Prolouge

Perspectives of a 3rd wheel

Hello, I’m Kim Jongdae, best friend of your favorite  couple, chanbaek, also their permanent third wheel.
It’s really amusing how underrated 3rd wheels are. They literally help a couple to be a couple, calm and make both of them talk to each other after a serious lover’s spat. But sadly, no one ever appreciates them, because  no one is stupid enough to third wheel a couple forever. Oh, I also forgot to add a very important point about third wheels. They suffer in get parties because they are the only person in the party  without a date and has to tolerate gross pdas. 
I’ve been friends with Park Chanyeol & Byun Baekhyun for a long time. Park Chanyeol was the guy who sat behind me in elementary school, Byun Baekhyun sat in front of me. We played during the recess. That’s how we became friends. Then after a few days Baekhyun’s family moved to the house next to mine, so me and Baekhyun also did homework together.  Chanyeol lived 2/3 blocks away, so he used come over after school and on weekends. It became our routine, for the rest of our school life and we were the best of friends. Yes, it wasn’t like we didn’t talk to others and we did have other friends. But they weren’t permanent. In the end, it was us. Chanyeol, Baekhyun and I. we were inseparable.
We stayed together even after I realized that I was straight and the other two was gay.
And in our senior year both of them realized that, well, they both were the love of each others lives
All of this made me very happy as I love and cherish them a lot. We’ve been through thick and thin, we were always there for each other no matter what it was. (I won’t tell you that story today, maybe later).
Now I’m a 26 year old guy who works in a corporate office and guess what?
My Chanbaek is getting married!
Sheesh I feel like a mom, seeing them getting married. I hope they don’t need to call me to resolve a lover’s spat or arrange something or manage if any of them forgot something important like anniversaries. Seriously, I saw their whole relationship very closely. I saw how it grew. I know how much they love each other.
So, I decided to write this as a gift to them.