one

I Like It When You Sleep
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jongin knows much about dreams.

For example, that dreaming occurs only during rapid eye movement, more popularly known as REM, one of the five stages of sleep.

That we can only dream faces we have seen before.

That animals also dream in their sleep and that there are some people out there who dream solely in black and white.

There is lucid dreaming, too—it is a kind of dream during which we are aware we are dreaming and then, as a result, we are able to control its plot, environment and dynamic.

See? Jongin knows so much about dreams.

He has spent a large part of his life exploring the subject. As a quiet yet curious child, he pored over pages and pages of thick encyclopedias he found in his father’s study. Then, as a busy member of EXO, he uses a good amount of his time backstage and sparse days off to pick up a read, both light and heavy, on that topic. Altogether, he has digested virtually all dream-related books in his family’s private library and in the entire collection of every single major bookstore chain in South Korea.

Knowing this, Krystal—of course only back when they were still talking to each other—had promptly directed him to her favorite hipster foreign bookstore in Itaewon.

Under the brilliant, orange evening sun, he used to tilt his head to a side and, as politely as possible, ask her to translate some parts of a chapter into the Korean language.

Now, he understands enough without needing her assistance. Now, even the most complicated English word is easier to understand than her.

“Why are you, like, so obsessed with dreams?” Krystal once demanded, a slight frown marring her pretty face.

Quietly taking note of said frown and at last deciding he did not really care, he shrugged his shoulders and said, “Because I never dream?”

“W—what?”

He sneered at himself then, his facial expression suddenly ugly.

Yes. The truth is, Jongin knows everyt

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter