interest at first sight, i guess.

enw, the game.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

— Hey, Luda. — Dawon asks while typing in her computer. Luda screams from the other side of the house. 

— SAY IT!  

— What’s that game name again? Perfect World? Magic World? Wonderful World? — the taller continues. Suddenly, Luda appears in the door of her room with a smirk.  

— I knew you would play it. I KNEW IT! — She says excitedly. Luda is a big nerd and that’s that. Also, she is Dawon’s roommate and best friend so they’re always talking about everything Luda plays and read and watch. The redhaired girl doesn’t mind, to be honest, and right now she is kind of curious to play that game in specific. 

— Yeah, yeah, you won. So, what’s the name again?  

— It’s Endless New World. — The blonde answers. — Move, give me some space. Gonna show you how to play the basic.  

They spent the whole afternoon just creating Dawon’s character and everything. The thing with the game is: it’s extremely close to reality. Your character has features that almost make you think they’re a real person, and you also can make it look like you. But Dawon is afraid of internet, so she just creates a random Warrior girl with common face. It has a black short hair, body with a few curves and muscles and dark skin.   

— You look good. Ready to play, Miss Nam? — Luda asks as if she was in a suspense movie. She goes to the shelf they have in their room and gets two gloves and glasses. She winks to her friend, never losing that excited smile of hers.  

— What? Do I really need to use it? There’s no option for... like... play with the keyboard? — The taller asks worried. She doesn’t think she’s ready to go that deep in a game. 

— Take it easy, Dawonie. It’s cooler this way, you’ll see.  

Luda adjusts it all for her friend. When it’s all set, the small girl starts the VR system in the game. Suddenly, Dawon isn’t in her room anymore. She’s in a village surrounded by other people in weird costumes. She looks at herself: she’s wearing a whole armor.  

 

[IN GAME] 

 

— Ludaaaaaaaa. — She whines. — Where are you? — But her friend isn’t there anymore. Instead, people stares at her with confused expressions. They are probably wondering if she’s crazy, but well, aren’t them all crazies for playing games like that? A few menus pops up in the glasses and she needs to decide her character’s name, her alignment, her family name and which weapon she’s going to use.  

And she’s already tired. 

But she gives it a try, so she names herself “Dagomin”, Neutral Good, a sword user. Dawon starts walking in the room and the character follows the same movements. It’s weird, but at the same time is cool. While she’s exploring the village, new information appears above the NPC’s head, synalizing she needs to complete the quests or buy new items. She chooses a mission that will guarantee her a new sword and coins. 

It can be hard, right? 

Well, it is. She’s fighting against a huge insect to complete her task, but her life bar is almost getting empty.  

— I can’t believe I’m going to die right in my first day playing. — Dawon murmurs to herself when she starts running to hide. The insect is sniffing her insect and she realizes her character won’t last long. She can sense the danger and she knows that the monster is so close that it is going to jump her, but it never came.  

No. Someone else killed it.  

Far away from there, in a tree, there is a elf. It’s a girl, you can tell by her clothes. She’s using a traditional Chinese clothing and that’s funny, but it is also intriguing. Dawon can’t see her face, but her reddish-brown hair is so notable and so long. Her ears aren’t discreet either. When the warrior is almost bowing to thank her savior, the elf is gone.  

The girl is confused, but she doesn’t mind. At least she’s safe. Dawon walks towards the beast that was going to kill her a few moments ago just to see an arrow craved in its chest. She bents down and analyzes that thing, pushing it down of the insect’s dead body. And she sees really next to the arrow’s head two engraved letters: MQ. 

 

[OFF GAME] 

 

Dawon can’t lie to herself. She’s curious. But what are her chances of seeing the elf again? So, she follows her way. She learns how to play, how to be stronger, how to defeat enemies and when she sees herself, she’s upping from one level to another as fast as she could. Luda joins her from time to time so they can play together, but right now the taller girl is just really addicted to the game. 

Weeks later and she still there. She’s on summer break, so no homework or essays to do. She’s just randomly playing and wishing she could meet that elf again. She even talks to Luda about that other player, but her friend just shrugs. 

— That’s just a character, Dawonie. It’s not even her real face, probably. Remember that you don’t look nothing like your character? — Luda says calmly and Dawon hates the fact that the other is right.  

— I know, but... 

— No but. You’re just being a whole lesbian. I think that’s beautiful, but you know... you could use this in the real life. — The blonde continues, raising her eyebrows. Dawon look at her friend annoyed and put her tongue out as a child. 

— I don’t even know why you’re saying that and acting as if you aren’t as panicked as I am. Remember that Juyeon was the one to hit on you, right? — the redhaired girl attacked. Luda just chuckles.  

— Well, yes. But at least I have a girlfriend, right? — she answers and gives Dawon a victorious smirk. The taller just roll her eyes. 

— You are an annoying half of a bean. Get out of here.  

— Hah, no. I’m here to invite you. — Luda ignores the threat and just sit on the other girl’s bed. — We’re having an ENW event this weekend. The best characters are going to duel and everything and we will have the chance to win good prizes. Would you come with me and Juyeon? 

Dawon stops what she’s doing and thinks about the idea. It isn’t that bad, really, so she agrees with Luda and smiles. She really needs new items. 

— Yeah, let’s do that. 

Dawon is really excited and for a moment she forgot that elf.  

 

[ENW’S EVENT] 

 

— Finally we are heeeeeeeeeeeere. — Juyeon says excitedly and Luda just nod, jumping around her girlfriend. The brunette puts her arm around the small girl to make her stay still. — Calm down, baby. Don’t wast all of your energy just now! 

— “Baby”... — Dawon grunts when she hear that pet name. The couple just roll their eyes and they enter the place. It’s full of people and cosplayers. A lot of tents are here and there with games and tasks and far away from where they are, they can see the battle arena. The three girls take their time to enjoy all of that and, for real, they’re living the time of their life. 

Dawon never thought she would be there, but now the girl is just as excited as her nerd friend, which is funny. That game really changed her somehow, but it’s good. She feels good. She got to know new people and ma

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter