~~~~~

Goodbye Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Are you serious!” Hana couldn’t help but to yell at her boyfriend, her heart was shattering within her chest and the only way to stop the sudden pain, was the scream out the torture. “We made plans Jungkook!” She yelled again, her fingers curling around the beautifully decorated table, reserved for two but was only met with one.

“You know I want to be there” Jungkook whispered, and though he sounded guilty, she couldn’t find forgiveness so easily. “Hey” he spoke with more volume, he must have heard her sniffling on the other end “babe, don’t cry please… I want to be there too.”

“Then why aren’t you!?” She spat like venom, earning herself several side glances from the other diners, and from the staff that looked disapproving of the sudden outburst. She felt embarrassed, all eyes were suddenly casted upon her, whispers flooding the diner that was once full of buzz. She felt pathetic, waiting for hours for someone who didn’t have the decency to even call her first. She felt worthless, because he couldn’t even offer her two hours, after weeks of waiting for his schedule to clear up.

“I’m sorry” he had said that to her several times, but it no longer eased the pain within her chest, it no longer held sincerity behind it. He was becoming a robot on repeat, and yet her heart continued to bleed for the android. “I’ll make it up to you hmm? Tomorrow, just you and me and a movie on the couch.”

“Promise?” She whispered the words, releasing the poor fabric that was clenched within her numbing fingers.

“Yes, I promise.” Jungkook spoke softly, making kissy noises into the phone. “I’ll see you tomorrow, can’t wait.”

~*~*~*~

Her heart jolted out of her chest when a knock sounded on her apartment door, her eyes leaving the bag of popping popcorn to instead stare towards the metal item. It had been almost a month since she last saw him, a deep breath escaping her lips as her hands reached to flatten her hair, ensuring she looked proper for her beautiful boyfriend. Checking her reflection within the microwave door, she would nod with confidence before opening the door, beaming the brightest smile she has been able to put on for weeks now.

“Hey Hana” a deep voice pulled her attention first, her eyes falling upon the slightly taller male, his wild longer hair curling at the edges “I smell popcorn!” Taehyung exclaimed with delight, pushing himself into the apartment, finally revealing the male whom she had been dying to see.

“Hey” he whispered, his arms staying at his side and not offering a comforting hug, not showing any signs of missing her the way she had been missing him. “I hope you don’t mind that I brought Hyung here, he had no where to go” he offered a bunny smile, and her heart couldn’t stay mad at such a loving picture.

“It’s okay” she smiled despite the amount of pain that clang towards her chest, no matter how truly upset she was not to be spending the time alone with her boyfriend of two years. “I missed you” she declared instead, taking a step forward to embrace him, but was alarmed when he suddenly walked past her and into the apartment, meeting with Taehyung within the kitchen and exploring the snack options.

‘Hyung this, Hyung that, Hyung, Hyung, Hyung’ it was as though she was no longer there, catching the last ha of his string of laughter. She suddenly did not exist within his world any longer, it was only him and his career, his bandmates, and his fans. There was no room for Kim Hana within his life any longer, she was a shadow in his light, and she was slowly becoming invisible.

“Thanks for having me” Taehyung was always the sweetest boy, his smile being enough to almost comfort her dying heart, almost being enough to make her feel slightly better.

“Yeah no problem” she smiled despite the pain, engulfed within his arms and forced into a good quality hug, her eyes glancing towards her boyfriend for approval, but his eyes were locked upon his phone, showing no interest towards her. “Thanks for coming” she whispered, pulling the only warmth slightly closer, alarmed when his head lowered down, and his mouth reached her ear.

“He’s just going through some things” Taehyung’s deep voice whispered, her eyes growing large as he pulled away and their eyes connected “just stay strong okay?”

~*~*~*~

It was difficult to stay strong. It had been days since they had come over for movies, and she wished to grant her boyfriend time. She did not send a message to his phone, she did not try reaching out to him, she kept to herself and truly thought that he would come to her in his own time. Yet as the days passed by, her hopes had been dampened, and she finally broke her own rules, her fingers scrolling over his contact, before pushing the call button.

“Hey Hana” his voice, she had missed it so much.

“Hey Kookie” she answered, and silence surrounded them. She had nothing to speak with him about, he had somehow become a large mystery within her life. He no longer shared his activities with her, no longer opened his heart to her. He was pushing her away, and she was now on the edge of a cliff, waiting for the final shove to push her away forever.

“Have you been okay?” He had been the one to break the silence, her eyes watering as the tears spilled from the vessels. burned with the words she wanted to speak, her heart shattered with the thought of losing him. Yet she was no selfish enough to keep him chained, she would set him free. She only wanted him to be happy, not miserable.

“Let’s break up” she managed to keep her composure, her teeth biting into her hand to keep the sobs from echoing onto the phone, silence ringing between them once again.

“Are you sure?” As she had suspected, he was willing to let go. He was no longer involved within the relationship, he had been hanging on by the slightest of clutches.

“Yes” No, she wasn’t sure of losing him or how it would affect her, but she was certain that she wanted his happiness above anything else. She wanted him to smile again, to be excited when he had time off of his busy schedule.

“Okay” his words were the final swing of the piercing sword.

“Okay” she repeated, hanging up for she knew she could no longer keep her composure. She was broken, she couldn’t pretend to be okay.

~*~ Jungkook’s POV ~*~

‘Let’s break up’ those words echoed through his mind every day and night, and every time he tried to find a distraction, there was always something there to remind him of the girl he once tried to avoid. Today, it was the hoody she returned when the boys were on tour. She had stolen it from him during one of their first dates, claiming she was cold despite the temperatures being higher than usual. Of course, he didn’t know to offer her the hoody, but luckily for him, she simple stole the fabric from him and claimed it as her own.

It was never supposed to go further than a few dates here and there, they both agreed that they would be more friends than in a serious relationship. Yeah, they would cuddle on the couch, and share kisses here and there, but Jungkook never

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter