CHAPTER 1

Faith

It is dark and quiet around Hansa- gil. A street lamp decided to break down, just when a stumbling young girl tries to get on her feet back. No clue what time is it, but she tries her best to return home. 

Her mother never taught her to return home late at night. Even if she's living alone, she never do things that her mother told not to.

Her left arm stuck on her chest for the last 30 minutes of stumbling and crawling. Her right ankle, she's guessing it's a little torn but nevermind.

 She has to arrive home early. Her head feels like it's breaking and blood from her forehead to her pink cheek but it's okay, she has her home. Blood running down her nose and so does between her legs but nevermind, she needs to be at home. At home where it's all going to be okay.

She smiles at the the thought of warm bath while watching Friends the series, having a glass of wine laughing at Ross and Rachel 'We Were on a Break' and Chandler's sarcasms. Yeah, she's been busy with her cases that she hasn't watch these anymore that she begins to miss them.

"Ten steps to go, and it will be alright"

****************************

"119, what's your emergency?"

"A young lady is found at a the side of a road. I need someone to come fast!" a middle-aged man speaking to his phone, in a rush manner. 

It's fifteen minutes past three in the morning, the guy walks out of car towards his house when he saw a young lady lying down unconciously, bleeding. No signs of breathing, he quickly placed his two fingers on her neck to see whether she still alive. Shockingly, she is. 

Without hesistant, he quickly dial for emergency.

"What do you need sir? Ambulance, police or firemen?"

"I don't know?! Ambulance maybe?"

"Can you identify your location, sir?"

****************************
*Ring*

He picks up his phone from the desk with his right hand while his left hand still holding a bloody glass of whiskey. "Yes?"

"Is this Ahn So Hee's family member?" a stern male voice could be heard.

"Yes, this is her husband. How may I help you, sir?"

"Mrs. Ahn was found unconcious at a side of a road. She is currently admitted to K hospital. Are you able to come as fast as you can sir?"

"Sure, no problem" his calm voice answered as he cuts the call and put his phone back on the desk, continue to sip on the whiskey.


_________________________________________

*A Year Before*

"Are you sure you're alright? You could rest. I mean,  grandpa would understand if you can't come to his birthday party tonight, darling" a middle-aged man named Ahn Bin   talking on the phone, to a beloved that he hasn't meet for almost 5 years now.

"It's okay, dad. I promise right after I give grandpa his birthday present and a little fun at the party, I'll be home and have all the rest that I need. Don't you worry" she assures her father, struggling to push the luggage cart in the airport with all the bags she has. Having 9 hours up on the air, she is 100% assured that for the next three days, she will have jet-lag.

"I'm sorry I couldn't pick you up at the airport darling. I just had to make sure everything's okay for tonight. I hope you can forgive me" trying to persuade the daughter, she laughs at the other end. 

"No worries. I am a grown up lady. I can take care of everything on my own. See you tonight! Love you!" she hangs up after receiving respond from her father.
 
Arrived outside of the airport, she stops walking and starts looking around. A view that she hasn't seen for the last 5 years. A view that she misses so much.

"Welcome home, Ahn So Hee"