Final

Confessions
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I didn't know it would be this hard.

 

That one sentence has been running through a certain girl's mind for a few months now. She never knew it would come to a point where she's always distracted, feeling sad, lonely, hurt, mad and heart broken.

 

Ugh I hate this! 

 

The said girl who was doing her night jog, grunted before turning her jog into a sprint. She was running so fast that she could feel her lower extremities aching and burning. But she couldn't care less.

 

Because somewhere in her body, something has been bleeding, hurting and aching for months now, and she wants it to be gone. She want to free herself from the pain. She hates feeling that way. So she ran faster and faster, sprinting throught the track field, hoping that it would ease that pain she's been feeling.

 

"Oh sh-" She failed to complete her words after feeling a pain from her left ankle and having contact with the ground. 

 

".." There goes her interrupted curse earlier. She pushed herself to a sitting position and took off her shoe. Seems like she twisted her ankle and somehow scratched her knee. 

 

She exhaled loudly and closed her eyes before laying down on the track field, the beads of sweat from her forehead are now rolling down to her temple. She was panting so hard, exhausted from running too much and maybe, exhausted for feeling that way. 

 

I hate being in this ty situation. I never wanted to fall in love with you..

 

Or maybe I do.

 

"Where's my little pup!?" A shout across the field was heard by the girl but she didn't move a muscle. She just wants to rest.

 

"Yah! Yujin-ah! Get up, you're getting yourself dirty!"

 

Hearing her name, she opened her eyes and turned her head to where the voice was coming from. She could see a girl waving in a very weird way whom Yujin can recognize everywhere. It was her friend, Choi Yena, followed by another girl, Kwon Eunbi.

 

"Damn," Yena chuckled as soon as they got closer to Yujin. She squatted down and stared at her friend on the ground. "You look like ."

 

Yujin took a deep breathe and rolled her eyes. "As if you look any better-ow!!" Her hands automatically went to her forehead after feeling a pain there.

 

"That's what you get from laying on the ground," Apparently, Eunbi flicked her forehead. It was her habit everytime Yujin does something that she doesn't want her to do. It was just Eunbi's motherly trait. 

 

"Stand up. We've been trying to call you since it was dinner already." Eunbi ordered and offered her hands to Yujin to help her from standing up.

 

"I don't have anything with me." Yujin bit her lower lip when she felt her sprained ankle ache as she tried to move it.

 

She purposely left her phone sinceshe doesn't really want to talk to anyone, especially her.

 

"Oh what happened to your foot?" Yena asked, noticing how she's not planting her left foot to the ground. She then picked up Yujin's shoe.

 

"Isn't it obvious?"

 

"What? You're just letting go of the smell of your foot?"

 

Yujin scowled as she put her hand around Eunbi's shoulder while complaining that she's sweaty and she stinks. She's not in the mood for any teasing and Yena is not helping.

 

"You're such an idiot, Yena."

 

"That's because you're my friend, Yujin. And call me unnie, you disrespectful kid."

 

"Shut up, both of you." Eunbi scolded the two girls who immediately stopped talking before looking at Yena . "Help me carry this giant." She said. 

 

"Yes, mom."

 

---

 

The trio went back to their dormitory safely. Eunbi and Yena went to their respective rooms already since they are already sleepy and has a seven a.m class for tomorrow. Poor unnies, Yujin thought.

 

Yujin is glad that her Thursday is vacant so she decided to stay up since she couldn't really sleep. Or she's just not ready to see her roommate. But deep inside, Yujin misses her and wants to talk to her as soon as she arrives. 

 

But it's her. I need to stop myself from falling any deeper.

 

But deep inside her, she knows it's impossible to not fall any deeper in love with her. She's in a dip, isn't she?

​​​​​​

Yujin is currently at the kitchen, a cup of ramen is sitting on the table with her phone using it as a stand as Civil War is being played. She stopped eating for a moment so she could put bandage around her twisted ankle after giving it cold compress.

 

After doing the bandage, she took out a cotton ball and alcohol to clean her scratched knee. She was so absorbed in watching while attending to her wound. She was watching how Iron Man and Captain America trying to beat each other up.

 

"My man, Iron Man, can handle you Cap!" Yujin talked to herself. You could say she's a huge Iron Man fan.

 

"Yujin?"

 

A voice suddenly was heard which Yujin was totally not expecting, causing her to clumsily pour the alcohol straight to her wound in which she hissed in pain, trying to tolerate the stinging pain. 

 

".."

 

"Oh my god, are you okay?!" Panic arises from the owner of the voice as she went in front of Yujin and saw a few scratches on her knee and a bandaged ankle. "What the hell happened to you?"

 

Why does she sound so concerned? God, you're making it hard for me.

 

Yujin cleared before unfolding her knee and looked at the unexpected visitor. "I'm fine, Minjoo-unnie. It's just a sprained ankle and scratch, that's all." She shrugged as if it was not a big deal. 

 

Well, not for Minjoo. The older girl frowned at her as she watch Yujin put the alcohol and cotton balls inside their first aid kit. If looks could kill, Yujin would be dead by now. She gulped before turning to Minjoo.

 

I need to get outta here now. With that, she stood up and looked at Minjoo. Yujin waved the kit in front of her.

 

"I'll just put it ba-"

 

"I'll do it." Minjoo snatched the kit from her hands and walked past by her and placed the kit from where it belongs. Yujin was stunned and dumbfounded because of what Minjoo did.

 

What's up with her?

 

--

 

It's already two in the morning, but Yujin still couldn't sleep. There are so many thoughts that kept on running on her mind, and there's only one main reason for her to have those kind of thoughts.

 

Kim Minjoo.

 

They have been friends ever since they were young. They are always together. They went to the same school ever since pre-school up until now that they are college students. Of course they didn't take the same course since they both have different dream jobs. But here they are together living in the same roof with her other unnies and basically living in one room, since they are roommates. They are literally inseparable.

 

Or that was what Yujin thought.

 

After Yujin discovered about her feelings about her best friend, she started to be awkward around her. She's scared that she might say something that can ruin their friendship. Thus, making her distant to Minjoo. She does feel guilty about it, but there's nothing else she could do. She can't just pretend that she is not in love with her best friend.

 

Yujin groaned and punched her bed because of frustration which made Minjoo, who was on the other side of the room immediately sat up and looked at the other girl.

 

"Yujin, what the hell are you doing?" She asked with a hint of irritation and concern on her voice. She doesn't know why Yujin is acting like this and the fact that the other girl has been avoiding her is just making her irritated and annoyed.

 

Realizing her mistake, Yujin looked back to her and was about to apologize but suddenly she could not speak. Although the lights are already off, Yujin could still see Minjoo's face. The moonlight was illuminating her face since her bed was near the window, and it was a sight that took Yujin's breath away. A sight that will always make her speechless. And probably, a sight she wants to see every night.

 

"Yujin, you're scaring me.." 

 

Yujin snapped out of her thoughts and saw Minjoo looking at her with a confused expression.

 

"I-I'm sorry. I got lost for a moment.." She apologetically said as she scratched her neck. "And don't mind me, I'm fine. I'm sorry for waking you up."

 

You're so stupid, Ahn Yujin.

 

"No it's fine. I wasn't sleeping. I couldn't sleep." Minjoo sighed. She wanted to get her beauty sleep as long as she stepped in their dormitory, but for a certain reason, she just couldn't sleep. 

 

Yujin looked at her worriedly. She knows how tired Minjoo is. Her best friend is actually a very hard working person. There are times that Yujin would go to Minjoo's classroom, which is really far from Yujin's classroom, just so she could see a glimpse of the girl. Their schedule doesn't match so they don't really have a time to have lunch together or just to hang out inside the campus when they are on they are on their break. Thus, making Yujin sprint from her room to Minjoo's room every time she's on a break and just admire her from

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter