Magazine

She's Mine
Please log in to read the full chapter

Wonyoung had always been pretty. Yujin knew that. Even the whole South Korea knows it.

 

 

 

 

 

Aside from her physical appearance, personality wise is what makes her adorable…

 

 

 

It wasn't her bias opinion anyways. It was simple, objective fact. In the years she’d known her, she'd always been aware but just like with Minjoo and Sakura and the rest of the izone girlfriend material, and it’d never really registered as anything but unprejudiced reality. Some people just happened to look better than others and Wonyoung had always been one of the lucky ones.

 

 

 

 

But as Yujin leafed through the latest edition of JJ Magazine for February 2019, she had to admit that she had outdone herself.

 

 

 

 

 

Her chubby cheeks I like it that when she smiles it curve upward, makes me want to cuddle with her.

 

 

 

Wonyoung hadn't told her about this second photo shoot, so when she'd been walking casually at convenience store in front of their dorm and had spotted the familiar face at a local newsstand, surprise and curiosity had compelled her to look through the publication.

 

 

 

 

And even Yujin in her simple nature and a usually cold stoic face, was caught off guard by how some guys now was ogling at the front cover of the magazine.

 

 

 

 

The shots weren't taken  any seductive in the first place, so Wonyoung wasn't dressed in one of the usual tight-fitting bikinis she was used when they were in a private resort with their members. From what she could tell from the cover, she had on an off-white gown made of ruffles, reminiscent of a Greek goddess's robe, and it all clung to her, wet, as if she had just risen from the depths of the water.

 

 

 

And the background of fireflies makes her beauty more ethereal.Her brunette hair wasn't done up as it usually was, but fell in soft waves around her shoulders.

 

 

 

 

And her face…pale, pale skin with touches of purple brushing over the lids of her eyes; gloss gliding over her pink lips. Really, it was her expression that threw her, she was smiling so gently she looked like porcelain.

 

 

 

 

Her smile as always never failed me, it was alluring.

 

 

 

 

Yujin could hardly keep from staring. Pretty didn't seem potent enough to describe her now. She gulped, surprised at the dryness in . She was—

 

 

 

 

 

"Man, that Wonyoung's one hot piece of , hm?"

 

 

 

Quickly, Yujin turned to the owner of the voice to find a man, somewhere in his thirty’s, glancing lecherously through the same magazine. The older male turned to her, grinning. "I saw how you were lookin' at her. “Hoo-youngster, what a hot stare."

 

 

 

 

Does this man does not know who am I? I am a group mate of the one you just fantasized just now.Well I dressed myself like a guy today so yeah it is normal that nobody noticed since I wear a cap and a loose shirts and pants but—

 

 

 

 

 

She glared too hard, irrationally irritated, but the stranger didn't seem to notice. "Can't say that I blame ya' though. Sakura’s always been my dream woman, since I saw her gravure photoshoots when she is in AKB  but Wonyoung…she's something." The guy took a sip from a coffee he was drinking.

 

 

 

 

Yujin did her best to ignore him, averting her stare to the glossy pages in her hands.

 

 

 

Annoying.

 

Go to hell. Gramps.

 

 

 

 

 

But the man didn't know when to quit. He elbowed Yujin lightly, as if making a joke with a friend he'd known for years. "Did you check out her profile? Those measurements?"

 

 

 

 

Yujin wrinkled her nose in disgust, but turned to the page in.

 

 

 

 

Name:Jang Wonyoung

 

Age:15 at Korean age (14 Internationally)

 

 

Group:Iz*one

 

 

Measurements? ?-?-? (I dunno so leave it like that)

 

Status: SINGLE

 

 

 

This young, brunette bombshell has got it all. The looks—a pretty face and, did you not see those measurements? She won number 1 at Produce 48 at a young age ; And the wealth—I heard her parents own a business.How is it possible that this triple threat is still single—

 

 

 

 

The article went on to describe various useless, general details about Wonyoung like her favorite colors and movies, and ended with a short interview filled with more useless, general, Wonyoung details.

 

 

 

 

Yujin was bored to tears.She couldn't quite understand how someone could write so much about Wonyoung and still totally miss the mark-

 

 

 

I hate this type of magazine,why Wonyoung did not told me this…Can I just buy all the copy that they will released???

 

 

 

"See, see! Didn't I tell ya?" The older guy piped up once more. He stared at the magazine in his hands so intently, you'd think he were ogling the real deal.

 

 

 

Stop oggling at her body she is just a kid for Godsake…..I’m gonna sue you

 

 

 

He held out his free hand in a cupping manner and stare at Wonyoung’s chest, awe in his voice and coffee on his breath, "They must be like-."

 

 

 

Something surged within Yujin, what she recognized as the beginnings of fury.

 

 

"Hey," she finally spoke, "Can you shut up?"

 

 

 

Your erted eyes disgusted me.

 

 

 

 

He guessed the latter, "Oh, you don't have ta' be embarrassed, kiddo…" Before he could swing an arm around the Yujin’s, she effectively dodged, seething,

 

 

"I'm not embarrassed, old man. And hell no, I'm not your child!"

 

 

 

The man laughed him off, the slur in his words becoming that much more evident, "Ssssure you're not. No need to get riled up…" He smiled crookedly, "I was jus' agreeing with you that Wonyoung would be a gooooood lay—"

 

 

 

 

Snap.

 

 

 

BAM.

 

 

 

 

The next second, the man was on the floor, unconscious, a large bruise blossoming upon his left cheek and Yujin was stalking angrily away.

 

 

That’s what you get for talking too much…

 

 

 

 

She’d thought immediately of going back to dorm to cool off but probably Wonyoung was there she does not want to know what happened today.So instead she just go to the nearest café.

 

 

 

 

 

As she walked through the entrance and took a seat at one of the many wooden tables, she could already feel herself grin—

 

 

 

"Ah, Yujin, did you see Wonyoung on the cover of JJ Magazine?!"

 

 

 

Oh no.

 

Now I can’t even escaped here since the workers of this café become my friends and they knew my identity even if I dressed like a hobo. This café had always been my safe haven. They respect my privacy but maybe today is not my day.

 

 

 

 

 

"She was so cute."

 

 

 

She shrugged, again trying to appear as apathetic as possible.

 

 

 

A few other male workers came bounding up to her and Yujin irately wondered if she had a sign taped to her back that said, 'Come on male friends! Let's talk about how pretty Wonyoung was in her cover spread!'

 

 

 

 

These people were her friends who respect her privacy and hide her if some fans catching her. They weren't drunks off the street, making lewd comments about wanting to get in Wonyoung’s skirt—

 

 

 

 

"Whoa, she is such a catch, Yujin. How could I have not noticed before—"

 

 

 

"Check out these measurements! —"

 

 

 

"Your groupmate is cute. Can you introduce us—"

 

 

 

Though they were starting to sound irritatingly familiar for the first time.

 

 

 

Yujin gritted her teeth, frustration quickly boiling into something more intense.

 

 

 

Being hot headed, Yujin was naturally prone to fits of irritation. But to be feeling so completely annoyed, it is something so different.

 

 

 

"Hey, Yujin, do you know if she was dating someone?!—"

 

 

 

The short-haired teenager stood up abruptly and she couldn't help the glower in her eyes, "Why don't you asked her that by yourself?"

 

 

 

The guys were partly awed and partly shaken in her wake as it is the first time it happens.

 

 

 

Yujin approached the counter, sighing as she sat down and laid her head on the table.

 

 

 

"Hey unnie," she offered, voice muffled between her arms.

 

 

 

The woman just smiled at Yujin's deflated form and semi-irritated expression. She had an innate intuition about these kinds of things.

 

 

 

"You saw Wonyoung's cover, didn't you, Yujin?"

 

 

 

She nodded slowly, idly wondering how she could always guess so accurately.

 

 

 

The woman just grinned, gently, "Wonyoung was really pretty, wasn't she?"

 

 

 

Yujin shrugged, lifting her head to rest upon her folded arms. The woman had been thoroughly expecting her noncommittal answer as always, but when Yujin followed up with a soft,

"Yeah", the woman blinked in surprise.

 

 

 

This is not the usual Yujin.

 

 

She giggled, "Wow, so you admitted it."

 

 

 

 

 

Yujin gave her a weird look, immediately going on the defensive, "…So? So, what if I think Wonyoung's pretty.. All my member’s are pretty. You're all very pretty!"

 

 

 

The elder girl smiled almost sympathetically, "So…you're annoyed because we're all very pretty?"

 

 

 

"No!" Yujin exclaimed, suddenly slamming her hands down upon the bar, "I'm annoyed 'cause Wonyoung's very pretty!"

 

 

 

 

 

She simply listened on as Yujin continued to rant, "She's pretty. Ok. So what?! I mean, did you see the article? That was basically all it said! Wonyoung is a pretty, rich girl, a new nation’s ideal girl!"

 

 

 

Yujin huffed, taking in quick, frustrated breaths, "And then suddenly, just because of this stupid cover, all these guys want her and they're asking me if I think she's cute or if I'd introduce them—and it's annoying!"

 

 

 

 

 

As Yujin took a second to calm down, the elder girl pointed out in a soft voice, "Yujin, guys have always been looking at Wonyoung. She didn't suddenly get cute overnight, whether or not you noticed. And you've never been bothered by it before."

 

 

 

 

The woman shot Yujin a considerate look, before leaving her alone to think.

 

 

 

 

It was true. In the beginning, she hardly even regarded Wonyoung as the prettiest—she didn't ogle her whenever she wore anything particularly revealing, she didn't bat an eyelash when she'd compliment her or say something remotely flirtatious, she barged into her house before even without invitation, even if she was showering, and she paid no attention to the lewd comments that she always picked up from guys who thought she was out of earshot.

 

 

 

So why was I am now reacting so…intensely?

 

 

 

 

She’d knocked out a man for speaking so lecherously about her, and she’d alienated the guy workers here who'd been asking her so openly about her attractiveness.

 

 

 

Why?

 

 

 

And it suddenly clicked. …

 

 

 

Something had shifted. Something in their rel

Please log in to read the full chapter