Untitled

We Met In April

April..

 

There's a girl lying on her bed, playing the jumping dinosaur in her laptop, since the internet got lost.

 

She's Lee Kaeun. She was born with Ondine's Curse, officially known as Con Central Hyperventilation Syndrome.

It causes respiratory arrest due to a patient's lungs not functioning when they are asleep. Central Hyperventilation Syndrome basically implies that when you sleep, your phrenic nerve doesn't kick in so your brain doesn't tell you to breathe.

They rely on a machine to make her breathe and without that, she wouldn't be alive. If she doesn't breathe, she dies - simple as that.

She just turned 19 today.

sHe turned her head to the door  when she heard someone knocked, only to see a nurse entering her room while holding a not so big box. It's her favorite nurse,

Sooyoung. "Kaeunnie~" the nurse excitedly said and came closer to her after she closed the door.

Kaeun smiled back.

Sooyoung took a peek at Kaeun's laptop and sighed when she saw the dinosaur trapped between the two cacti. "The internet again.." she commented while wiping her invisible sweat.

"So what's with the box, Sooyoung unnie?" Kaeun asked as she looked up to her like a kiddo.

"I will sing first" shhe cleared before singing happy birthday.

"So here.." she said, handing Kaeun the box. As soon as she received it, she scanned it with her damn calm face.

But it changed into a kid's face adoring her favorite toy when sheopened the box.

Its a watermelon-style ukulele.

She jumped from her bed to hug Sooyoung, "Unnie!!! thankyou!!! I love you!!!"

"Yah! it hurts" she complained but patted Kaeun's head when she saw her loving the gift. "Welcome my dongsaeng. Now sing a song for me."

She nodded," What song unnie?" 

"Winter Breath" she answered. "Good choice. This is the very first song I'm going to play."

After kaeun sings, she commented, "Remember me when you're famous." 

"yAH UNNIE!I almost forgot that its my birthday. Thank you, you remembered."

i did forgot my own birthday..

"No sweat.. I still have a lot of works to do. happy birthday again." then she left the room, leaving Kaeun alone again.

She turned off her laptop and wore her jacket. She'll be roaming around the whole hospital, since it's raining, she'll be needing a umbrella because later she's going to the rooftop.

She did not take the elevator because she needs to exercise and walking is basically an exercise. Her eyebrows met when she saw the rooftop's door open.

'who the hell came here and didn't close the door?'

she thought and continued walking. As she stepped out, she thought that she just entered paradise. She saw an angel back facing her. But the acidulous and sarcastic she is took over her. She opened her umbrella, came to her and shared it with her. She fond her heart beating unsual.

'My heart feels like its excited. It keep jumping around in here'

As she faced the girl, she smirked.

'I met happiness, I met my happiness'

 

××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

 

Sakura was drenching herself in the rain, when she felt someone stood beside her and she couldn't feel the pouring rain anymore.

She awkwardly moved to the side to distance herself from this person.

But it went closer to her.

And Sakura moved to the side again.

But it did the action again.

She was about to step to the side again but Kaeun spoke and made her stay to her position.

She can say that she's she because of her voice.

"One more step and I'll push you off to meet death. Don't move away. I don't bite angelic faced people." Sakura gulped of what she said.

So.. you're threatening me now? Good thing I am blind and I can't see your face, lady. I might have slapped you for flustering me. Sakura thought.

"Thank you.." the cherry blossom bowed to her left side. Avoiding eye contact since she really don't have any idea where to face.

Kaeun felt like she's mentally flying in the air but physically unmoved when she heard her voice.

'How the hell do you make my heart race like this?'

As much as Kaeun wanted to look at the girl, she couldn't. She might find out that she's really desperate to stare at her face.

"What are you doing here?" Sakura asked out of the blue. Kaeun gulped to the question. Other side of Kaeun mode on. "Shouldn't i be the one asking you that? You don't have umbrella with you. You'll catch cold, really" she said and rolled her eyes. Despite of being mean, she was just mentally hiding her smile in the bottom of her heart and was just being concerned to her. 

Sakura chuckled, "Ah.. thank you for your concern..." she added. " I think I'm going now.." she bowed again.

Kaeun noticed something. Sakura couldn't look at her, she's even facing the other side when talking to Kaeun.

She even tried to poke her eyes but no reaction.

Then she realized that maybe.. she's .. "O-oh.. then take this with you" she handed her umbrella. Sakura don't want to accept it, Kaeun needs it more, but she hesitantly took it and thanked her again.

When she turned around and about to walk, Kaeun held her wrist. "That's not the right direction" she tried to fool her because she's still not convince that Sakura is blind. Sakura chuckled then apologized. "O-ok.. hehe.. here then" and start walking again. At the back of her mind , it was the direction she went on coming here.

But then she just listened to Kaeun since she can see the right way.

'That's it...'

But Kaeun grip her wrist even more which made Sakura stop again. "Not there.." she stood in front of Sakura. "I know you're blind.. so please let me--". She lowered her head because of what she said.

'Is it obvious?'

"I'll lead you the way" Kaeun said and guided Sakura.

 

=====================================================================================================================

 

Kaeun decided to take the elevator. She doesn't want the girl with her struggle.

"In what floor is your room?" the giraffe asked before going inside

. "11th floor, room A1 1k5" she answered and tighten her grip onto Kaeun's cloth.

She's a bit scared that her legs won't cooperate with her or she might fall.

Fall for her.

"Hey hey.. are you going to undress me? You're so fast. We just met, please don't do this to me." Kaeun kiddingly pleased when she felt her top cloth being pulled down.

Sakura blushed so she lowered her head and apologized.

Kaeun pressed the number. "By the way, what's your name?" the taller woman stood in front of the shy cherry blossom and starts making faces.

What the hell i am doing? Overreacting or not i think this is insulting and very offending stuff in short, harassment. I think i should stop.

And she did. Waiting for Sakura to answer.

"Oh yes.. Sakura. Miyawaki Sakura" she lifted her head and smiled.

"I'm Kaeun. A fortune teller. So let me see your palm" then she took it herself. She pretended to examine her hand but all she wanted to do is to intertwine her fingers with her's.

"Ehh~"

"Oh my gosh this is expected!!!!!" Sakura was shocked that the scream almost took her soul out of her body. "You'll be marrying the one who you wanted to undress just a while ago" Kaeun answered and laughed insultingly which made Sakura hissed. "Yah! I just accidentally pulled it down."

"No.. no. I'm just kidding" she stopped laughing.

You mean it. Just admit it.

Ding!!

They went out. And Sakura told her the direction. But Kaeun keep asking her questions. "How long have you been admitted here?" Sakura chuckled,"No.. no" Kaeun looked at her confusingly.

"Would you mind if i tell you a story?" Kaeun opened the door and went in.

'Her room is big, same as mine'

She let her Sakura sit on the bed. She even got mineral water bottle from the fridge for Sakura to drink.

"I would like to here a story" and she sat next to Sakura.

"10 years ago, i got into an accident with my parents. They were arguing that time over a case, they were both lawyer. While they were fighting at the front, a big dMUb truck was about hit us and dad didn't see that. They died and i survived but lost one my senses" she shared but didn't get any reaction from her.

After minutes of silence , she thought Kaeun left already. "Hey, are you still there?"

"Yup, of course. I know it was an awful and a tragic experience. And I'm sorry for your lost. But i wanna know, its been 10 years already, why are you still here?" Kaeun asked, face on her palm.

"My older sister works here"

"Don't you have your house? Relatives can look out for you?"

"We have no one. We sold the house, we needed money then since my sister was still studying, we had no one to support our financial but us. We looked for an apartment and lived there for 3 years. We waited until she had a job. Her boyfriend's family owns this hospital that I can stay here whenever i want" Sakura said proudly.

sHe's really thankful that her sister found a really kind man and according to her sister he's also good-looking that a mosquito would be shy to land on his skin.

"Have you ever thought of looking for an eye donor? I mean a cornea transplant will do since a whole eye transplantation is impossible. How about that?"

Sakura shook her head, "I don't want that and I don't need that. My sister shared me her thoughts about that but i declined. This is a part of God's plan. Everything happens for a reason, Kaeun." Kaeun sighed and stood up. Stretching her hands up.

"And I think meeting you today is part of His plan" she said which made both of them chuckle and blush. "I have to go now. It's already dinner time. Who's going to feed you?"

"Don't worry about me. My friend is on the way with my food." Kaeun sighed again. As much as she wanted to hold Sakura's face, she's afraid that she'll frighten her.

Should I ask her if can i still come here?

"If you don't have anything to do tomorrow, mind visiting me here?" Sakura spoke which made Kaeun excited. She bit her lower lip to stop herself from screaming because she is totally thrilling right now. She was just thinking of the idea but-- "Of course, mata aitai. But sorry, I'm only free in the afternoon. But i promise i will come here." then she walked to the door.

For the first time, Sakura felt like she's special. She only felt this kind of feelings today. "Oh let me remind you.." Kaeun turned to the smiling Sakura.

"Please be careful with that. Take good care of it" Sakura's happy face suddenly turned into a curious one.

'Careful with what? Take care of what?'

"What do you me--"

"I'm talking about my heart. You stole it then take responsibility, Im going" Kaeun closed the door, leaving the unmoved cherry blossom.

"That coward woman, why is she making my heart race like this?" she mumbled as she laid on the bed and cover her face with the pillow and screamed.

 

=====================================================================================================================

 

As Kaeun closed the door, she leaned on the door and breathe.

'I knew it'

"What are you smiling there? And what are you doing here?" She was not shock by the question, it is because the woman who asked is nurse Sooyoung, and she panted. She looked at the woman and chuckled.

"Why do you care?" she smiled.

"Kaeun, i know you. This is new and great. You're being friendly with other people. I couldn't see your y side now"

"Its a new feeling tho. I was shocked too" she smiled cheekily.

"I guess, i should be going now..." she waved and left. Sooyoung became a proud big sister to her. She haven't seen her like that. She haven't seen Kaeun smile like that. At last, she have a feeling that Kaeun likes her other dongsaeng.

this is so much for a day. so much for a birthday girl

=====================================================================================================================

 

Sakura never left her room since morning. She waited for Kaeun. She have a lot of thing she wants to talk about with her. She wanted to be with Kaeun so bad that she couldn't sleep last night.

'strange feelings'

She heard knocks.

"Come in!" she said in a louder voice, facing the curtain wall glass. Even tho she's back facing the person who came in. She knew that its Kaeun. She felt thrill again. "Its me, Kaeun" she spoke.

'I know' She turned around.

"Belated happy birthday!!!" Sakura greeted.

Little did she know that Kaeun is just inches away from her. Then she could feel the warm breath of Kaeun that fanning her face.

'So close...' she backed away.

She heard her chuckles.

"Thank you.... And  cann i invite you to the cafeteria?" Sakura nodded.

"But can i use the wheelchair?" Kaeun hummed, "sure!" She led her to the wheelchair.

=====================================================================================================================

 

"what did you do this  morning? why do you have to come in the afternoon?" Sakura asked as she chew her food.

"Im busy with some stuffs" she answered then swallow her food.

"like what?" 

Kaeun found herself laughing. "i began homeschooling since 6 til now. its almost a year since homeschooling became hospitalschooling."

'oh.. also her? '

"you don't do that?"

"I do, but its my vacation, no school in vacation" Sakura answered trying to reach for her drink. Kaeun saw her struggling that she reach for it and open it before giving it to her. "Here.."

Sakura was surprised, her cheeks turning pink and ended up lowering her head.

Kaeun grew worried by the sudden action that she stood up and kneel down to check on her. "What's wrong?" she held her chin to make her face her but Sakura resist.

"I'm fine, i guess Im full now" she said lifting her head. The first thing that kaeun notice is her pinkish cheeks.

"Ehh~ you're blushing" Kaeun said and laughed loudly, hands on her tummy.

*insert your friend's influential laugh*

"Hey! Don't laugh-- its so noisy! Stop-- hey- I said--" Sakura was trying to stop her from laughing but ended up laughing with her. The sound of her laugh is so beautiful that you wanna laugh along, not an interruption but an excuse for others not to hear it.

 

=====================================================================================================================

 

The two are on their way to Sakura's room. It's already dinner time that they needed to go back to their respective rooms. When Kaeun opened Kura's room, a grinning face of Sooyoung greeted them. But she widened her eyes and place her index finger on her lips to stay silent.

"We talked a lot today. I hope we can still spend some time tomorrow.." the cherry blossom chuckled.

"Ill come here right after my class" Kaeun said as she let Sakura sit on the bed. But Sakura held her hand.

"Im leaving, see you tomorrow.." she spoke and about to walk away but Sakura squeezed her hand.

"Can you face me and come closer to me?"

Kaeun did as what she asked for.

The giraffe saw Sooyoung covering to prevent from making noise that she glared at her, she could also feel the thrill.

Sakura embraced her and it didn't end up with just a hug. She gave a short kiss on her cheek, too.

Sooyoung had the priceless reaction, her eyes widened and she really wants to scream.

Kaeun froze with the kiss that she held her cheek. She stood up properly  her furrowed brows.

"Yah! Who gave you the right to make my heart race like this?" If Sakura would be able to see her face, then she would've give her more kisses.

"Yah just leave!" she chuckled,"just don't forget to comeback tomorrow."

"Yeah sure. After the things you did to me, yeah."

She turned to the door and before closing it, she looked at Sooyoung, the nurse gave her thumps up, but smirk is the only thing she could do.

 

====================================================================================

 

*knock knock*

"Its me, Kaeun."

++++++++++++

 

*knock knock*

"Its me, Kaeun."

++++++++++++

 

*knock knock*

"Its me, Kaeun."

++++++++++++

 

*knock knock*

"Its me, Kaeun."

==========================================

August..

Days become months. Her feelings for Sakura grew, she became scared. she's afraid that she might wouldn't be able to stand fo her feelings.

She was just joking about liking Sakura but it went serious. 

'I met happiness. I met my happiness' she really wanna remove that scene in her brain. Everytime it  pop up in her head, she just gonna pull her hair so hard.

She distance herself from Sakura. Its been 3 weeks since she saw her, talk to her, accompanied her to her room.

Was it hard?

Yes, really really hard. They were too attached to each other that it feels like killing them.

She was silently reading her science book inthe study table while listening to the music, headphones' on. She didn't notice that she's not alone in that  room.

Someone held her shoulder, she already knew who owns those soft palms. She remove her headphones and place it on the side of her book.

"Its already late unnie. What are you doing he--" she cut off when she looked at Sooyoung but a shadow on the bed area caught her attention.

It was a crying Sakura.

The sight broke her.

"She force me to bring her here. I tried --" she started but Kaeun spoke.

"Leave us, unnie" she said in a cold tone.

She walked to her and stopped in a distance of one meter.

"What are you doing here? Did i invite you to come over? Who told you you can come here? This late? And you'll just show your--" it sounds so mean that it will make you walked but she was cut off when Sakura managed to hug her.

'you're making me go soft'

"Why did you stop visiting me? I missed you so much" Sakura spoke, hugging her tightly.

"I got tired plus i don't wanna see yo--" Sakura didn't let her finish what she was trying to say. She don't wanna hear her say those words.

"I said I MISSED YOU!" she shouted and broke the hug as her tears starts flowing again. She's still in front of her.

Kaeun was taken aback. She don't know what else to say. At least that can hurt the cherry blossom but there's none.

'I missed you too. why i couldn't  say that?

"Why do you have to miss me?" her tears began to fall as her fist balled up.

"I've fallen for  you! don't you know that?! I like you Lee Kaeun!" Sakura said, pulling her.

"Stop saying nonsense! I don't need to hear your lies for you to have somebody to stay in your fxxking life!" Kaeun shouted

"Then I want you to be part of this fxcking life of mine! I like you please and I know you like me too!" she shouted back.

"Are you sure!?" 

"Of Course!"

"Then you're right.." Kaeun suddenly went soft. "If this is a not a joke, then i like you too. I've been keeping this feeling since the first time i saw.. i thought it was just a simple like but--"

She pulled Kaeun's head from the back to lean on each other's foreheads.

Sakura shushed her, "The feeling is mutual. Can i keep your heart for real now? Can i call you mine now? Because im so fuxking desperate to be with you everyday."

"Me too, Sakura. I just wanna go run away from here and be with you forever. Because you're all that i want. You're my happiness. I'm contented.. im contented with just a Miyawaki Sakura.. you can call me yours now. Keep my heart with so much love and ill do the same to yours..."

She pulled Sakura for a tight hug. After minutes, they broke from the hug. Kaeun slowly lean on and their lips touched.

They dont want this to end not until Sooyoung went inside without saying anything and had witnessed the last part and they laughed together because of the embarrassment.

==========================================================================================================================================================================================================================================

October...

 

The two were in each other's arms. Resting on Sakura's bed. Listening to the radio. What a perfect patient.

"Kaeun-chan~" Sakura called out resting on Kaeun's chest. And she heard her hummed.

"where's my ring?"

Kaeun gave an confuse look at her.

"Where did you place your ring? Isn't it from your parents?"

"Not that one. where's my ring?" 

Kaeun got it. Sakura is talking about the proposal ring.

She sat up, leaving Sakura lying on the bed while pouting.

"I haven't proposed yet. We just started dating two months ago. Besides, we don't  really need to rush. im still 19 and you're 18"

Sakura sat up too. "Is that so? Then-- Oh, its Taeyang!!" the cherry blossom cheered up and invited Kaeun for a dance when she heard the music on the radio.

(Now Playing: TAEYANG- EYES, NOSE, LIPS)

Sakura encircled her arms around Kaeun's fine neck as she put her hands on Sakura's waist. Sakura slowly leaned her head on Kaeun's shoulder as they start moving their feet.

"You like this song?"

"Yes.." and Kaeun hummed.

"There's one thing im curious about" Kaeun spoke.

"What is it?"

"Why you never asked me about my disease?"

Sakura chuckled, "Sooyoung unnie already told me about that. Ondine's curse is really a curse. that's why i couldn't invite you to sleep with me" she pouted.

"you're pretty cute that your eyes crinkled adorably when you smile. And im so obsessed with that" Kaeun showeres her forehead a lot of kisses.

"I get that a lot. What about tell me something that I've never heard before?"

"we're not meant to be" Kaeun earned a strong punch from Sakura when she answered that.

"Owww...! That hurts kkuraaa~" Kaeun complained but she stopped as she saw Sakura sulking and hardly wiping every single falling tears.

"Hey~ come here.." Kaeun grabbed her hand. Kaeun sat on the table and back hugged Sakura.

Kaeun rested her chin on Sakura's shoulder and giving her neck soft kisses. But sakura is still sulking.

"I want to tell you a lot of things."

"Really? Then tell me now before i change my mind" Sakura responded. 

Kaeun smirked, "Give me a kiss first."

"Ehh~", Sakura immediately turned to face her but as soon as their lips touched, Kaeun deepened the kiss, pulling her closer on her waist.

Sakura was taken aback but she retaliated immediately.

They parted their lips while panting and rested their forehead onto each onther. Sakura was looking down and Kaeun was just staring at her directly into her eyes.

"I can forget my very existence in a deep kiss with you... I.. i fall in love with you everytime I look into your beautiful eyes" then Kaeun kissed her pointed nose.

Sakura felt her face warmth and placed her hands on Kaeun's shoulder as they started dancing again.

"Are my eyes really beautiful?"

"The most beautiful eyes I've ever seen"

"Really~?"

"Yes. And i affirm that you are so amazingly, beautifully, awesomely, wonderfully, most definitely the most precious of precious things.."

Kaeun heard Sakura snickers, "Nande?"

"I just love you and your cheesyness" Sakura answered and pecked her lips.

"I won't get tired thanking God that i was born to love you" she pulled her closer.

"Me too."

 

I WAS 19 AND YOU WERE 18 WHEN WE HAD OUR FIRSTS. FIRST DANCE, FIRST KISS, FIRST DUET, FIRST LOVE, I AM NOT SURE IF I CAN SAY THIS BUT IT IS ALSO OUR FIRST--

==========================================================================================================================================================================================================================================

December...

It was a silent night not until Kaeun screamed "I CANT!!!.." she got up panting and remove the sleep apnea nasal mask silicone. "breathe..." she said weakly.

The sleeping Sooyoung and her mother came to her with their worried face.

Kaeun cried in her Mom's embrace.

"Mom.. *sniffles*.. Mom I can't.. I can't sleep Mom. Im so tired, I couldn't breathe, I cannot live longer.."

Her mom shushed  her then looked at Sooyoung with her teary eyes.

"It happens again and again Sooyoung. The machine doesn't affect her anymore."

They comforted Kaeun until she calm. She's known as the princess of the hospital since she's the only person in Korea who has Ondine's curse. She also have her own ventilator in their house but it was damaged by overuse that they had to repair it and move in the hospital because it would take a year to repair it.

"Kaeun-unnie can you please tell us why you suddenly want to give up?" Sooyoung asked while Kaeun's hair.

She smiled at them, "Because I thought Lord want me to come back to Him. Mom its not that I didn't appreciate the things you've done to me that I suddenly want to give my life. I am really really thankful to you and to dad that you kept me alive until this day. And I think that's enough, no more sacrificng Mom. You've done so much, you've given enough love that I can take with me on the way up."

"Is Sakura one the of reasons?" her mom asked. And Kaeun shook her head gently.

"I have no reasons, Mom. What I've said is not a reason, Im just saying that Im thankful i have parents like you."

The door opened and her father greeted them. He directly hugged her wife and daughter. 

Sooyoung adore their family.

"Love.. she wanted to come home to where she came from.." kaeun's mom whispered to her husband and cried in his arms. His eyes are tearing up, too.

"I have a plan, Mom, Dad, Unnie.. When I die, Im willing to be Sakura's eye donor. I want her to see again how beautiful the world is. And so she can finally meet her almost mother and father-in-law" Kaeun smiled.

"We will support you dear. As long as you're doing the things that will make you happy. Its life your life anyway" It  breaks her heart hearing herself say those words. But she couldn't do anything to stop Kaeun because she have decided already and she respect that.

In the morning, Kaeun pleased her parents to move to Sakura's room. She won't be using the ventilator again after she shared her thoughts to them. Sakura was surprised by the sudden move in her room but its Kaeun, its her girlfriend, who is she to reject her?

"Baby.. aren't you not allowed to sleep without your own bed and venti?" the blind woman asked her girlfriend who's currently playing a song with her ukulele. "Well.. I am now."  Sakura was quite happy but at the same time she couldn't stop to worry about Kaeun.

 

 

==========================================================================================================================================================================================================================================

"Where is the head nurse Haruna's office?"

And the nurse immediately told her the direction.

She knocked before tilting the knob. This girl is so damn confident. But why is she here?

"Oh.. you're my sister's other half. Nice to meet you." Haruna extended her hand and she took it then they shake their hands. "Nice to meet you, too. And that's me, Lee Kaeun" Haruna invited her to take a seat.

"Thank you."

"So how can I help you?" Haruna asked, intertwining her own fingers.

Kaeun the most serious and the most confident gay. She cleared .

"Ill make it straight to you, Nurse Haruna. I want to be Sakura's eye donor. Im willing to donate my eyes." Kaeun spoke which made Haruna's  mouth wide open as her eyes.

Haruna was happy at first but had doubts. 'what is she thinking?'

"You're joking, right? Because this is seri--" she didn't finish what she was trying to say when Kaeun pointed at her face and spoke,

"Do I look like joking?" 

Haruna snickered, "You must be kidding me."

Kaeun stood up," Look. Im giving up my damn life. Im so damn tired dealing with this damn curse. The fuxxking machines are no longer helping me to sleep. It doesn't affect anymore. I hope Sakura won't hear anything about this" she spoke and shut the door.

Haruna rushed to run after Kaeun. She blocked her, stretching her arms. "Don't leave my sister, please" she hugged Kaeun.

"As much as I want to but nurse Haruna, there's no other way for me to live longer." she patted her back.

Haruna broke from the hug and she saw the dark circles under her eyes. Its been two days since she moved into Sakura's room and its been five days since she had slept.

==========================================================================================================================================================================================================================================

Days had passed and she becomes weaker and weaker. Sakura wants to question why Kaeun never left the bed but she never did. She scarcely talk to her because most of the time Kaeun is resting. Nine nights, she had no sleep in nine straight nights.

They would give her medicine every night and she also have her own breathing machine where it won't let her sleep at night and it also give her energy if she feels like weakening. She could barely open her eyes. Her mother scarcely going home only to bring her some new clothes. Every morning and before resting at night, they would recite a prayer.

Christmas has come and it's her 11th night without sleep. Everyone is inside of a large room of Sakura.After eating, they started giving their gifts. Everyone wasn't disappointed to the gift they've received. "It's already 1 am we have to clean up the room!" Kaeun's mom clapped, calling for the others.

Sakura who's seating on the chair beside the bed also stood up. But Haruna stopped her. "Wow brave... You're just going to break the vases. Just stay with Kaeun, she's weakening, talk to her." she said and left the two. "Sakura..." Kaeun called out weakly. She hummed. "Lay down with me." Sakura nodded and Kaeun managed to help her even though she's the weakest here.

They hugged each other and shared their kisses and words of love. "Baby.. can you please call Mom for me" Sakura was about to get up but Kaeun held her hand. Her hands are like being froze up in the freezer because it's so cold. "Just call her out from here". Sakura obeyed and called her. She only called for one person but all of them came. Sakura laid down again.

"C-can we re-recite another p-prayer mom..?" she asked breathing heavily. Her mom caressed her face and after they recite, Kaeun was relieved that she managed to finish it, "Mom d-didn't you said that .. that Heaven's gate is open for any one every ... every C-Christmas..?"

"Yes, love.."

"C-can I sleep now?" she asked with a weak smile on her face and she slowly close her eyes and tears starts to drop.

The others releases the tears they were holding when her mom nodded and cried silently. Sooyoung removed the mask while sobbing. Sakura thought Kaeun is just going to sleep after all these days. But she was the late person who reacted when she can no longer hear her heart beat.

"Ka.. Kaeun... Kaeun-chan..." she shook the breathless girl beside her. She sat up and shake her again. She leaned her head on Kaeun's chest and then she realized... She just lost something important, something precious, something unreplaceable.

No one could start the prayer that Kaeun's father started it. "Eternal rest grant unto them, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon them. May.. May the soul of all faithful departed, through the merey of God, rest in peace.." Then he went out, he couldn't show to his wife how hard it is for him. As the only man in the family, he needs to be strong for the both of them. There's no time for showing that you're strong, they lost a life, they lost a child.

Sooyoung hugged the ukulele she gave to Kaeun on her 19th birthday. "Your life w-was a blessing, your .. your memory i-is a treasure, you are.. loved beyond words a-and missed beyond measure..."

Haruna checks her the time, "Time of death, 1:24 am."

"Kaeun-chan!.. you could've t-tell me.. we could've fight it to-together.." It's Sakura's first love. Why it had to be this way? Why..

=========================================================================================================================

December 25, What a unforgettable day. In the morning, Sakura undergoes surgery for the cornea transplant. What a puffy and swollen eyes to surgery. After the funeral, Kaeun's parents left. They need a fast acceptance for their lost. They went to Germany.

Haruna is getting married. Sooyoung has successfully found a boyfriend. Sakura started going to school, like a real school and she's now a first year collage and she took BS Biology. Sakura have seen Kaeun's face. She didn't have a idea that she just fell in love with a goddess and lost a goddess.

'She keeps telling me that I am perfect but I know nobody's perfect but her'

Months passed.. and it's April again. Today is her birthday. Sakura visited her room before, since Haruna bought a house and she's no longer staying in the Hospital. Sakura just went to the cemetery to give her gift to Kaeun and tells her a lot of stories. She reminisce her last moment with Kaeun. When she died in her arms. When she was still blind and didn't had an idea that Kaeun is suffering. After wiping the tears flowing down her face, she went out to go to Sooyoung.

She she arrived at the nurse station, Sooyoung wasn't there but the nurse said she's in the garden. She went to the garden where a lot of sick kids playing. And she saw her playing with them, her hair had gone long, and become more feminine. That's why she got a boyfriend.

"Unnie!" Sakura waved. Sooyoung waved back and told the kids to get Sakura and they obeyed. The kids pulled Sakura to Sooyoung. "Sooyoung-unnie,she's pretty like you" the kid said and the other kids agreed, nodding and saying their comments too.

"Kamsahamnida~" she smiled.

"Can you play with nurse Yoona? I'm just going to have a talk with your unnie" the kids nodded and ran to Yoona like ants. "So.. kids are your targets now?" they laughed. But it has to stop when Sooyoung let out a sigh. 

(Now Playing: Lord Huron- The Night We Met)

"Today is her birthday.." Sakura knows it. It's her birthday. It's been a year since they first met. She lowered her head and they become silent. "Oh!" Sakura jolted because of Sooyoung's sudden action.

"Here. Here" She got something from her pocket. It's a small envelope. "Aunt gave me this before they flew to Germany. I always put this in my pocket so if I get a chance to meet you out, I can give this to you immediately." Sakura took it and read the words on the envelope.

Dulzura de mi vida...

"You kept her ukulele right?" Sooyoung asked, standing up and Sakura nodded. "That's great, by the end of April, I'm-- We're flying to California."

Sakura was surprised with the news that she stood up too. "You're leaving?" Sooyoung held her hands, "I and other nurses including Yoona applied to work abroad. Don't worry, I'll visit Korea every year." Sakura felt so sad. Everyone is leaving, who else? What a life. They hugged each other tightly and Sooyoung left. A tear dropped from her eyes and followed by many. She weakly sat on the bench again. She opened the envelope and read the letter. Her tears didn't stop from flowing while reading it.

Dear My future wife in another life,

"My baby! My love! The one and only person who can make my heart beat like there’s no tomorrow. The only person who I fell in love with.  I am dead now if you're reading this, I'm sorry baby. Sakura, there’s a lot of things I’ve never told you because my life is getting shorter each day.

 Before I met you, I never knew what it was like to smile for no reason. I wish I had met you many years ago. I love you so much that I even tried to match the stars in the sky named a reason why I love you, it was fun, I was doing great, I swear until I ran out of star. One night, I sent an angel to look over you, but the angel came back a minute later, and I asked why. It told me, angels don’t watch other angels. Kkura, please don’t return to me my heart. I’m glad a perfect girl stole it. I’m a fortunate giraffe.

I love you. I know you love hearing me say this, but from this day on, you can only read them from here. Thank you for making me fall for the right girl, for changing the old me but I’m still the old me. Every day you would tell me that you can see my face, in the darkest place. And that darkest place is your heart, I thought you were the weirdest person I ever knew, but I love your weirdness, your corny jokes, and your priceless pick-up lines.

My favorites were the ‘I know you’re busy today, but can you please add me to your to-do list’. You called me just to say that and if I was not having a class that time, I could’ve run to you barefoot and could’ve done something illegal. And the ‘Are you cake? Because I want a piece of that’ after that I prayed that I was born cake so can have all of me. You blind woman I love you and I’m sorry for being mean to you. I'll make sure Mi Amore, in another life, I will stay and I will choose you, it will be you.I promise"

 

'Why do have to say sorry? I'm the one who needs to say sorry. I didn't notice.. I didn't know that you were dying.'

"You'll be alright" a tall girl spoke. Both hands inside of her sweater's pocket. Sakura immediately wipes the tears and keep the letter in her bag.

She looked up to see... to see her.

"I'm not a friendly person but I don't think you'll be alright" she sat next to Sakura and wipes her tears.

She saw Sakura's ID, "That's my school too." Sakura calmed down but still sobbing. She couldn't believe who is she seeing right now.

"Ar-are you a new patient?" She shook her head, fixing Sakura.

"I was comatose for 8 months."

"When did you wake up?"

"Last December.

" "December what day and time?" Sakura looked straight into her eyes.

"December 25, 1:25 am" she looked into Sakura's eyes too. She's confuse why Sakura need to ask the specific date and time, it's just it's not visible in her face that she's confuse.

Sakura felt mixed emotions, one more question and it's confirm. She stood up. "What's your name?" She felt her heartbeat jumping inside. Tears forming in her eyes.

"Lee Kaeun." she answered directly. Sakura's legs becomes weak when she heard it that she ended up sitting on the grass and covered with both hands, preventing herself from crying loudy.

'I met happiness, I met my happiness..'

 

=======================================================================================