final.

Can We Just Stay In Bed?

     It's a quiet morning in your average cramped college dorm. Scattered textbooks around a white wooden desk joined by random papers consisting of notes taken on a recent class lecture and doodles that have nothing to do with such topic. Fake potted plants are placed in the room, because the owner obviously "has no time for taking care of them." Behind the light white curtains, a spectacular bright yellow-orange sunrise can be seen, the scarlet rays slowly rising up from the skyscraper filled horizon.

     The faint chirps of morning birds and insects fill the atmosphere. A twin-sized bed is placed at the corner of the small room, and two sleeping figures can be seen surrounded by a dozen yellow ducky plushies. There's a moment of silence before one of the lumps on the bed springs up, blinking due to the morning light pouring in from the windows, scratching her bedhead. She yawns as she lazily rubs her eyes before she hears her tummy grumble and decides it's time for some morning grub.

     As she stretches and gets up to leave, she feels a hand reach out from under the covers and grab at her wrist. The duck-faced girl turns to the cause of her disruption, brows furrowed.

"Yuri-ah, I'm hungry!"

     She turns to leave again, yet the grip stays, tightening a bit. 

"Yuri-ah, it's already 10:00am!"

     Yuri's head pops out from under the pastel-like yellow duvet, her hair slightly messed up and a small pout visible on her features.

"But it's a Saturday... can't you wait a little longer?" The younger girl whines, mumbling a quiet but audible "I was hoping we could cuddle for a bit."

     The taller of the two contemplates for a bit, blushing before she shakes her head as if to get rid of her thoughts.

"No! I didn't even eat much of my dinner since we spent most of the night-" she pauses, her face turning a brighter shade of red, "Well, ya know..."

     The younger giggles a bit, pulling Yena lightly towards the bed.

"Look, I promise I'll make pancakes for you, but only if we stay in bed for a few more minutes."

     The lighter haired girl finally gives up as she crawls her way back into bed into the arms of the younger. The main vocal twirls her fingers around the older's silky hair, which smelled like the strawberry shampoo they had bought together a week ago at their local mall during their weekly dates. Yena sighs in contentment, taking in Yuri's warm embrace, the former burying her face deeper into the red-head's neck, giving it a gentle peck. They lay like that for a few seconds, before Yena whines in annoyance, getting up and putting her hands on the younger's shoulders.

"Alright, we've canoodled for long enough, now go and make me pancakes!" she grumbles, her eyebrows scrunching up and her signature pout returning.  

     Yuri scoffs, "Did you just say 'canoodling?'" 

     Yena gets up to leave, grumbling along the way while adjusting her over-sized shirt.

"I'll be waiting in the kitchen!" is what she says before leaving the room.

     Yuri stays in her current position, laying down and staring at the ceiling, dazing out. She reflects upon how incredibly whipped she is for the older girl. 

     She jumps up startled at the sudden outburst coming from the kitchen.

"YURI, I'M WAITING!"

     The redhead sighs, lazily getting up from the messy bed, chuckling quietly to herself.

"Coming!"