Prologue

PILLAR

“Let her die”

The devil whispered

“Do you think she really cares? No, just let her die”

 

***

 

It happened so fast. Should he save her? Should he ask for help? What about the baby? What will happen after this?

He witnessed everything and he went through a lot but this is the first time someone died helplessly in front of him.

“W-what is this? W-why am I here?”

Suddenly, a loud devilish laugh echoed all over the place.

“N-NO!!! STOP!!!”

He immediately covered his ears using his hands which are shaking abruptly. He ran his long fingers to his wet hair. The devil inside him grew big. Everything is turning into black. Is this hell? Is he being punish of all his sins?

No. Not yet.

He was about to go back inside his fancy car, which is originally owned by someone he does not know, when he heard a sound of baby’s cry.

The laughing sound was turned into sorrow. A sorrow which is caused mainly by a human. A human who has a devil residing in his system.

The eerie sound seems to be getting closer. It feels like the baby is inside of him.

“You”

Ilhoon tried to search where the voice came from and he found nothing but a white light that merely could make him blind.

The light forms a human and it carries the baby in his arms.

Ilhoon tried harder to be familiarised but it has no face.

“You will be responsible for this child’s life.”

Seconds after, the life that he has treasured was taken away from him.

 

**