Just a Friend to You

#BrokenRadio: Just a Friend to You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 



「She's Back」

Leaning casually on the metal rail, Taehyung's eyes pierced every person exitimg the arrival portal, seeking for the familiar doe eyes to stare back at his.

Today she was coming back home.

After 10 years, Lalisa Manoban finally decides to come back to Korea, come back to her childhood, and hopefully to him.

"Tae-Tae!!!!!"

He turned his gaze to a female wearing a thick brown coat running hus way, disregarding her own luggage on the trolley and the people's stares, encircling her arms around Taehyung's torso.

Taehyung has been given 10 years, but not in one of those years did his secret admiration for his girl "best" friend disappear.

In fact they only gotten stronger during those times, making him fall deeply into her during their late night phone calls and facetime sessions.

"Welcome back Lis."

「Movie Session」

It was her first Saturday in Korea when Lisa decided to step in to her best friend's apartment once again, inviting herself over to watch her Netflix favorite with Taehyung.

She smiled as she waited for the elevator to take her to the highest floor, suddenly remembering how she used to visit him to watch Disney Movies with him.

They've grown up too fast, too quickly.

But sadly not quick enough for Lisa to forget all her feelings for the man she was visiting.

"LISA!"

Taehyung beams widely when he opens the door, hands automatically wrapping themselves around her after shutting the door close, swaying them both for a moment, making the girl's chuckle audible throughout the little apartment.

Lifting her a bit he brought both of them to his little living room.

"So what movie were we gonna watch again?" He inquires still not feeling the need to let her go, a little dense to notice the light peach tinted cheeks Lisa had.

Abandoning the big comfy couch both later on decided to fight for more space on the floor, as the netflix show previewed on the screen.

And though they should've been paying attention to how the other two leads had been doing loveu-dovey stuff infront of them, Taehyung and Lisa were too engrossed in their own world filled with a bunch of words and sentences they couldn't quite say to each other.

Why?

Cause they're just friends.

「His workmates.」

Being apart from each other it wasn't forgotten how they both made friends and aquaintances with everyone else. They both know that being social wad needed, and besides they had no power over the other to stop them from mingling.

But when Taehyung took Lisa to go drink with a bunch of his male and female workmates, Lisa couldn't help but feel giddy about it.

"Kim Taehyung!!"

Both Lisa and Taehyung turned to be greeted by half sober adults sitting in a half circle seat, each holding a glass of their chosen liqour.

Everything ran smoothly, with none of them sober enough to recognize the lady's existence. But what triggered Lisa was when a person, she wasn't given time to comprehend if it was male or female, came up to Taehyung and hugged him.

That person hugged him infront of her.

"What took you so long Taehyung-ah?"

The person's voice squeaks persuading Lisa that he or she was female, enraging her a little more.

"Oh but who is this?"

Both Taehyung and Lisa tensed when a voice creaks up from behind, almost touching Lisa's pierced ears.

"Back-off Jimin."

Taehyung glares pushing the person clinging to him away and walking over to Lisa, only to pull her away from Jin.

"Totes dude, I didn't know she was yours, you know I don't play dirty, or atleast not to my friends' girfriends."

The words coming out of Jimin's lips shocked both Taehyung and Lisa, but luckily Taehyung was quick enough to reply.

"She's just a very special friend Jimin, nothing's going on between us." He says almost slipping the wotd "yet" afterwards but was able to control his own mouth and swallowed the word directly back.

And though Taehyung  felt relieved that he was able to cover up the would've been big misunderstanding, Lisa held back her disappointment, actually liking the ring of girl instead of best before the friend.

「Jennie」

Lisa knows she could not deny how she felt after that day, but she also knows that telling him about it will drive her no where.

So declining his little movie and sleepover extravaganza, Lisa dressed up to meet someone she knew was more worth spending precious time on.

"Nini!"

She croaks a sob, hugging Jennie tightly before they both decoded to sit down to enjoy a cup of caffeine and probably a slice of vake as well.

It has been 5 years since Lisa had seen Jennie last, who came to pay a visit to her and her family on her way to back to the States.

"So how's Taehyung, Lis? I haven't seen him since you two were together." Words Jennie didn't think of before saying was sputrered, causing Lisa to choke on her Cappucino frape.

"You do know that we were never a thing Jen."

She clarified with a serious face before turning her attention back to her drink.

"We're just friends." She spoke, Jennie giving her a look of disapproval.

"Special type of friends."

Lisa tried her best to reciprocate the words Taehyung had said, despite knowing how Jennie could easily see through her.

"So your feelings haven't changed huh?"

Jennie's perpetual eyes gazed at Lisa's, who looked up and cracked a sad smile.

"Will they ever Jen?"

「Text Messages」

No matter the distance nor the time, Taehyung  had always made time to contact his beloved Lalisa. When Lisa was still in the States, both had to sacrifice some sleep and leisure time to speak with another, video calling every now and then just to check on how the other person did.

Pretty sweet for best friends right?

Well maybe because deep down, they both know there's something going on, but they weren't sure if the other felt the same to confirm their own feelings.

It's been 3 days 2 hours and 45 minutes since Lisa had texted him back, not even reading the past message he asked about watching another Netflix film with him this weekend.

Though he wanted to text her again, something kept him from doing so. As if a voice in his head that told him that he has not right to ask for her time when she probably has many things to do, especially with her new office in the city.

Just be patient

Be patient

Be-

"Oh who cares, I'm texting her again whether

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter