Of Interruptions and French Toasts

Please Say You Love Me

 

 

It’s one of those Sunday mornings for the group wherein all of them are free from any schedules. During times like these, they would all agree to have either breakfast, lunch, or dinner all together. This time, everyone agreed to eat breakfast together, mostly because they all would like a taste of the breakfasts that Chaeyeon cooks for the residents of the 2nd dorm.


 

Which is why here Chaeyeon is, inside the first dorm’s kitchen, cooking breakfast peacefully and harmoniously with their leader for all 12 of them, when all of a sudden all hell seems to have broken loose in the living room.


 

“CHAEYEON UNNIE!!! YOU NEED TO SEE THIS!”

 

“CHAEYEON UNNIE COME HERE QUICK WE HAVE SOMETHING TO–”

 

“CHAEYEON UNNIE–”


 

Chaeyeon looks at Eunbi and the older of the two could only laugh at the situation. “Looks like duty calls. Can you take over the cooking for a while unnie?”

 

Chuckling, the charismatic leader waves the blonde girl off. “Gladly. I don’t want whatever is happening in the living room to get any worse.”

 

Taking her apron off, the blonde girl makes her way towards their living room, and the scene that she witnesses made her laugh.


 

“Let me watch too!”

 

“Mffyoor dwoo yang bfor dwis!”


 

Wonyoung is trying to cover Yujin’s mouth while also trying to snatch the iPad from the older girl's hold. They look like they're wrestling with each other, and Chaeyeon wonders how can both of them still be on the couch.

 

“You guys were calling for me?” The blonde girl interjects the two maknaes’ wrestling match when she decided to announce her presence.

 

Both girls stopped and turned to look at her, their eyes sparkling with mischief. It made Chaeyeon slightly nervous of what the two girls hold behind those grins on their faces.

 

“CHAEYEON UNNIE LOOK AT THIS!”

 

“CHAEYEON UNNIE HAVE YOU SEEN THIS?!”

 

Yujin and Wonyoung drags Chaeyeon towards the couch and forcibly makes the latter sit, with the two girls situated beside her, making her fall unceremoniously on the couch. Still dumbfounded of what the two energetic kids are rambling about, Chaeyeon nonchalantly sits up properly, as if this is a normal occurrence for her. Now sandwiched in between their two maknaes, the blonde girl turns to both of them. “What are you two even talking about?”

 

“THIS!” The two said in unison, shoving a tablet too close to Chaeyeon's face to the point that the latter got double vision and couldn't make out what they're trying to show her. It seems to be Minjoo’s iPad. Has Yujin gotten Minjoo’s permission to use it? The older doesn't know.

 

Taking a hold of the device, the blonde girl adjusts it so that she could see whatever it is on screen.


 

“This seems like a concert.” Chaeyeon discerns.


 

“Wait, you haven't seen this yet?!” Wonyoung sounded appalled, and all that Chaeyeon could do was nod, still not taking her eyes off the tablet.

 

Chaeyeon could hear a loud “HA! Told you so!” from their big puppy Yujin. Ignoring the maknaes, Chaeyeon takes a better look at the video that has yet to be played on the tablet, and there she saw that among the girls there in the thumbnail was Sakura and Nako.

 

A smile was already forming on her lips seeing the two J-line girls back when she still hadn't known them, Chaeyeon adores them after all. But the blonde girl's smile slowly fades when she plays the video.

 

Chaeyeon's eyebrow twitches.

 

The two teenagers beside her turns their attention back to the video and started squealing. Yujin is occasionally shoving her, and on the other side Wonyoung is lightly hitting her arm.

 

But the two giddy maknaes isn't the reason behind the frown that unconsciously forms on the blonde girl's face.


 

It's what they're watching.


 

It's Sakura… and a girl kissing her on the lips.


 

Whatever sound that came out from the two girls beside her because of what they witnessed in the video, Chaeyeon had already tuned out. The latter too focused on the clip that was playing to even give a damn on what’s happening around her.

 

Chaeyeon felt a tightening inside her chest.

 

In the video, Sakura blushes after the intimate interaction. The crowd, and the other girls on stage, including a flustered Nako, went wild. Every single person in the video were screaming, getting all shy and giddy at witnessing the show.

 

The video goes on and that's when Chaeyeon realizes that it is a compilation of Sakura kissing other girls.

 

With every kissing scene that pops up, the two maknaes squeal beside her, making Chaeyeon's ears hurt.

 

With every kissing scene that pops up, the tightening in her chest continues, making Chaeyeon's heart hurt.

 

Still, the blonde girl continues to brave through it, trying her best to look as unaffected as possible. As soon as the video ends, Chaeyeon can already feel the two younger girls eyes staring at her, as if waiting for a reaction from her.

 

“What?” Chaeyeon asks the two.


 

Yujin squints her eyes at the older girl. “That’s it unnie? That’s your reaction?”


 

“Yes?”


 

“Ah. I lost the bet.” Wonyoung dejectedly sighs, plopping her whole body on the couch. “I thought you’ve seen this already unnie.”


 

It was only then that the blonde girl’s attention snapped back to the two maknaes beside her. “You two had bet on this?”

 

Yujin just triumphantly grins as a response while Wonyoung sighs.


 

“Why?”


 

The two girls looks at each other and just shrugs. “We just saw the video on the internet and I said that you might not have seen this, but then Wonyoung said that you must've seen this already. So, we made a bet!”


 

It was Chaeyeon's turn to sigh. The older really doesn't get what goes on inside their two maknaes’ minds sometimes. Chaeyeon thought that betting on something like that was ridiculous.

 

Because the video is ridiculous.


 

“But isn’t it interesting? The Japanese culture when it comes to kissing?” Again, it was Yujin who goes back to the kissing topic. The big puppy nudges the blonde girl, probing an answer from her.


 

“Yeah! Isn’t it fascinating unnie?” Wonyoung adds, looking all expectant.


 

“W-well… I-I m-mean…”


 

“True! Isn’t it fascinating Chaeyeon-ah?”


 

All of a sudden, a voice directly from behind them asks, rendering the three girls to get surprised and jumpy to the point that Wonyoung almost fell off the couch. As the three looked behind, then and there is none other than their leader, leaning on the couch headrest, staring at them with amusement.


 

“Eunbi unnie, since when were you there?” Chaeyeon asks, clutching her chest due to the sudden shock.


 

“Since I finished cooking the french toasts.”


 

Yujin raises an eyebrow. “Which means starting?...”


 

“Hmm.. Starting from that clip of Sakura kissing a girl in a school uniform.” Eunbi then points to the iPad, pertaining to the video they just watched. “It seems like our Kkura-chan has a lot of experience in kissing huh? What do you think Chaeyeon? Does she?”


 

There was a suggestive tone that laced Eunbi's question and it flustered the blonde girl. It didn't help that all of the three other girl's attention is now on her. “E-eh?! Why ask me?”


 

Chaeyeon knows exactly why Eunbi asked her. She also knows why Wonyoung thought that she had watched the video.

 

“Because you’re Kkura unnie’s girlfriend, silly!” It was Yujin who answers for their leader, even nudging Chaeyeon and teasingly wriggling her eyebrows at her in the process.

 

Yes. Lee Chaeyeon is Miyawaki Sakura's girlfriend.

 

If you’d ask the blonde girl how it all came to be, she'll definitely say that she doesn't know either. One day Sakura and her are the best of friends, then all of a sudden she found herself falling for the Japanese girl. The next thing Chaeyeon knows is that she confesses to Sakura with the latter also saying that she likes her back. Ever since then they have officially became girlfriends.

 

Chaeyeon and Sakura were glad that when they broke the news to their members everyone was very supportive of them. The only hindsight is their teasing.

 

Chaeyeon hungs her head low. “Th-that's– isn't thi-this too much for me to answer?”


 

“Of course it's too much. Let me guess. You and Kkura haven't even kissed yet, am I right?”


 

Everyone turns to where the question came from, and there standing a few feet away from Eunbi is Hyewon, eating a plate of french toasts.


 

“HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN THERE?!” The four girls choruses.


 

“Well, not that long.” Hyewon calmly states despite the surprise of her other members. “I smelled food so I woke up to eat. Then I saw all of you gathering here so I thought I’d join. When I got here, Eunbi unnie was already teasing Chae.”


 

“How come we didn't notice you unnie?” Wonyoung questions this time.

 

Munching on her french toasts, Hyewon answers. “You're all too engrossed on talking.”


 

“Wait… You know how much I adore you Hyewon-ah but…  Are those french toasts the ones that are on the dining table?” A wide eyed Eunbi asks, making Hyewon stop midway into a bite.


 

“Yes?”


 

“That was supposed to be for everyone!”


 

“I still left a few for you guys–”


 

“Wait a second!” Yujin interjects the two older girl's french toasts discussions. “Chaeyeon unnie! Is it true that you and Kkura unnie haven't even kissed yet?! Like on the lips?!”


 

Everyone’s attention went back to Chaeyeon again. Their curious eyes probing the blonde haired girl for answers.

 

Chaeyeon hangs her head low, looking at the ground to avoid any eye contact with any of them. “Yes, we haven't.” Her voice small when she answered.

 

It's has been more than 2 months since Chaeyeon and Sakura became girlfriends. And aside from the hugs, cuddles, and holding hands, the two girls have yet to do anything more intimate. It doesn't help that Sakura also does those things to the other members as well.

 

The farthest that they've gone in terms of physical affection was when Chaeyeon had once kissed Sakura on her forehead as somewhat of a reward of a job well done in their dance practice. And for the record, it was her who got shy and blushed afterwards instead of Sakura.


 

“Wait, you haven't exactly done what unnie?”


 

For the nth time that morning, a different voice joins their conversation, making all of them shift their attention to where it came from.

 

Then and there leaning by the adjacent wall is Minjoo with a very confused expression.


 

“Why are you all popping up out of nowhere one by one?” Yujin whines because of the sudden interruption. “Where did you even came from Minjoo unnie?”


 

“Our room. I woke up because you guys were so loud, so I decided check out what's going on. When I got here all I heard was Chae unnie saying ‘we haven't’.” Minjoo replies, still looking clueless. “What? Did I interrupt something?”


 

“Unnie! You should've waited for Chaeyeon unnie to finish–”


 

Amidst the sudden bickering of the two roommates, none of the other girls notice the sigh that left their person of interest, Chaeyeon. Again, the blonde girl had tuned out whatever is happening around her. All her focus fixated on the tablet in her hands, which displays Sakura kissing a 48g member being the last frame on the finished video.

 

Chaeyeon felt something churning inside her. She just kept looking at the video’s last frame, biting her lip thinking about how her girlfriend actually had kissed a lot of other girls before. The blonde girl knows it's all in the past and that she shouldn't be bothered by it. After all, she's the girlfriend now and not anyone else.

 

But Chaeyeon couldn't help it.

 

She's definitely jealous.

 

It wasn't the first time that she had felt that way. Both her and Sakura had their fair share of jealous moments throughout their relationship. And whenever the blonde haired girl does, her thoughts would always spiral down into the overthinking.

 

Same as what's happening to her right now.

 

Unconsciously, Chaeyeon’s stare turned hard at the tablet displaying the kiss scene.

 

“Looks like someone's jealous.” The blonde girl hears Hyewon beside her, making her come back to her senses. When did the older girl sat beside her? Chaeyeon didn't really notice.


 

“I-I’m not jealous.”


 

Yet as much as the blonde girl tried her hardest to sound believable, the look that she saw on the older girl’s face just proved that she failed.


 

“Yeah, let’s just say that you aren’t. Even if you’re almost to the point of being able to drill holes on Minjoo’s tablet with how hard you were staring at it.”


 

Due to the older girl’s observation, Chaeyeon felt embarrassed. “Am I that obvious?” The latter asks, head hung low.

 

Beside her, Hyewon just smiles before reaching out to stop Chaeyeon from unconsciously biting her nails. “Yes. And stop biting your nails Chae.”

 

Heaving out another deep sigh, the blonde girl proceeds to sink herself into the couch, eyes staring at the ceiling. “She has kissed tons of girls already.”


 

“And what about it? It’s all in the past. It was all for work. And you’re her girlfriend now. Her first girlfriend if I may add”


 

“That’s all true but…” Chaeyeon turns to Hyewon. She really didn’t want to bother the older girl with her inner turmoil. More to it, she also doesn’t want any reason for the rest of the girls to more or burden them with her personal problems, even if she does know that they all mean well and knows their limits with their musings.

 

“You can talk to us, to me, you know that right?” Hyewon says to her, as if the older girl could read her mind. “And if you’re not into sharing it with the rest of the girls, then I think you wouldn’t have a problem with that.” The older gestures to the other girls, making Chaeyeon shift her attention to them.

 

The bunch who seemingly was too engrossed in her lovelife earlier now is busy with other things. Yujin is biting on a french toast and is trying to hide her tall self behind Minjoo as Eunbi chases after the two with a spatula in hand spouting words like "How will we all be able to eat if you guys keep eating without the others?", while Wonyoung just sits there laughing at them as if she’s watching a tv show.


 

Chaeyeon chuckles at the scene before she turns to Hyewon. The blonde girl purses her lips and decides to spill her thoughts to the older.


 

“It’s not just the kisses. I mean, yes there’s a part of me that’s jealous about that. We haven’t done that after all...” Chaeyeon blushes at the thought of being able to kiss her girlfriend, and sinks more into the couch due to the embarrassing topic, before she continues. “But it’s not just that. I just can’t help but think that maybe I’m just the one liking her this much… That maybe she doesn’t like me as much as I do.”


 

“Why would you think that?”


 

“Because she never says it. She never says her feelings. Sakura never says that she likes... or loves me.”


 

Hyewon raises her eyebrows at the younger girl’s confession, but keeps silent nonetheless, wanting Chaeyeon to continue and just spill everything that’s been bothering her.


 

And Chaeyeon does just that.


 

“Don’t get me wrong. The hugs, cuddles, and holding hands are great, but… I don’t know…” The blonde girl hugs her knees. “All I really want is a verbal affirmation from Sakura, because as much as I do like those actions, I would be very much at ease if I actually hear her tell me that she loves me. Does that sound too greedy?”


 

“No it doesn’t. I get it. Buy have you told her that you love her?”


 

It was a question that Chaeyeon had never thought of, and it flustered her. “I… I haven’t.”


 

“Then why aren’t you telling her? You love her right? Then tell her.”


 

“But… I have always been the one to initiate things between us. I was the one who confessed, I initiate physical contact most of the time, I’m even the one who frequently says I miss her or I like her. And whenever I try to make her say it by teasing her how she likes me more, she just argues that I like her more.”

 

“But does it matter who says it first though?” This side of the older girl surprised Chaeyeon. Never did the latter think that Hyewon would be this blunt when it comes to giving love advice. “Besides, I think she loves you too.”


 

“Did she tell you that?”


 

“No.”  Hyewon nonchalantly says, turning to look at Chaeyeon who now has this confused look on her face. “But I do see the way she acts around you and looks at you. Whenever you two are together, you both look at each other as if you’re the only one’s in the room. You just don’t see it because you’re also too busy looking at her like she’s your world.” Confidence was laced in Hyewon’s answer, and Chaeyeon couldn’t help but bite her lip because of the things that she’s just now realizing. “And she may not say that she likes you or loves you, but she always talks about you-”


 

All of a sudden a growling stomach interrupts Hyewon’s words.


 

The phenomenon made Chaeyeon look at Hyewon in disbelief. “Didn’t you just ate the french toasts Eunbi unnie made?”



 

“My stomach never lies Chae. I’m hungry.” The older girl shrugs before standing up. “Duty calls.”


 

But before Hyewon could disappear into the kitchen, the older girl turns to the still worried Chaeyeon. “Just tell her. And while you’re at it, fulfill your dreams of kissing your girl so that you could stop thinking about Kkura kissing other girls.” Hyewon suggestively winks at her, making Chaeyeon blush profusely, lightly touching her lips at the thought. “See? You’re thinking about it.”


 

“Hey! It’s not like that! You’ve been hanging around Eunbi unnie too much!”


 

“Maybe I have.”

 

 

------

 

I'm very sorry that this took too long! (Maybe next time I shouldn't put deadlines on when I would post my stories *sigh*) 

But anyways! THANK YOU ALL FOR SUBSCRIBING TO THIS! I didn't expect a lot of people to subscribe since I still haven't posted a single chapter yet but hey, here you all are! So thank you so much for the interest you gave to this! I hope y'all would like this first chapter! This will only be a two shot btw.

So yeah! Tell me your thoughts and reactions to the first chapter on the comments guys! I read and appreciate every single comment you give me, may it be long or short ones!

Love you all! and thank you again!

Author out! Peace! ;)