one

Chasing Stars

"Bye Teacher Minhyuk! See you tomorrow!" the children chimed in unison as all of them packed and gathered their things, while excitedly bidding Minhyuk goodbye.

The children were done for the day thus, the classroom was buzzing in glee as they screamed joyfully and rushed outside to get to their parents, telling them about their day simultaneously. Minhyuk put on a smile despite being tired and waved at them, advising them to get home safely.

He heaved a sigh of relief. It was a tough day with the preschoolers despite working there for a little bit more than a year as a teacher. He had to create an agenda of what they were going to do during the day, he had to comfort the children that were crying when their parents leave them in the morning and also had to take care of them in case they were misbehaving or being clumsy.

But it was all worth it because Minhyuk loved to be surrounded by children. In fact, children were like a beacon of light in his life; they were bright, innocent and very adorable. It was due to his love for children that he decided to become a preschool teacher.

Out of all the things he could become, he felt being a teacher was his calling and he knew he wanted to be one. Growing up without parental figures made him think that maybe, there would be children just like him; growing up without any guidance in life. To those children, he wanted to be an inspiration, a source of comfort.

He wanted to let them know that their home situation wasn't a flaw, that they can still flourish and still be loved by people who aren't even related to them by blood.

Minhyuk knew he was thinking too much into the future by wanting to become their inspiration and source of comfort because they were merely children, but he feels that a good attitude is stemmed from childhood. that's when he knew he will always want the best for his cute students.

Despite that, only the staff and teachers at his current workplace knew of his good intention, but because male preschool teachers were still not common in today's era, parents were becoming warier of him. They kept their children at bay whenever Minhyuk was around.

He didn't know what fueled the rumors but whenever the next day arrives, the parents, mostly the mothers, are even more hostile towards him compared to the previous day.

Minhyuk grunted in frustration. At the back of his mind, he knew the reason why the parents, mostly the mothers, were so opposed to him. He knew about that particular rumour that was beginning to surround him as days passes, but he didn't realise it would affect him this much, even his private life. All he felt he could do now was to continue being a great teacher towards his students. That's all that matters now.

Munhee woke up in cold sweat again. She didn't know why it kept happening these days, but she was growing tired of it. It was as if fate was showing her a sign, a premonition that something was going to happen to her. The only thing she didn't know was that if it was going to be a good thing or a bad one. The fact that it keeps on happening at night was troubling her. All she wanted these days, was a peaceful sleep so that she can get through the day.

But she knew that "a peaceful sleep" was a wish that would end up being futile.

It was barely past 4 o'clock in the morning after she woke up from the disturbance. Her memories were a blur and she never knew what she did during that short blackout. Her condition every night made her paranoid and annoyed her to no end because she was anxious. She was anxious because what if she made a mistake and she didn't know about it? She didn't want to burden her family or friends with the information because she knew they had enough on their plates as it is.

She'd rather suffer alone and be quiet about all of it. Munhee felt that she didn't feel the need to tell them about it because it was her own problem and her own condition that happened out of a sudden, and that's the weird thing. This weird condition of hers started out of nowhere and she didn't have any clue on where to start searching for answers.

Maybe the world was telling her that she should wait, that answers will come in due time soon but her patience was running thin. Although it looks like she got a hang of it, that she's used to not knowing what happened, it still made her panicked whenever someone asked her regarding the night before. It's been 3 years since it happened and this condition of hers frightened her to no end till this day.

For now, she decided that she will wait. She will wait for the answers that she's been praying for every single day without fail. And until that day arrives, she decided that she will tackle each day with vigour, because all that was left is hope, and she will be hanging onto this hope till the very end.


A/N:

wow, I honestly didn't know what to write for the second half of the story but I'm kind of glad it turned out this way. I've been wanting to write a melodrama kind of genre for so long and I finally started. I hope my inspiration for this story won't fade!!!