the death of romance. (part 1)

rewrite the universe
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Remember to walk as if you are a floating lily in the middle of the pond-"

"Yes, mo-"

"Don't look at me. Look straight to the front, chin up, shoulders back and smile." Her mother had tapped her chin with her fan. A thin but mysterious smile is plastered on her lips. This is the mask her mother has passed over her ever since she was a child, the only female descendant in their kingdom. Composure and elegance is the top priority in all situations. 

That mantra breaks as Heejin puffs out her cheeks in boredom and throws herself at her mother, the Queen of Atheleya. "Mom, I am already a proper lady. I don't want to train anymore." she nags, waiting for her stern gaze to be melted by her action of wanting to tear her disposition. "I have already mastered it for a long time. Are you calling me merely for this? Especially while I was horse-riding with Dmitri."

Her mother looks down at her round and sparkly, begging eyes and sighs in defeat, pushing her head away with the edge of her fan, "Well, I am aware that I have done an incredible job in drilling those etiquettes in to you, since you don't listen to anyone but me." Heejin ignores the negatives when it comes to her mother. "But, this is due to a very important meeting with someone."

"I have always kept my manners no matter who it is regardless of their social status, Your Majesty," she replies with a listless look, heading towards the door. "Ugh, I'm going. There is nothing to do here."

"This training is important to keep your etiquettes in check while your temper disturbs you," her mother's words who has an edge to it stops her from turning the door knob open. "To keep your composure amongst upcoming trifling moments."

Turning on her riding shoes, Heejin starts to conjure all possibilities of the incoming people that might irritate her. as she stomps towards her mom. "What kind of moments might that be, Your Majesty?" Clenching on her fists, she begins to feel sweats covering her fists.

Along all these years, there is one thing that Heejin wishes to never happen in her life.

A sigh escapes her mother's lips, shaking  Heejin in her shoes. "To meet your fiancee."

There is a crack in the face of the composed Heejin when she is riled to her worst temper.

"Where is father?" She lets her head falls, trying to contain the tremor in her voice. She throws away her riding gloves to the ground, feeling her anger dripping off her skin. When her mother stays silent, her head jolts up to face her. "Where is he?"

Her mother turns away from her face who looks hollow yet at the same time livid and disappointed. "I will only tell you if you keep your composure. Your fiancee is in  his presence."

"I am, Mother," she lays out a sardonic smile, sarcasm seething through her teeth. She feels her chest tigtened with every step she takes not able to kick anything around her. "I want to see him."

"Then, change your clothe-"

"No," she states firmly, her eyes shaking and no other words coming out of can stop her. "I am just so eager in meeting my fiancee that I ran all the way here, Mother! I have no time to change!" Clasping her fingers, she fakes the happiness and the joy to knock her temper to the top. Because Heejin is already imploding.

"Let the formalities loose just for today. After all, Father could care less about the courtesy in keeping a promise right? To begin with, with his family member?" Her mother flinches at her empty, smiling eyes. To think that her only daughter remains to own the shortest fuse for a temper. 

"They are having tea, in the garden," the queen already places herself on the leather seat, not knowing whether to join or rest aside to not watch the impending doom. "What are you trying to do?"

She walks and approaches the long mirror by the side of her mother's bedroom. Her parents' bedroom. Fixing her wavy black hair that is tied into a high ponytail, dusting off any dirt from her pants and her blazer. Her bright and round, pure looking eyes stare back. Somehow, she is still disatisfied how frail her disposition is, despite the harsh training and attempts to buff her muscles. "I'm just going for an investigation, Mother. Don't worry."

 

 

 

"Your Highness, I've heard that you've requested my presence."

When his father's eyes land on hers and as he does a quick scan through her attire, Heejin maintains that proper and prim smile he always loves. Even though he knows that there is no happiness behind that smile for a very blatant reason that he can't even atone. "My dear daughter, it seems that you've rushed yourself here." Even the flowers that decorate her landscape can't hold a candle towards her pristine loveliness that seems untouched. Heejin has mastered the art of using this seemingly heavenly appearance of hers for her advantage.

"Well, it is not everyday that Your Highness requested my presence all of the sudden." she bows a little, her eyes unmoving and stills to keep her Father's gaze. Then, it switches to the man sitting across of him who has his legs crossed, one arm resting by the white wooden arm chair and the other lays upon his knee. "My apologies, it seems that Your Majesty is occupied by other matters." This must be him. From the moment she struts in, she has noticed his exitence that stands out with the formal attire he is wearing. Heejin sees glimpses of a black tail coat with golden buttons wrapped with mandarin collar by the top and epaulets adorning his shoulders. His golden blonde hair gleams above the warm sun as it is parted neatly but not too neat.

"Don't worry. I've meant to introduced the two of you. This is Prince Qian Kun from the Kingdom of Ilios, and here is my only daughter, Heejin."

Rising from his seat, he bows

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter