worth it

spell

'Let me go!' screams went through the main floor of the mansion when young boy were dragged in front of the warlock to the library room which he was staying in at the time by two of gang members. One thing that everyone had to admit was that they had a pretty cohesive look. Leather jackets, black pants, heavy boots and either short or well maintained hairstyles in that typical rockabilly fashion. Looking slightly like few decades late for the newest fashion trends. 
Junhong, young boy dragged into the room was well known by entire group. Unfortunatelly. Always trying to get into the gang or take an apprenticeship by Bang Yongguk, the head of this secret group. Secret, of course, when it comes to the location or moves they were making. Not-so-secret when we speak about how famous they were. Because entire city knew who they are. And that is better to cross the street when one of them were coming about. 
Zelo, from the other hand, which was a nickname of our reckless boy wanted so badly to be a part of the organization even more to get close to Yongguk. Known as the best warlock of this land. It was also known that he never took anyone under his wings. Never. That's why the fact that a kid was so nosy got some members really annoyed especially that Bang seamed to never mind that irritating kid. 

'Again?' Bang asked, when the kid was pushed forward to face older man, sitting comfortably in his armchair. 
'Oh, c'mon. You gotta give me a chance! Just one.' begged younger, making rapid movements in his hands, putting them together in that typical gesture. 
'No way, kid. I told you.'
'I'm not a kid! I'm 19 I can take care of myself!' screamed Zelo which made Yongguk laugh. Holding his hand to his forehead, looked at younger with that resigned kind of face.
'What can I do with you, hm? You not even fear as, as you supposed to. I'm guessing you don't really have much to lose in your life, don't you?' asked elder with his typical, raspy voice. Making a hand gesture so that these two of his followers that bringed the kid inside would leave. When doors locked older male grabbed a pack of cigarettes, lightining up one of them. When the big cloud of smoke left his mouth for the first time he finally spoke, spreading his arms widely. 'This. This all. All of the books that I've read and written. Entire library of knowledge which all of these peasants would love to even smell. See from far away. Be aware of its existance or dreamed of for years. What the makes you different to the point that you think you deserve to be that person, ha?' even tho Bang used the swear word his voice was staying entire time at the same level. Monotone yet dark. Not bothered. 

Junhong was just staying there. Words that left Yongguk's mouth let him speechless. It's true. He never thought about it that way, running after the idea of him doing some magic that he always wanted to. The idea of not being worth it never crossed his teenage minds, but in the same time... 
'If I already know of its existance what makes me not worth it tho? It doesn't matter innit? You gon die some day, everyone gon die. Why can't I try and do something what I like?' asked younger vigorously. Seeing his chance of getting into the elder's minds. Maybe connecting with him for a second or to his younger self! The one more adventurous and hungry for knowledge... 
'Oh for 's sake. Coz I say so.' was heard in the answer. Moment after he clicked his finger and within a seconds younger was yet again dragged outside to be thrown out of the mansion. 


Sitting in his chair, smoking another cigarette, Yongguk was only thinking about that bright little being few hours in front of him.
'We all gonna die. Interesting.' said warlock, looking into fireplace, flames dancing slowly lighting up the dark insides of the room. Warming it up.