene wanted a complete family, something that Wendy couldn’t give her. At least, that’s what Irene thought at that time.

 

Now that’s another level of stupidity.

 

The first weeks after their break up was almost a major fallout for their group.

 

Irene tried to pretend that everything’s okay. She stood up as the group’s leader, still trying her best to lead the team. Wendy… well she was on the worse half. She stuck in her room, with her sad blues playing in repeat. She has shed a lot of tears that even Irene could hear her muffled sobs through the door.

 

At least Wendy didn’t drown in alcohol. That would completely make Irene throw everything behind and come back in Wendy’s arms to stop her.

 

Or maybe, Wendy should’ve. Perhaps, Irene wouldn’t feel even a tingle of regret right now.

 

A few months after their break up, everything almost felt back to normal.

 

Wendy started going out from her room again, started to work in the most efficient way like how she always does. But something was still off… and it could totally be noticed in the way she’s singing.

At that time, everything sounded like a bittersweet tone leaving the young girl’s lips. Her eyes has lost its affection and every word she says sounded like something from a bad melodrama. Irene couldn’t even look at her in her eyes then. The latter was drowned with shame. Just how could she leave such a wonderful girl in despair.

 

It didn’t help the fact that Irene couldn’t seem to be happy in the arms of her new lover, the one she has cheated Wendy on. After a few bad fights, it was Irene who called it quits. She wasn’t sad on that break up though. It started wrongly… and it’s meant to end in a wrong note as well.

 

And a few months more after that? Everything seemed to fall into place.

 

Wendy and her started talking casually again. There were those awkward smiles and shy laughs. Irene felt her nerve endings cracking every time their fingertips touch.

 

Maybe Irene was falling in love again. Maybe she was still in love after all.

 

Now that was wrecking Irene’s brain. Wendy seems to be the same person she had fell in love with, but all the love and affection was no longer there. Those kind gestures, even those midnight snacks they used to share… it was there almost mocking Irene. Like a taste of heaven knowing you’re knees are already buried deep in hell.

 

Irene was so close to losing it… and she almost does… that day.

 

Music is something that runs in Wendy’s veins naturally. She was born a singer, not the one who leaves the audience in awe but the type to make them feel something. And each song she sings are something that tugs on everyone’s heartstrings, like a familiar ache that comes mocking everyone in the way.

 

And during one of their practices, that moment Wendy grabs her favorite guitar and started singing, maybe Irene was wondering when it all started to actually change. Just when did Wendy started to look in everyone but her…?


 

[Now Playing: Ordinary Thing by Apink Son Naeun and Park Chorong]

 

I still think of you sometimes
When I close my eyes, I fall into the memories
It still makes my heart flutter

 

That’s it, that’s all
You’re nothing more than that to me
Just a memory that makes me smile sometimes
Nothing more

 

Irene was convinced that the song was mocking her. Perhaps, Wendy herself was singing it for her. Irene wasn’t just so sure. She stared at Wendy singing, who was just playing her guitar casually with her gaze in the air as if it was just another vocalizing song.

 

Irene almost hated the song. Irene almost hated Wendy.

 

But she couldn’t. A part of her knows that she deserves it… and she deserves it quite well.

 

Somebody to love, love
We need someone to love
Love is an ordinary thing
Even without you
It’s not a big deal

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter