One Man's Loss Is Another Man's Gain

One Man's Loss Is Another Man's Gain

Amber cried so much that night...The night she met the new girl in Myungsoo life. She thought that she will confess to him when she got back from f(x) tour in Japan but now that she saw the girl with long wavy hair, pretty eyes and a body like a model, Amber knew she had lost Myungsoo. She tried to calm herself but it was futile. Her tears slide uncontrollably down her cheek and Amber held her chest as she cried feeling so hurt when her heart crumble to pieces.

 

Sulli on the other hand panicked and called Victoria, Krystal and Luna for help. When they saw Sulli with tears brimmed in her eyes and her panic stricken face, they knew that Amber is hurting so much that she had already shut herself from them. Victoria, the wise leader went down quickly and came back few minutes later with a key to Amber's room. Together, they open the door slowly and at the corner of the room, they saw Amber sat, crying her heart out as if her world had crashed upon her and come to an end. Luna ran to her followed by the others and hug her as she cried with her. Krystal, Sulli and Victoria made a circle around Amber and watch her worriedly as tears slide on their cheeks. Their heart goes out to the girl who was heartbroken right in front of them.

 

After few hours crying, Amber felt asleep and when she awoke, it was before the dawn and she felt her head hurt like crazy and couldn't open her eyes properly. She began to remember what happened last night and her tears started to form again. She knew there is nothing she can do. Myungsoo made his choice and Amber felt like a fool as she recall the news she read about Infinite members ideal type where Myungsoo mention he prefer a girl with long wavy hair. When he befriended her, it seems he likes her the way she is but last night had marked Myungsoo as the same as the rest guys out there. Amber stared into nothingness for a while when her eyes began to focus on her surrounding. As her eyes scanned around, Amber realized that she had been sleeping on the floor next to her bed. But her eyes turned into shocked as she realized she was not alone. Next to her is Luna and Krystal while Victoria and Sulli is sleeping bit further away but still on the floor. A sudden wave filled her heart as she saw her 'family' lying near her and instantly she knew, she was never alone. Her f(x) family never left her and a small smile began to form on her lips. She breathed deeply as if she's breathing in the new world she has created and when the sun rays fell on her and her group, Amber knew that she had been given a second chance to realize important things in her life again...

 

"Amber! Amber! Where are you?!!" cried Victoria. She was shocked when she saw Amber was not in the room and her cries woke up the other members. 

 

They began panicking but out of a sudden they heard a voice coming from the kitchen.

 

"Vic, I'm right here! Come down all of you and let's have breakfast together!" Amber yelled. Victoria exchange glance with the other members and slowly made their way to the kitchen. 

 

They saw Amber moving around swiftly and when they came close to the table, they saw she had already prepared European breakfast style. As Amber sat at the table followed by the rest, Amber let out her famous wide smile at them.

 

"Last night, I know I made a fool of myself. I never knew that not only I hurt myself in the process but it affect you guys too. So starting from today onwards, I promise with all my heart that I will never let all of you worried about me anymore. I will stay focused and will not let you and myself down. Thank you for being there with me Victoria, Krystal, Luna, Sulli...Only God knows how I love you guys so much," Amber said as she smile with eyes plead for forgiveness.

 

"Group hug!!!" Sulli shouted and together all of them jump towards Amber and hugged her while crying. Amber cried as well as happiness washed through her. She can feel that her life will take a 360 degrees turn after this and she is looking forward to every second of it.....

 

After four months since the fated night, SM Company began to put their trust in Amber as she now is one of the main composer in the company. Not only she composed her own rap in all f(x) song but also create songs for Super Junior, Shinee and other groups. Amber truly brushed her skills in music composition as she can play the guitar very well and familiar with all the music notes. She also managed to upgrade her level of communication and she is much funnier than before. F(x) now is very busy with their singing activity as well as games and interview programme. And all of the tv programmes they attend, it is a must for Amber to be present as she is not only good at answering interview questions but also great at interviewing other idols. She is exactly like Hee Chul in Oh My School Episode 6. She was so damn funny and easygoing that her fans increase in numbers as well as her popularity. 

 

Myungsoo and Sungjong was watching the tv when one of the guest for today was Amber. It wasn't long before Sungjong laughter erupted their dorms. All the other Infinite members began to come out and wanted to scold Sungjong but when they saw Amber, all of them began to circle around the sofa and started to enjoy the show. Form the corner of his eyes, Sunjong watched Myungsoo quietly to see his reaction when he saw Amber again but Myungsoo managed to keep a straight face as he watched the show.

 

"Ah, Amber is becoming a real star now. Look at how she handle the questions and play around with the hosts and the other guests. She is like mysterious, cute and naughty tomboy nowadays!" exclaimed Hoya. The other members just nod their head agreeing with him.

 

"Come to think about it, I remember that she started to change after she came back from her tour in Japan. I guess she really worked hard to achieve her dream. I mean look at her...She's no longer just another tomboy with a cute face. She's so full of confidence and charisma and very charming. She's just...wow me," added Dongwoo.

 

"Hey, do you hear a gossip about her? They said she spent a lot of time with SuJu member nowadays especially Lee Teuk, Hee Chul and Donghae. It seems she's taken each of their trait as a part of her now. If it's true, then she really could pull it through. Just look at her number of fans nowadays," said Sunjong.

 

"But I've heard, one of them had feelings for her. Some sort of taking her under his wings or something like that," said Hoya that earned interest look from the others including Myungsoo.

 

"Really? Who??!!" asked Dongwoo interestedly.

 

"I'm not sure who but I doubt it's Lee Teuk," he replied. Then as the show gets more interesting as Amber began to tease the hosts, all eyes were fixed on the tv, ending their discussion about Amber.

 

Myungsoo on the other hand, was feeling unsettled with the news. He knew that he had had crush on Amber once but when he met his girl, he thought that he had already fallen in love. But now, when he saw Amber emerging as a new person, he could feel a certain pull towards Amber again. He sat watching Amber interact with the guests and deep down he knew he's confused with his feeling...

 

After the show, Amber went back to SM studio feeling tired after a long day as Lee Soo Man had requested a meeting with her. As she walked along the corridor, she saw Donghae sat down in one of the practice room staring at the ceiling and doing nothing. Amber look at him for a moment and decided to say hi.

 

"Donghae hyung, what are you doing here? Are you okay?" she asked as she walked towards him.

 

Donghae was startled for a while but when he saw Amber, he let out a wide smile and out of a sudden he pulled her on his lap. Amber was so shocked as she never be this close with Donghae except just a simple hug with him.

 

"Amber I missed you so much today," he said and wrapped his arms around her.

 

"Hyung, what's got into you? We just met yesterday evening for a practice remember?" she said, try to wriggle away from Donghae but the said guy just tighten his hug on her.

 

"Amber....I've been thinking a lot about us...I think I've fallen for you Amber Liu...deeply," he said as he smile at her.

 

Amber was so shocked and suddenly her body started to shiver. Donghae thought she was cold so he just pull her closer to him.

 

"Hyung. Stop this. Don't play around with my heart. I don't like it. So please hyung, just stop," Amber replied as her bangs covered her eyes.

 

Donghae couldn't believe Amber just rejected him. He, the most popular guy in SuJu group was rejected by a tomboy? Donghae just couldn't accept that.

 

"But why? I like you very much Amber and from our interactions it seems you like me too, rite?" he asked.

 

When Amber lift up her face and stare directly to Donghae, he finally realized that Amber was shaking with anger. Her face was red and she tighten her fist as if to control her actions. Slowly Donghae let her go. 

 

"I'm sorry hyung," Amber said as she took his  hand and continued, "I can't reciprocate your feelings because I don't want you to betray the other person who wears this same ring," Amber said as she touch the ring softly.

 

"Oh my God. I didn't know you knew Amber. Well, I just felt that I need you more than her," Donghae quickly reply.

 

"But you love her and that is why you have this couple rings. I don't want to destroy other people's relationship and be selfish. Sorry hyung," Amber stood up and left the room, making her away to Lee Soo Man's office.

 

"No Amber, it is me who should apologize to you. I can't help falling for you...I'm so sorry," Donghae said to no one...Unfortunately, there was someone else who saw and heard the whole deal...

 

The next day as Amber began to practice with the SuJu members for the next concert, she acted as if nothing happened between her and Donghae that made Donghae feeling grateful to Amber cool attitude. They talked and crack jokes like nothing happen but no one realized that a pair of eyes was watching Amber intently and the person failed to notice that Amber knew he was watching her all the time. Amber felt her heart beating faster everytime she thinks about him and glad that she finally feels that she wanted to fall in love with the person after what happen with Myungsoo...

 

As they call it for the day, Amber was left behind by her group members as she met the music producer for her new composed songs. It was at 7.00 pm that Amber finally walk out the SM building to her dorm. As she walk slowly, she caught a glimpse of a guy leaning against the lamp post as if waiting for someone. Somehow, as she came nearer, Amber seems to know the person. Her heart suddenly started to beat faster as she caught his orange hair colour, his slim body and his voice when he greet her.

 

"Hello there Amber. Are you going back?" the person asked as he gave her his beautiful smile. Amber can't help but to smile back and nodded her head.

 

"Yeah...I'm going back....Are you waiting for someone?" she asked suddenly.

 

"Yes...and it's you...Is it okay if you spend sometime with me Amber? There's something I want to tell you," he said.

 

Amber tilted her head and look at him confused but nonetheless she agreed. None of them spoke anything afterwards and they walk slowly till they stopped at a park. When she saw he began to sit at a bench, she just followed and sit next to him.

 

" I saw you and Donghae yesterday Amber and unfortunately, I heard the conversation you had with him. I didn't mean to eavesdropped but I can't help it. I'm sorry," he said as Amber look at him with shock.

 

"I don't feel anything towards him at all. I didn't mean to hurt him but that's just it. I don't love him," she replied.

 

"Is there anyone you like Amber? Sorry again to ask this but I really need to know...I...I just don't like being rejected officially like Donghae you know," he said and let out a smirk as he watched Amber's serene face turned into crimson shade as she averted her eyes from him trying to hide her true feeling.

 

Amber knew she can't lie to herself and this person anymore. Eventhough she never thought she will fall in love again as she did with Myungsoo once but it seems she managed to forget about him totally when she became closer the person that sat next to her now. Her heart soar as she knew he had slip his intention to confess to her...purposely. That made her feel shy suddenly. 

 

"Yes....I like someone before and I thought he likes me back. But then before I could confess to him, I found out that he already had his second half with him. A pretty girl with a model body. I was heartbroken but then I realized that there are more important things I can do rather than stay heartbroken. And now, I'm glad that I finally free from having feelings towards him anymore and I've already forgave him sometime ago. But of course, it's hard to forget that his preferences in girls had affected me ever since. I learned that most of guys would prefer that kind of girl compared to a tomboy like me..." she   replied with a sad smile.

 

The guy was listening to her intently as if contemplating the next words he wanted to tell her.

 

"Amber, if I say that I'm not like the other guys and one of the many reasons that I took you under my wings was because I've already fallen for you, what are going to do?" he asked seriously as he look at her surprised face.

 

"Wha-What are you talking about...W-Why do you have to do that?...I mean look at you. You look like a prince! I mean you are the SuJu prince!! Compared to nothing, I'm just like a girl with a confused gender and I don't even act like a girl and I..." and before she continued, calloused hands began to rise her chin and his deep voice just cut her rambling.

 

"Shut up Amber Liu because I truly love you and I know you love me too," he smirk before he leaned in and capture her lips and held her waist bringing her closer to him. After sometime, he released her but keep their forehead close together.

 

"Yes, I love you too Kim Hee Chul..." she said and for the secont time that night, Kim Hee Chul, the SuJu Prince bring her lips closer to him again.

 

Few days later at the Infinite dorm, Hoya screamed as loud as possible that brings attention to his group members in the house. 

 

"Guys, I got big news to share!!!" and all of them began to gather at the living room including Myungsoo.

 

"This better be good Hoya," warned Dongwoo.

 

"Guess what? Amber is officially dating Kim Hee Chul Super Junior!! I saw them holding hands and kissing when they went out from the SM building just now!!!" he said almost screaming his head off.

 

"So it is true then? I heard that Amber had joined the Chocoballs group yesterday and I came to know that only the girlfriends of the group members can actually join and hang out with them. Then it means that she already become Kim Hee Chul girlfriend before that," Dongwoo said.

 

Myungsoo suddenly fell onto the chair and put his head in his hands knowing full well he had lost Amber permanently. It was then he actually realized that he loves her, not just crush like he thought when he dated his girlfriend now. Amber news had made him open his eyes and knew what he lost. 

 

"Oh my God. What have I done?!! I truly lost her now..." Myungsoo said softly.

 

"Sorry bro, I can't help you anymore, you made your choices when you did not confess to her and you also made your choices when you left her for another girl...I guess that what people always say that one man's loss is another man gain..." said Junsong as he watched tears streaming down from Myungsoo eyes.

 

 

 

The end.

 

Hope you guys enjoy it!!!  :)