final

Stalkers

The night was dark. There was not even one star decorating the night sky, the moon was hiding behind the dark veil, not showing its almighty light. It was pretty cold this spring night as the winter had not past that long behind. The breeze was soft yet the cooling effect was strong. The air was humid. As if it was about to rain.

Maybe it would rain tonight.

Mir sighed. He should have not parked his car so far from the cinema. Now he had to walk faster and if luck side with him, he might reach his car before the first raindrop fall.

Haa... But he was feeling quite melancholic tonight that his steps were not as fast as he hoped it would. He wanted to rather enjoy the emptiness and darkness of the streets in the middle of the night.

It could be the movie he just watched alone just now.

The ending was... Gruesome..

Mir wondered if such ed up person exist. Man, the movie was definitely bone-chilling but the adrenaline rush the thriller movie provided had made him enjoyed it so much.

Suddenly Mir heard sounds coming from behind. Mir froze. He had a bad feeling about this. Mir turned quickly before the fear stop him dead but then a cat meow-ed at him.

Mir felt stupid.

"Go away, furball." Mir grumbled and continued his halted journey, letting his mind wandered back to the movie he watched just now.

That first scene was with dark screen and sounds of footsteps against the pavement replayed in his subconscious.

Step... Step... Step...

Mir shivered, hugging himself.

Step... Step... Step...

Wait a minute. That sound so real. Too real.

Mir slowed down his steps and he focused. The sound of footsteps were echoing behind him. Not too close yet not too far.

Mir swallowed. Nah... It couldn't be someone was following him.. Right..?

Mir fastened his steps, coincidentally or not, the footsteps behind him quickened as well. So, Mir slowed down again. Maybe that person behind him was rushing somewhere.

He was immediately feeling the fine hair behind his nape standing up when the footsteps echoing harmoniously with his.

Slowing down as well...

Instead of going straight to his car, Mir intentionally took a few right turn which meant he circled around the same alley a few times yet the person behind him was neatly following Mir.

He is being followed!

Mir felt his own breath quickened and his heart gradually beat faster he swore that thumping organ was so loud behind his ears, competing with his and that person's footsteps.

Mir thought,

'Maybe I should just make a run for it.'

 

Mir ran as fast as his legs could bring him yet he could never shake off the rushing footsteps behind him. Was that person just that fast or was it Mir who was too slow.

Admittedly, he was a slow runner. Heck, he never won 1st place in a short-distance race. He never even finished long-distance run back in his school days.

He could feel his legs aching, lactic acid were pooling in his muscles.

The footsteps behind him were faster and faster.

Mir was became slower and slower.

And that person is...

Closer and closer!

Mir gasped silently. He shook his head. No way. He was a slow runner. What if he couldn't outrun that person behind him and his attempt of running away would just flick the switch on and that person immediately attacked him?

Rob him or beat him or kill him or maybe even him because he was just too hot for that person to resist.

"! Why am I so good looking. I can't risk my crown." Mir muttered to himself. "If I got and it got on news, MBLAQ would suffer. My fans would leave me- Wait! MBLAQ!" Mir whisper-shout to himself.

He took out his phone and called the dependable ever so charismatic tiger leader. The leader answer after the second ring, his voice sound groggy and sleepy.

"Hyung. I'm being followed!"

There was a pause on the other line.

"Yah. You were just finished watching that thriller movie, weren't you?"

"How is that important now? But, yeah I did."

"What was it about? Was it nice?"

"Yeah. It is great. It's about someone being kidnapped and was trapped in a torture house trying to find way out."

"See.. You have too wild of an imagination. Buzz off. I need my beauty sleep."

The line was cut off.

Mir stared at the phone. What?

"You're not going to be pretty no matter how much you sleep you panda!" Mir gritted his teeth at the phone and dialed the last lifeline of his.

The ringing from the other side felt so long until Mir almost gave on ever getting help from GO when hope was given to him again as the call was finally answered.

"Hello, Cheolyong." GO greeted cheerfully.

"Hyung! Thank god! I was about to-"

"Bzzz. Cheol- Bzzkkk! Ssskkk... Uweek Uwekk... The line is to- Fkssh-"

And again, the call was cut off.

Mir clicked his tongue. Did GO think he was stupid? That much phlegm from the sound definitely human made. "Idiot Byunghee." Mir complaint with a pout.

He almost forget about the person following him when he was reminded by the sound of the footstep and rustling of clothes behind him.

Damn! Then he had no choice. He had to call the police- 'No! Not now! Don't die on me!'

Yet no matter how frantic his fingers upon the dark screen, it stayed dark. His phone ran out of the battery. He shouldn't have even bother calling the two idiot hyungs who didn't appreciate such an adorable maknae and talented rapper like him. If he died or something he was so going to turn into vengeful spirit and haunt these two jerks every night before dragging them down into hell!

Mir felt the footsteps were getting louder. Mir fastened his pace a little bit more. What else left now in his list of survival instinct? What else?

Fine! There is only this golden card left.

He had to bet all on this.

With a deep sigh, Mir gathered all of his courage. He was determined.

Ruffling his dark hair, Mir wiped his eyes which he knew the eyeliner he wore during photoshoot that evening just before the movie would smudge on the under eye area.

He slowly, ever so slowly stopped walking and he heard how the sound of the footsteps behind him died out as well.

Mir let his shoulder slumped, hunching over on himself like an old man with a bump on his back and started to silently laughing to himself. It was just a small sound under the breath and his shoulder was shaking at the sound he was making.

And as seconds past, his chuckles sounded clearer and Mir turned around to face his stalker, looking through his messy bangs with smudged eyes, he pulled the creepiest smile he could do and watch the male facing him and his chuckles sound like a little boy's chuckle. Not the innocent all rainbow and happiness chuckle but it was a sound of people could described as insidious and devilish.

A sound that would send spine-chilling terror to every single person who heard it even more so looking at the madness lurking inside Mir's eyes right now.

Mir praised himself for being such a good actor he almost felt his legs trembled at his own creepiness.

It seemed to work as the guy in the dark seemed to take a half-step back and shuddered.

"Uh... C-Cheolyong..." The guy stuttered.

Mir immediately stopped his dark aura acting and blinked cutely at the mysterious guy.

That guy sounded quite familiar...

"Uh... Hyung..." Mir let out once he was sure the guy that had been following him was in fact his very own manager. Damn.

"Are you... Okay?" The manager asked, take another step back, further than the MBLAQ maknae. "Do you perhaps need help?"

"No, hyung!" Mir reached out when his manager started to turn around, away from him. "I was just... Uh..."

"Yea, I'll just go get some help." Before Mir could say anything the manager had sprinted away so fast, Mir swore the dust around all scattered in the air at the speed that the scaredy-cat manager had left with.

Mir sighed. Now he became even crazier in the eyes of his coworkers.

Mir looked at his phone, forgot that his was already out of battery and he screamed like a little girl at the reflection of his own image on the dark screen. His messy hair and his eyeliner were smudged all over his eyes and face. He looked like a half-finished Joker it was not even funny.

No wonder his manager take off.

 

So the unsteady eyes and hidden panting of breath were lurking around in the shadow, watching as Mir was walking through the alley with eyes now focused on the mobile phone, fixing his hair and wiping the mess on his face. A voice as dark as mist echoed silently under an obsessive whisper.

"You will be mine."

 

 

I wonder if I can make a sequel of Mir actually being abducted lol but I have no idea...